New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Wrestler Ultimate Warrior dead at 54, WWE says

2014 WWE Hall of Famer Ultimate Warrior speaks: Raw, April 7, 2014 - YouTube

The Ultimate Warrior, a former professional wrestler inducted days ago into the World Wrestling Entertainment Hall of Fame, has died at age 54, the WWE announced late Tuesday.

"WWE is shocked and deeply saddened to learn of the passing of one of the most iconic WWE Superstars ever, The Ultimate Warrior," the Stamford, Connecticut-based company said on its website.

The Ultimate Warrior, whose given name was James Hellwig, began his WWE career in 1987 and rose to become one of the biggest stars in WWE history, the company said, highlighting an "epic encounter" in which he defeated Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania VI to become a WWE Champion.

The cause of his death was not given. He was added to the Hall of Fame on April 5.

"We are grateful that just days ago, Warrior had the opportunity to take his rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame and was also able to appear at WrestleMania 30 and Monday Night Raw to address his legions of fans," World Wrestling Entertainment said.

The 6-foot, 2-inch tall, 280-pound wrestler commanded the ring in his signature neon garb and long, blond hair, and face paint, WWE said.

His family could not immediately be reached, and an email sent through his website was not immediately answered.

In a statement on his website peppered with sarcasm, Hellwig expounded on philosophy and funneling energy from the ring into writing, motivational speaking, and his family life after retiring in the late 1990s.

"Ultimate Warrior ran because I was running him. He was intense because I already was. Whatever I am doing - wrestling, writing, working out, speaking, even weaving pot holders - I am going to do it with action and intensity," Hellwig wrote.

"I have built an incredibly empowered life on my OWN terms. As a devoted husband and father, I could not have custom-ordered a more loving, healthy, spirit-filled, and happy home life," he wrote.

Fans, supporters and wrestlers took to the internet to express their respect for the wrestler, who is survived by his wife Dana and his two daughters, WWE said.

Source: Wrestler Ultimate Warrior dead at 54 - chicagotribune.com
    Wrestler Ultimate Warrior dead at 54 - chicagotribune.com

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    RIP Warrior. Thank you for the memories.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Sad news...

I used to spend all my allowance renting betamax copies of WWF

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    He was my childhood hero back then. I even liked him more than Hulk Hogan.

RIP

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Akala ko namatay na siya dati nung pumutok ugat nya sa braso pagbuhat kay Andre d' Giant? Biruin mo, tumanda ako na naniwala sa kwentong barbero na yun. Naalala ko pa yung pang-gagaya ko sa "nginig" act nya pagkatapos ko pumapak ng Ovaltine.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    ^oo sir naalala ko yang usap usapan na yan nuon! pero as a fan di ako naniwala na pumutok nga ugat nya

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    rip uw.

si brock lesnar nga inalis ni mcmahon sa wwe for "not following" the script. instead na "dapat matalo" kay undertaker, pinanalo nya sarili nya sa bout nila ni ut.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    rip uw.

si brock lesnar nga inalis ni mcmahon sa wwe for "not following" the script. instead na "dapat matalo" kay undertaker, pinanalo nya sarili nya sa bout nila ni ut.

Then there's Brett Hart. Nasunod naman yung script kaso dinuraan naman sa mukha si bosing.

i think uw was one of the first truly muscular wrestlers, di lang malaki katawan, me cuts talaga. Right up there along with Lex Luger, Macho Man, etc. ...compare them with Honky Tonk Man, Andre the Giant, Million Dollar Man.

i wonder if WWE is planning a "reboot" of the uw character. Meron silang mga nirerevive ngayon e.g. Usos(ala Headshrinkers), New Age Outlaws, Hart Foundation(The Anvil's daughter?)
    Last edited by badkuk; April 10th, 2014 at 03:13 PM.