New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I buy both local car magazines and Car and Driver every month. Top Gear is not really for gearheads but more for casual car lovers. Their comparisons can be very subjective but at least they pick a winner. I like the articles taken from their UK counterpart. As for the C! mag, it is like buying three car mags in one. There are some F1 and Tech and Tuner thrown into the mix. Both need very patient proofreaders since they always miss to double check car specs and prices.

The only foreign car mag I buy every month is Car and Driver. I picked up the habit in college where I usually get to read the newest issue in the library. Though the mag is biased towards BMW, their articles and comparison tests are topnotch.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Thanks sa mga posts na really helped me to be wiser regarding yung two remaining mags. at kay ghots, didnt know na na source out agad yung article ni clarkson sa internet-haha! hilarious! and to those na nadidisappoint nung mag-parang I know din kse, I dished out some 125 peso money-na pinambili ko na lang sana ng pagkain ko, o pang gas man lang.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    C! and Top Gear Philippines are no match for my old regular car magazine---Autocar. I visit the websites of Autocar UK, Car & Driver and Road & Track on a regular basis also.

Still, between the two I still pick TGP. I take their reviews with a grain of salt, but their featured owners' rides and used-car section are genuinely useful. Ferman Lao is a personal acquaintance from my HCP days and I know he ain't writing BS.

C! for the longest time felt like a magazine with just one writer---Tito Hermoso.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    im really fond of reading magazines kaya i buy TGP back issues instead. just don't know why the C! back issues have the same price as the new ones - parang UNO mag...? hmmm...

anyway, mababaw lang ang kaligayahan ko kaya both C! and TGP is ok na rin. i like C! mag's review and opinions but i often get to notice some types and errata. minsan parang kulang sa proofread. and, yes, C! gives a lot of F1 info. not really an avid F1 fan, C! somehow introduced me to this wonderful sport. When I first read C! a few years ago, medyo na jargon-struck ako sa literature ng magazine but I also got to learn the car enthusiast jargon eventually sa kababasa.

Yes, Car and Driver gives a lot of technical info. Detailed talaga ang mga feature nila and most often, they would feature even the smallest technical details.

Motor Trend gives more car reviews and road test results.

C&D and Motor Trend, being American magazines, focus more on American cars.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I just wait for SM Hypermarket's 3 for 100 magazine promo to feature a topgear. then saka ako bibili.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Autocar is great. I was really sad when they stopped importing the Singaporean edition here.

Just read a Singaporean mag a friend brought over, and it reminded me again why I loved the magazine. Not much content, but the reviews from the UK and Singapore were good... both detailed, complete and filled with both objective and experiential assessments of the vehicles in question. It's nice to see people who can write short but detailed articles that focus more on the cars than on their backgrounds or what the writer had for lunch... (Clarkson, I'm a-looking at you... ).

I was really sad when C! folded their Evo venture back into their pages... Evo UK is another one of those magazines that just gets it right... too bad the UK version costs and arm and a leg...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mufflerlock View Post
    I would want to subscribe to car magazines nowadays specially when I saw the subaru impreza... I bought Top gear but the thing is, the high roller thingy, and the guy at the wrong car right car section, and the staffs of the magazine were all over the place. parang something is wrong-ska may full page pa sila sa huli.
    Hehehe... I guess it wasn't just me who got irritated by the high roller article.

C! is a really good local magazine for its price.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    man.. I thought that Top Gear and C! is one of those best car magazines in the PI. medyo hindi din pala.. maybe puro hype and porma lang ang laman ng mga nun??

anywayz, I hope that theres a magazine out there (localy made and published) na parang Car & Driver, Road & Track... or Sport Compact Car, Turbo, Import Tuner, Super Street. na finifeature nila ang mga local Import, Domestic & High End Luxury cars na makakapag relate talaga sa Philippine Domestic Market (PDM!! lolz!).

have some local Automotive news, reports, reviews, tech information, and so on. and have a featured car of the month.. along with other special feature cars, and a ride of the month. dapat maging "maka bayan" ang dating, hindi yung puro pang "konyo" lang or para lang pang "VIP" ang content ng magazine.

like how about a Tsikot.com Auto Magazine?? or somethin like that? what ya guys think?

aite, peace.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Grabeng turn-off yung Santa Claus wrong car-right car feature ng Top Gear Magazine. 2 pages wasted . . .

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Just recently perused an issue of TGP (yung may Impreza sa cover)... it was like reading FHM... medyo nakakababa ng IQ.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
What about Top Gear Philippines?