New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    What do you think of the 1994 MB E220 - W124? May nakita kse ako na naka-garahe lang at di ginagamit eh. Type ko sya! :inlove:

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Here's the photo:

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ok, ganito kse yan: this car is one of the cars of this office. But this particular car eh naka-garahe lang, as shown in the picture.

What I have in mind is to talk to the procurement office and inquire if they have plans of disposing this car, is so, ako na lang kukuha. (sana wag na bidding! hehehe!)

Anyway, upon checking (outside lang), sira yung front bumber (needs replacement), manipis na yung tires (also needs replacement) and the interior just needs TLC with detailing. Add tint, ICE and rims, ok na to! I forgot to look if it's a Manual or Auto transmission (umuulan kse eh).

What do you guys think? sir mbeige?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The tires and bumpers in the pictured E220 are different from the W124 E-class series. Verify if this is really a 1994 model. Maybe they just changed the badge to an E220, it might be a 230E or 200E.

The W124 is a very solid car, parts are plenty and prices are fair. Handling and performance is very good. You need to own a German car to know why it deserves it's reputation.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Car definitely looks like an updated W124 with the hood star on the hood and not on the grille anymore. Things to check with 1994-5 model year W124's are

A/C evaporator
    Wiring harness
    Auxiliary cooling fan issues

And as with quite a number of MB's already especially back there, check if it's a true 1994 model. The pictures show that it does look like one, but we all know that owners of lower spec models tend to update their cars to look more modern. Check the VIN, it should match all body panels. There is a VIN behind the license plate at the back as well. The VIN on the body panels should match the VIN at the A pillar, driver side (or was it at the dashboard already?), the VIN at the radiator support tag, the VIN at the firewall, and the VIN at the driver door jamb.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    The tires and bumpers in the pictured E220 are different from the W124 E-class series. Verify if this is really a 1994 model. Maybe they just changed the badge to an E220, it might be a 230E or 200E.

The W124 is a very solid car, parts are plenty and prices are fair. Handling and performance is very good. You need to own a German car to know why it deserves it's reputation.
    I checked the plate via LTO Text, it said: 1994 M-Benz 200E. However, it the badge says "E 220". I'm confused. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Car definitely looks like an updated W124 with the hood star on the hood and not on the grille anymore. Things to check with 1994-5 model year W124's are

A/C evaporator
    Wiring harness
    Auxiliary cooling fan issues

And as with quite a number of MB's already especially back there, check if it's a true 1994 model. The pictures show that it does look like one, but we all know that owners of lower spec models tend to update their cars to look more modern. Check the VIN, it should match all body panels. There is a VIN behind the license plate at the back as well. The VIN on the body panels should match the VIN at the A pillar, driver side (or was it at the dashboard already?), the VIN at the radiator support tag, the VIN at the firewall, and the VIN at the driver door jamb.
    Ok, I'll check it when I get the time. Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    I checked the plate via LTO Text, it said: 1994 M-Benz 200E. However, it the badge says "E 220". I'm confused. Thanks!
    If that is the case, then the unit might be a 200E with an E220 badge. Best to check the VIN and verify it on the VIN decoder at Mercedes Benz Club Russia to be sure. http://old.mbclub.ru/mb/vin/?lng=eng

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If that is the case, then the unit might be a 200E with an E220 badge. Best to check the VIN and verify it on the VIN decoder at Mercedes Benz Club Russia to be sure. http://old.mbclub.ru/mb/vin/?lng=eng
    Excellent advice here.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Wow! Nice! Thanks!!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
What do you think of the 1994 MB E220 - W124?