New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    RE: MB coolant .. last time I bought it at Php 580.00 at 1.5 liters. (Delodur Chino Roces)

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Just came from GBP (2-6pm) and here are my updates:
    1. Fuel system - they checked the fuel filter and pre-filter...ok pa naman, no algae. Malinis, so there was no need to clean the tank. thank God! nakatipid.

2. Brakes - opened and cleaned all brake pads and calipers. Had to overhaul R/R caliper, used ATE repair kit. Topped up brake fluid. Next time need to adjust hand brake, di na inabot ng oras, finished at 6pm. Cost: P1,500

3. Alternator - Tommy the electrician checked the alternator...grounded, culprit was the rectifier. Due to limited budget he just sold me a rectifier from an identical unit (90amps) and placed it on my unit. After repair and installation with hi-beam, fog lights, radio, aircon on it read 13.87volts. Problem solved, cost: P5,500.

Next in line will be the radiator flushing and a new battery.
    We also checked the problem of water sipping in the right side of my cabin. Front and rear right carpet of me car is always wet...magpacarwash lang ako basa na. Possible culprit is a crack at the base of the battery housing area. Any ideas?

...hay, the things we do for love! haha

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Re: wet carpets .. I did not see it in your VIN details, but does your car have a sunroof / moonroof?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by stimpy569 View Post

Next in line will be the radiator flushing and a new battery.
    We also checked the problem of water sipping in the right side of my cabin. Front and rear right carpet of me car is always wet...magpacarwash lang ako basa na. Possible culprit is a crack at the base of the battery housing area. Any ideas?
    Sir, check under the battery tray, malamang bulok na yan, same thing happened to me sa w124 ko had it repaired (latero) then apply primer properly, ok na.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    sir lowslow,
    haha, natawa naman ako dun. tama ka nga, wala sa VIN details yun tubig sa carpet. Instead of climate control meron ako weather control! no sunroof/moonroof.

Ron,
    Pansin ko nga repaired na ng fiberglass yun battery tray...I'll prob'ly have it repaired this week...any recommended fiberglass shops in QC?

thanks!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    sir lowslow,
    haha, natawa naman ako dun. tama ka nga, wala sa VIN details yun tubig sa carpet. Instead of climate control meron ako weather control! no sunroof/moonroof
    You may have misunderstood my question, hehe. Explaining it briefly, in an MB .. the sunroof/moonroof drains exit on the 4 corners of the roof rail. There are some instances where-in the hoses on these drains can get loose and dislodge themselves. Permitting water entry into the cabin.

But its a good thing that your's has no sunroof .... less worries .. :D

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007

Ron,
    Pansin ko nga repaired na ng fiberglass yun battery tray...I'll prob'ly have it repaired this week...any recommended fiberglass shops in QC?

thanks!
    Para sa akin mas maganda pa rin yung pa-weld mo nalang ng bagong yero rather than patch it up with fiberglass.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    leaks could also come from bad drains from the windshield. If it is a 124, the windshield has this parang cover at the base of the glass (black rubber like material). This should be snug fit to the glass so that the water would slide down and to the catch basin of the drain. If it does not, water will seep into the cabin.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    I had my car's battery tray fixed at a fiber glass shop, mejo may na-miss silang spot sa inner portion so i need to go back to have it fixed. After that I'll observe it for leaks...

And i found this MB parts seller who offers surplus euro parts at crazy prices, imagine this...sira na kasi yun hood ornament ko, basag yun base. I saw his post at sulit.com.ph and met him at Kapitolyo. When I got there, my eyes almost filled with tears with what I saw - 201 and 124 parts that are almost in brand spankin' new condition!!! I was just looking for a hood ornament and ended up getting a whole grill because of his crazy low price! I highly recommend him, he really knows what he's doing, pati pagbaklas ng parts ang ingat nila gawin cos walang basag yun mga clips and locks considering these are old plastic parts. I was surprised to learn that he supplies a known big MB shop in QC. And they sell the parts at 3x his cost ( I know this from personal experience). Any one interested can reach him at 0932.6288688, oh his name is Karl.

Next week I'll be back for more goodies! ganda ng pasok ng 2011 ko...haha

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    uyy. this is good news!.. macontact nga next time..:D

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast