New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Is this a next big thing for a gasoline engine?..

a diesel, without the diesel just a regular gasoline: Mercedes-Benz debuts DiesOtto.

According to motoring giant Mercedes-Benz, which has unveiled a new gasoline engine offering the high torque and fuel economy of a diesel together with extremely clean emissions. The company is highly optimistic, calling it “the future of the gasoline engine.” The Mercedes-Benz DiesOtto powertrain is a further development of the spark-ignition engine and includes features such as direct gasoline injection, turbocharging, variable valve timing and variable compression and it will be used in conjunction with a hybrid integrated starter/generator module. At its core lies the controlled auto ignition, a highly efficient combustion process similar to that of a diesel. The result is an 1800cc four-cylinder motor producing 238 bhp (175 kW) with torque of 400 nm while delivering 6 l/100 km (47 UK mpg, 40 US mpg) in an S-class.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I already posted a thread about this. Apparently nobody replied.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...light=diesotto

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    I already posted a thread about this. Apparently nobody replied.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...light=diesotto

apology dude.. but since nobody replied i guess both our threads are doomed.. kaput.. will vanish in thin air...lol.. wi'll think of something else na lang...all the best dude.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Well, it's something new. But then again, I'm curious how they will actually vary the compression on these engines...moderators might just merge our threads. No problem on my part, baka pagtripan ka lang ng mods

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Pa-merge nalang.

I guess the thing is... this technology is so new and different, there's not much known about it yet, and not much to say. How much does it cost? How reliable is it? How close to production?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Well, it's something new. But then again, I'm curious how they will actually vary the compression on these engines...moderators might just merge our threads. No problem on my part, baka pagtripan ka lang ng mods
    thats right bro.. lately lang deleted agad ang thread ko dahil identical thread just right away...bammm.. ..and you know to whom??.. sa thread ng super moderator pa lol...

bro sabi nga ni niky ayan sa prior post, bago pa kasi itong diesotto eh kaya wala pa halos substancial info tungkol dito kaya halos walang nagpo post sa thread natin..

sana i-merge na lang ng mod ano? thanks mods.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007

bro i'm just speculating no.. pero seguro gaya din yun ng inital problem ng HCCI tungkol sa pag monitor ng engine internal activities na sa ngayon ay magagawan na ng solution through computer tech...microprocessors and high performance sensors or maybe transducers that can withstand high pressure and temperature sa palagay ko bro...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Sana kasing tibay to ng mga lumang Benz engines.
    iam3739.com