New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

I haven't seen many CLCs in the metro... I wonder who else drives a CLC got mine just a month ago.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is a clc different from a cls???

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    what happened to yours, sir? if im not mistaken something happened months passed right? any updates?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy View Post
    is a clc different from a cls???
    CLS = Sedan
    CLC = Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    what happened to yours, sir? if im not mistaken something happened months passed right? any updates?
    +1. I assume nagawa na but we would be interested of the findings.

Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    CLS = Sedan
    CLC = Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    CLS = Sedan
    CLC = Coupe

Hello! I know this is a long overdue post/reply. Past months have been very busy........and not much has changed with regard to my 'situation.'

So rewind: my CLC (aka 'Mimi') got into a flash flood incident around the Mandaluyong City circle en route to getting an early morning breakfast, a tow truck courtesy of MB was sent which took my car to my home, then the same truck took the car from home and brought it to Sheridan. Incident happened on a Saturday morning.

Then from there on, much has happened.

Below is the letter I sent to MB, with names masked for privacy of the people involved:

As I have relayed to my sales associate and the service and later on his boss incident happened when I was driving from Makati down to Mandaluyong Circle when suddenly a wave of flood just suddenly flowed through the circle which splashed on the car. At that very moment, the car stopped on its own. I started it once but the ignition failed to start the engine. I immediately called the CATS hotline (817 CATS) for service. Car was lifted on a truck and brought to my house at 5AM and picked up again at 10:30AM to be brought to MB Sheridan. That was Sunday.

Granted that there was no work on Monday, I assumed that MB Sheridan would have already started assessing what happened on that day itself knowing how corrosive flood water could be should it get in the intake, the engine, and even the supercharger etc. Also, this was my assumption since I was in touch with my sales associate last Sunday and even Monday when I visited the car in Sheridan. To add, I made my request for a service car clear to LA since my CLC is my primary car used for work -- I move around visiting clients and attending meetings and I can't be immobilised just because.

I received a call from Jun last Wednesday and he asked for 2-3 more days to completely assess what happened to my car. I said sure and re-emphasised to LA my request for a service car.*

My service guy called me today, Friday, to say that they are currently draining the engine and need more time to completely assess the extent of "damage" to the car. This sounded ridiculous to me -- how come they are draining the engine and other parts of the car just today after 4 days since the car got to Sheridan? Sure, 3 days after work started Tuesday because of the holiday. But how come?

My service guy reasoned out that he was only able to speak to my sales associate Tuesday afternoon because he couldn't get hold of her in the morning and the JO was only released Wednesday afternoon. This sort of thing is not my problem since the car is already on MB's side. And clients don't really need bother themselves with when the JO is created so work on the car could commence.*

I checked-in with my sales associate regarding this and soon after I received a call from service manager. He explained to me that work actually started Tuesday. I told him that it is not what Jun said to me on the phone and that they should coordinate what really happened until today. My service manager patiently explained to what they were doing today and what the next steps are. He clarified to me that the service/loaner car isn't standard for cars in service or on repair.*

I received an SMS from sales associate saying that service cars are only for cars being repaired or serviced out of warranty issues.*

I am very disappointed with how everything is going because:
    1. your service team seems to be not coordinating with each other so updates to me are rather inconsistent when put together
    2. there is quite an unacceptable delay between the car could actually be worked on, ie. last Tuesday, and today. What if parts have corroded already just because JO was released Wednesday and work commenced only then
    3. service car was actually mentioned to me by sales associate on my one and only*visit to MB Global which is also when I immediately decided to buy the car. She said that should the car go on repair for a while, a service car will be processed.

Soon, it will be Sunday again and my car's essential parts could still be under "draining" -- a week after the car had been brought to Sheridan given all the delay in response time and inconsistencies among your staff. Add to that MB not fulfilling what it said when the sales pitch was made, ie. service car. Personally, I wouldn't be asking for something that I know is not standard. But I was promised that anyway.
    End of my letter that I addressed to the Branch head of CATS Global.

This went on for a while. Back and forth, back and forth between me and MB. Out of disappointment, my partner helped me by emailing regional counterparts/principals of CATS to try to get some attention. I also did try to email Felix Ang as I really felt flustered by all that was happening. Insurance got involved and began to process a total loss claim.

Finding was: water got in the intake, got into the supercharger, and into the cylinder so combustion included water not just petrol and air. In other words, they recommended to get an engine replacement. This led to insurance approving the total loss claim, but with about 100k Pesos depreciation (* 3 months since it was bought).

Luckily, MB Team heed my request (a request I knew was more of a 'right' than a privilege as promised to me when the car was being pitched to me during my one visit to CATS Global to check out the car) for a service/loaner car. I do not know whether this was out of the pressure put upon them from the region or from Felix whom I have emailed about this most especially that this was under a corporate account that has never done business with MB (executives from my company have always gotten themselves either a BMW or Audi, or Volvo).

Initially they gave me a 10 day loaner contract FOC. Then they extended it to another 3 weeks (so total of more than a month) for a black version of my CLC. This was goodwill that worked, I guess.

So insurance has given me my claim, but bad news is the CLC is already of MB's portfolio. CATS tried pushing the C180 Classic to me, but I don't like the star perched on my bonnet. (I'm 28 years old, that's why.) And besides, if the car I'd get would be from MB, I'd like to get a coupe.

But the SLK is out of my budget and does not have a 2nd row (there are 3 adults at home).

That's where we are today. It's been months. Only good thing (but a must anyway, at least from my perspective) is that MB lent me a loaner car, as promised. But I am not sure if MB is still in the running for my choice for a replacement car.

Quite sad if you think about it. I loved Mimi. and I really miss her. That dainty coupe was a stunner. But it only lasted for a while. No more CLC.

(Sorry for the homeric post! Thought'd be good to share details for storytelling and for your own reference, too.)

Cheers

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Sad to hear of the turnout of your coupe.... Sad that the CLC can't be part of the choices for the replacement. What woulkd likely be your choice that is available and would suit your budget?

Taking the chance, there is a scheduled EB this coming Sunday -- Sept. 18, at 7:30A.M. PALMS COUNTRY CLUB, Filinvest, Alabang. The will be buffet breakfast and pegged at Php500/head. Also, get to see the the brand new SLK! Hope you can make it bro.

Yep, I'll be there..... with my trusty 123 240d.

Thanks Benzmizer. Well, I considered all options given that I'm in the market again for a car. Finalists were the Volvo S60, Volvo V60, a preowned Grand Cherokee with 1k mileage no plate, Audi A4 and even the Genesis Coupe. Ive decided already... Maybe it's time to try Audi.

Will be out of town this weekend, but would love to still join you guys next time.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeDefender View Post
    Thanks Benzmizer. Well, I considered all options given that I'm in the market again for a car. Finalists were the Volvo S60, Volvo V60, a preowned Grand Cherokee with 1k mileage no plate, Audi A4 and even the Genesis Coupe. Ive decided already... Maybe it's time to try Audi.

Will be out of town this weekend, but would love to still join you guys next time.
    If you're not happy with the service of CATS then don't get the Grand Cherokee, cause you'll still have to deal with them since they also handle the sales and service of Jeep and Chrysler vehicles in the Philippines.

Yes I know that. :p Somehow, their goodwill worked with me. So thought of the Grand Cherokee for a while. But then again, they gave me the discount I wanted a bit too late.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Ouch, that's a bummer. They should have fixed your car using your insurance.
    So what did you finally ended up getting? (Sorry to revive this old thread).