New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    hi mga sirs, first of all, maraming salamat po sa lahat ng feedback and advise. tama po kayo lahat. but siguro po i still want to complete the car, di ko naman po balak madaliin sarili but dahan dahan lang.

so far:

1. nakalas ko na po siding sa driver side, gumana na yung driver seat horizontal movement kinalas ko lang yung motor sa panel (two screws) pinihit lang yung wire)
    2. yung thug sa a/t tranny, i confirmed, wasak yung front propeller disk, went to enkat to get the part, fitted it, but unfortunately, it did not fit, i got the pnr sa box na 124.410.00.15 pero laman with actual printed pnr was 201.410.10.15 all holes were off by 3mm so i have to return the part by monday and work on the car again.

== i also discovered contrary sa manual regarding the use of 41mm the open wrench to loosen the propeller to pull the front disk, wala kasi ako 41mm kaya we removed the bracket near the first resonator. that way the forward part of the propeller slides lower and working on removing the disk was done in lieu of the required 41mm open wrench tool.

Again, I will still work on the car and finish it sometime. hindi man tomorrow but im sure I will and I will take your advise sir bob, ako na mismo kakatay sa oto if proven silly to continue on the car.

Maraming salamat po ulit, morepower and hopefully wag po kayo magsawa sa pagsagot sa query ko po.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Read this thread on front flex discs

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/...d.php?t=295621

You could have pulled the center carrier bearing support para mag bend yung driveshaft then you have access to the front disc.

Or lower the transmission a little.

Remember to MARK THE YOKES on the driveshaft para hindi mawala sa balanse.

Sumali ka sa MBCP or sa Benzworld W201 section - to get more technical help - if you need. Hanapin mo lang kami dun. ;)

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    sir salamat po ng marami. dalhin ko tomorrow sa enkat yung tinanggal kong busted front disk for comparison. thanks for the link, sir!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Here's one comprehensive link:

W201 Workshop Manual

http://modtech.us/w201-mercedes-shop-manual.html

* Right click on "merc.zip" .. and "save-as"

* Goodluck and Enjoy!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Here's one comprehensive link:

W201 Workshop Manual

http://modtech.us/w201-mercedes-shop-manual.html

* Right click on "merc.zip" .. and "save-as"

* Goodluck and Enjoy!
    BINGO!! This is what i've been looking for for a loooong time! thanks sir! 190e 2.3 m/t owner here

to the thread starter, i feel for you bro. i am also in the middle of restoring my 190e. nagarahe sha for more than 3 years so everything was stuck up. brought it to mang Vir in Fairview so he's been taking care of it dami na napalitan na parts, pero cant let go of the car kasi. its a keepsake from my parents, my first car and first benz pa.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    just got the new disk part number 124.410.06.15 can't wait to fit them!
    thanks for the manual sir!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rdt7G View Post
    just got the new disk part number 124.410.06.15 can't wait to fit them!
    thanks for the manual sir!
    How is your 190E?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    How is your 190E?
    To add, got some pics to share with us?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    after a couple of months, saving and spending my hard earned money, here are the updates.

1/ a/t shifting from "P' to "N" loud thud sound + jerking. "N" to "D" seems the same. when in "D" while driving ganun din only when may cases na nagsakto yung shift sa apak ko ng gas pedal
    - is this tranny mounts or worst??
    DONE. replaced flex disc. set the ATF into the right level. tranny filter, atf, replaced, differential fluid replaced. Thanks to Enkat and megastar

2/ the whole a/c system was originally R12 converted to I don't know what and was dome in a very bad taste, may pansit canton na wires sa ibabaw ng dryer ng a/c, worst yung center wood oanel binutas to give way to the makeshift a/c knobs!
    - replaced blower motor, 1set of converted harness was removed, remaining nalang ( connected sa aux fan) will be replaced when I will replace my radiator to a bnew one. The aux fan doesn't go high speed. tanggal na yung makeshift a/c knobs but it has left two holes on the wood panel. wood panel is being sourced..thanks to the a/c shop in bicutan

3/ both front shocks busted
    - replaced all four shocks with bilsteins. Thanks to Enkat and Evelyn

4/ there are cut wires everywhere in the engine bay
    - in process of restoring original wiring, pag may nakuha pyesa then palit...

5/ fan clutch was disabled
    - restored, thermostat was replaced, belt tensioner, damper replaced, serpentine belt replaced, temp switch replaced. Thanks to megastar

6/ fuse box corroded and may mga naka jumper
    - in process of restoring original wire harness

7/ brakes feel spongy
    - replaced all pads, front rotors replaced. Thanks to Rona

8/ disabled din ang hand brake
    - have the parts, lining and cable and ready for installation, piece parts were sourced, thanks to ricky chua's shop, enkat

9/ dash lights always illuminated yung oil, reservoir, SRS, yung parang araw, at may tick tick sound na parang may open circuit sa loob ng cabin
    - did the wiring, ok. culprit is the panel sabi ng electrician, deferred for the moment..

10/ antenna was converted to japan ones, nawala yung side panel cover sa trunk
    - antenna replaced to an interior type, did a sheet metal work para patayin yung antenna (butas), lh side trunk panel replaced, thanks to charon

11/ driver seat does not move rearwards, is there a way to manually overrride this, hirao ako sa driving position ko
    - after cleaning the contacts gumana na!

12/ only one key was given pudpod pa, di magamit sa driver side, pwede ba local alarm nalang i install?
    - replaced with tumbler, pero di ko din nagamit, got the key duplicated somewhere..

13/ rear passenger cabin lights does not illuminate
    - DONE. bulb replaced

14/ need to change the USV headlamps and grille
    - DONE. thanks to benzmizer

15/ door sidings upper edges starts to peel off
    - still sourcing for an upholstery shop, ninenerbyos pa ako at baka madisgrasya yung ibang panel pag pumalpak yung pagkagawa so no improvement for the time being

16/ sunvisor does not work (i mean sunroof pala)
    - DONE. replaced switch. my son and my wife is enjoying the view at night...thanks to charon

17/ lumalagatok yung rear passenger doors both during opening/closing
    - DONE removed and replaced yung door stop, thanks to sir pat for giving me the response on the other forum

18/ nawala ang hood star
    - DONE. hood star replaced. thanks to rona

19/ no radio
    - DONE. installed my old pioneer radio

20/ no medical kit
    - no action.

21/ spare tire was 14" ronal rims, anybody wants to swap with 15" steel rim?
    - DONE. got another set of 15" rims. thanks to evelyn

overall it is still not to 100% specs. But I am progressing, very happy and satisfied. Enjoying the car during weekends and coding. farthest I drove is to bulacan. bilib lang talaga ako sa benz. period. Next month, I will replace my radiator (para worry free), work on the "conversion" sa harness and aux fan, hopefully I get the relays soon and replacement harness and then on to aesthetics na.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    im getting the medical kit this weekend.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
HELP 190e 2.3 with a/t