New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    congrats sir.. to post a pix, you have to upload it to a photo hosting site like photobucket. Then from there you'll see the link you need to post to be able to "share" it with to others on the inet.

As for "i wanna fix everything".. get to know the car first.. the prioritize the fixes... baka kasi magshotgun effect ka sa pagpapaayos.. mauna pa yung mga minor things before the major ones tapos maubos budget mo.. baka mainis ka lang pag nangyari yun...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posting pix...hope it works, am new to photobucket. Can i just use facebook instead?

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/...Photo-0073.jpg
    http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/...Photo-0075.jpg
    http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/...Photo-0060.jpg
    http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/...Photo-0061.jpg
    http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/...Photo-0062.jpg
    http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/...Photo-0070.jpg

Oh, and I got details on the VIN:
    VIN WDB2011261F300253
    WHC WDB
    CHASSBM 201126
    CHASS_IDENT 1F300253
    TYPE 201
    SUBBM1 126
    BODY 14599
    ENGINE 602911 12 007624
    INTERIOR 074
    LIGHTS BOSCH BOSCH
    ORDER_NUM 0683915502
    PAINT1 623
    TRANSMISSION 722414 02 417743
    WIPER BOSCH 000000

Code
    240 OUTSIDE TEMPERATURE INDICATOR
    286 Unknown
    290 Unknown
    400 FOLDING ARMREST IN THE REAR
    420 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 4-GEAR
    430 HEADREST IN THE REAR, LEFT AND RIGHT
    466 Unknown
    498 VERSION FOR JAPAN
    506 Unknown
    543 SUN VISOR W/ MAKE-UP MIRROR L. AND R., BE-
    570 FOLDING ARMREST, FRONT
    586 Unknown
    593 ALL-ROUND WD-GREEN GLASS,HEATED REAR WINDOW-ESG,BF
    613 LAMP UNIT - ASSYMETRICAL, LH TRAFFIC
    673 HIGH-CAPACITY BATTERY
    807 AEJ 06/1/M/X
    812 Unknown
    623 VERSION FOR THE GULF STATES
    074 Unknown

So, i guess my unit was actually imported from Japan. what are the "unkown"s kaya?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    oops, double post...please read next post
    sorry
    Last edited by stimpy569; December 13th, 2010 at 11:20 PM. Reason: double sent.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Masters,
    Here's a list of the stuff that the previous owner had done:
    1. Air Filter (Jan'08) - Delodur
    2. Replace 3 rotor discs & R/R brake shoes (Feb'08) - HMS
    3. Clutch coil rewind (Aug'08) - Rey-Nor Electrical
    4. Reset 4pcs igniter (??? labo ng sulat eh) (Aug'08) - ManCas Calibration
    5. Reset 4pcs injectors (Sep'08) - ManCas Calibration

Here's what i've had recently done:

1. Check all fluids (engine oil, tranny oil, P. steering, differential oil, brakes)
    -tranny, p. steering & air filters are ok.
    -all oils ok but had a change oil to be safe.
    2. Aircon cleaning & charging (F-134A)
    3. Fixed Power door locks (vacuum)

And here's my priority list:
    1. Radiator - previous owner used distilled water, no coolant. I want to flush
    the system ala DIY but how do i do it? i read somewhere it's not just the
    drain plug but also in the engine itself! should i use a flush then distilled
    water + coolant? what brand of flush, coolant is best yet inexpensive?
    2. Alternator - need to fix or replace; low amperage
    3. Windshield - cracked at the base (wiper)
    4. Battery - installed unit is a 2SM, need to upgrade to 3SM at least.

Not much to do with body repairs. No visible rust on the underside.
    Ride is smooth save for a squeaking sound on the left rear portion (bushing).

Your wisdom is highly regarded!
    Last edited by stimpy569; December 13th, 2010 at 11:23 PM. Reason: re-edited questions

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    My MB runs fine on distilled water only. What is you temperature? If you really want to add coolant, get the MB specified one.

On the alternator, if you are running on stock headlights and no heavy sound system, it might just require check-up and repair.

Used to have a 2-inch crack on the lower passenger side of my former 300sd which does not affect driving visibility and just let it stay coz it has been "treated" already. Did not get worse after 3 years of daily driving it until I sold if after it was submerged by Ondoy.

As for the battery, It would help if you will replace it with the original DIN type the car requires.

My two cents.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    temp is at 80-85 celsius i guess, kasi lately traffic is really crap. dati halos di umaabot ng 80 eh but the other day lampas ng konti sa 80. I thought maybe i need to add water, since diesel gets really it's only logical that water in the rad evaporates faster than a gas engine. So, I boiled a liter of water and added it after cooling down. Now it's back below 80 against heavy traffic at noon...I love it! haha

ALTERNATOR - the lights on my 1987 are those of the 1992 variant as evidenced by the pics posted. I guess these can be considered stock since I made sure to only use the original bulbs as specified in the manual. Sound system is the stock blaupunkt cassette player and speakers. Power antenna works but the connection on the radio is dead na (need a new radio in the future). Brought the car to Mang Etoy and he said pwede try na linisin but better if to replace it with an 80A alternator, mahal nga lng, so sana makuha sa repair/recondition.

BATTERY - I know i need to replace it asap, hopefully the alternator can be fixed so I can put the funds into a new battery. I asked JOMEA and here are my options:
    -DIN88 88Amp / Magic Power (Germany) P5,495 / 15-mos warranty
    -3SM 75Amp / GS (Japan) P5,195 / 20-mos warranty
    -3SM 70Amp / Motolite Enduro (Phils) P4,195 / 15mos warranty
    am leaning towards either Magic Power (becos it's DIN88) or GS (becos it's 75Amps & 20-mos warranty). what do you think?

thanks again!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by stimpy569 View Post
    temp is at 80-85 celsius i guess, kasi lately traffic is really crap. dati halos di umaabot ng 80 eh but the other day lampas ng konti sa 80. I thought maybe i need to add water, since diesel gets really it's only logical that water in the rad evaporates faster than a gas engine. So, I boiled a liter of water and added it after cooling down. Now it's back below 80 against heavy traffic at noon...I love it! haha

ALTERNATOR - the lights on my 1987 are those of the 1992 variant as evidenced by the pics posted. I guess these can be considered stock since I made sure to only use the original bulbs as specified in the manual. Sound system is the stock blaupunkt cassette player and speakers. Power antenna works but the connection on the radio is dead na (need a new radio in the future). Brought the car to Mang Etoy and he said pwede try na linisin but better if to replace it with an 80A alternator, mahal nga lng, so sana makuha sa repair/recondition.

BATTERY - I know i need to replace it asap, hopefully the alternator can be fixed so I can put the funds into a new battery. I asked JOMEA and here are my options:
    -DIN88 88Amp / Magic Power (Germany) P5,495 / 15-mos warranty
    -3SM 75Amp / GS (Japan) P5,195 / 20-mos warranty
    -3SM 70Amp / Motolite Enduro (Phils) P4,195 / 15mos warranty
    am leaning towards either Magic Power (becos it's DIN88) or GS (becos it's 75Amps & 20-mos warranty). what do you think?

thanks again!
    80-85c is just about the right temp for an MB. Just use distilled water and ONLY use genuine MB COOLANT available from Delodur, DON"T USE ANY OTHER COOLANT or you'll risk damaging your engine.

For the alternator, ang experience ko dyan eh mas mura pa yung 90 amp kesa sa 80 amp.

For the battery, ok naman yung Magic Power DIN 88 pero di yun gawa sa Germany, ang alam ko under licensed sya from Germany pero gawa sa Indonesia yan. I have a friend who had one in his MB before, it lasted him 5 years before it was needed to be replaced again.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    am leaning towards the GS 3SM due to the 20-month warranty since kasya din naman sya, that VS Magic Power since it's DIN88 at 88Amps.

How much is the coolant at Delodur? are they the only one carrying it?

Tomorrow am headed for GBP in kamias since they're near my office - they seem to know what they're doing. Will have the following done:
    - clean fuel tank and lines
    - check brake lines / brake pad indicator
    - check undercarriage
    - check alternator (hopefully they can repair it, kasi if its a loose connection lang daw then it can be repaired. They checked my alternator and it's a 90amp unit.)

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by stimpy569 View Post
    am leaning towards the GS 3SM due to the 20-month warranty since kasya din naman sya, that VS Magic Power since it's DIN88 at 88Amps.

How much is the coolant at Delodur? are they the only one carrying it?

Tomorrow am headed for GBP in kamias since they're near my office - they seem to know what they're doing. Will have the following done:
    - clean fuel tank and lines
    - check brake lines / brake pad indicator
    - check undercarriage
    - check alternator (hopefully they can repair it, kasi if its a loose connection lang daw then it can be repaired. They checked my alternator and it's a 90amp unit.)
    So far sa Delodur lang ako nakakita nung coolant, parang 600 yata for 1.5 liters.

I know the Gerry from GBP, he used to be the head mechanic dun sa shop na pinagpapagawan ko, magaling yan si Gerry he knows MB stuff very well.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I got this for 5,500 with trade in from this seller last September.

http://cgi.ebay.ph/FS-car-battery-DI...item3cb36885b7

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast