New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Avid car fan ako at Just a query from a newbie like me dito sa tsikot. I understand that there are two remaining car magazines in the country, C! and Top Gear. Or are they messing up?

I would want to subscribe to car magazines nowadays specially when I saw the subaru impreza... I bought Top gear but the thing is, the high roller thingy, and the guy at the wrong car right car section, and the staffs of the magazine were all over the place. parang something is wrong-ska may full page pa sila sa huli.

Is top gear, any good as a car magazine? or better ang C! yoko namang bumili kada isang buwan para lang makita ang staff sa magazine ko. nanghihinayang ako.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mufflerlock View Post
    Is top gear, any good as a car magazine? or better ang C! yoko namang bumili kada isang buwan para lang makita ang staff sa magazine ko. nanghihinayang ako.
    Top Gear Philippines as an informative automotive magazine, sadly no. As a form of entertainment that revolves (loosely) around the topic of cars, marginally. As a profit vehicle for SUMMIT publishing, defintely.

If you want automotive information, you might actually get fresher & better information directly from the internet. Its because I have noticed a number of their "articles" and pictures are seemingly sourced from the internet.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I used to by Top Gear monthly when Mike Black was still the EIC. Na turn off ako when VB Sarne assumed the EIC helm kasi puro na lang pa cute yung nangyayari. C! is okay but parang ang daming advertisements and di ako makarelate sa mga high end cars na parati nilang finifeature. I bought a good book Automotive mechanics by Anglin and Crouse na lang to satisfy my craving and I do search the internet especially here sa tsikot. It is so sad what is happening with TGP.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Thanks sa enlightenment. articles sourced from the internet? wow - id be better off to use internet na lang kesa bumili ng top gear kung ganun nga... hopefully, mas maging informative ang mga magazines dito, at may value for money...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I grab it as cheap way (compared to getting the uk mag) to get to clarkson's column.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    I grab it as cheap way (compared to getting the uk mag) to get to clarkson's column.
    If all you want is a cheap way to get Jeremy's columns...

http://www.topgear.com/content/featu...larkson/1.html
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/com...remy_clarkson/

Can't be anymore cheaper than free on the internet.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup. And since contract obliges TG Philippines to run Clarkson's column one month late, it comes out in print at exactly the same time Clarkson's column comes out on topgear.com.

Some of TG's comparos are actually decent, and Afuang's design dissection page is a good read, but their "premier" and "exclusive" articles are little more than brochures, and some of their other features, like the "ballerz" articles, are more beerhouse fare than car-magazine-worthy.

Vernon says he's open to criticism... but they still do some of the same stuff that makes TGP feel uncohesive and unfinished... sayang... they have some great contributors working for them.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think both Magazine should feature Beer house of the month

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    *ghost

I actually knew about his times and TG online columns, but I much prefer to read him on paper. Even got his compilation, "the world according to jeremy clarkson".

Quirky? Sort of i guess. Or maybe I ought to just print them out haha. Anyways I'm sure we're all the better for having his columns linked here. Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Let's see. I actually like C! better, if not for its price, the large number of ads and those cars we won't get to see here in the Philippines. As to TG Philippines, I liked it better with Mike Black at the helm. Some comparos are ok, since they feature cars we're going to be seeing much of, and which can actually buy, but some of their reviews don't help too much. Just like what niky said, they're just glorified brochures.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
What about Top Gear Philippines?