New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Not only hungry, but a little drunk...

Fuming Jeremy Clarkson was suspended by the BBC after losing his temper – over a meat and cheese platter.

The presenter erupted because he was offered the cold dish, as well as soup, instead of a sizzling 8oz steak after a long day’s filming.

The Mirror exclusively revealed how Clarkson allegedly hit producer Oisin Tymon, 36, in a row over food.

Now details of the bust-up can be fully revealed for the first time, which happened at Simonstone Hall Hotel near Hawes in the Yorkshire Dales.

According to a witness, the star, who had been drinking rose wine, barked ‘so there’s no food’ then launched into a foul-mouthed tirade using “every bad word you could think of.”

An eye witness said of the incident last Wednesday: “We were surprised at his reaction because we were all thinking surely soup is food.

“The staff knew the BBC crew were going to arrive late so they organised the platters. It was meat and cheese platters. The chef had gone home.

“When they arrived just after 10pm Clarkson got angry.

“It was more like a scuffle. But he did swear using every bad word you could think of.

“The producer stood there looking quiet and embarrassed. He was being blamed for not arranging hot food.

“The general manager ended up cooking himself for the three presenters.”

His co-stars sat in the Brasserie looking on in shock and a blond man tried to placate the star as he argued about the lack of food. The bar reportedly went quiet as he started to swear.

The local, who did not wish to be named, said “apparently they all left the next day and Clarkson apologised”.

Another local said: “He didn’t like the idea of sandwiches and demanded the juicy steak. He got his own way.”

In the end the steak, at £21.95 was served with fondant potatoes, cherry tomatoes, pan fried wild mushrooms and green peppercorn sauce, in a private dining room.

There was no sign of the shattered peace in the visitor’s book.

Before they left a BBC crew member wrote: “A wonderful, friendly and extremely accommodating stay. Superstars the lot of you. Thank you so much.”

RexJeremy ClarksonRant: Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson
    The hotel’s brochure says how Clarkson often stays with them after a “hard days driving”.

The crew had paid £80 for 11 of the 18 rooms at the hotel in Upper Wensleydale. Clarkson arrived and left by helicopter as the hotel has a helipad.

Robert Scott, the General Manager, refused to comment but confirmed the Top Gear crew had stayed with them last week.

However the fracas looks unlikely to result in police action – unless a complaint is made.

North Yorkshire Police said in a statement: “There has been suggestions that the alleged ‘fracas’ occurred in the Hawes area.

"We can confirm that no complaints have been reported to North Yorkshire Police.”
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Not only hungry, but a little drunk...

Fuming Jeremy Clarkson was suspended by the BBC after losing his temper – over a meat and cheese platter.

The presenter erupted because he was offered the cold dish, as well as soup, instead of a sizzling 8oz steak after a long day’s filming.

The Mirror exclusively revealed how Clarkson allegedly hit producer Oisin Tymon, 36, in a row over food.

Now details of the bust-up can be fully revealed for the first time, which happened at Simonstone Hall Hotel near Hawes in the Yorkshire Dales.

According to a witness, the star, who had been drinking rose wine, barked ‘so there’s no food’ then launched into a foul-mouthed tirade using “every bad word you could think of.”

An eye witness said of the incident last Wednesday: “We were surprised at his reaction because we were all thinking surely soup is food.

“The staff knew the BBC crew were going to arrive late so they organised the platters. It was meat and cheese platters. The chef had gone home.

“When they arrived just after 10pm Clarkson got angry.

“It was more like a scuffle. But he did swear using every bad word you could think of.

“The producer stood there looking quiet and embarrassed. He was being blamed for not arranging hot food.

“The general manager ended up cooking himself for the three presenters.”

His co-stars sat in the Brasserie looking on in shock and a blond man tried to placate the star as he argued about the lack of food. The bar reportedly went quiet as he started to swear.

The local, who did not wish to be named, said “apparently they all left the next day and Clarkson apologised”.

Another local said: “He didn’t like the idea of sandwiches and demanded the juicy steak. He got his own way.”

In the end the steak, at £21.95 was served with fondant potatoes, cherry tomatoes, pan fried wild mushrooms and green peppercorn sauce, in a private dining room.

There was no sign of the shattered peace in the visitor’s book.

Before they left a BBC crew member wrote: “A wonderful, friendly and extremely accommodating stay. Superstars the lot of you. Thank you so much.”

RexJeremy ClarksonRant: Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson
    The hotel’s brochure says how Clarkson often stays with them after a “hard days driving”.

The crew had paid £80 for 11 of the 18 rooms at the hotel in Upper Wensleydale. Clarkson arrived and left by helicopter as the hotel has a helipad.

Robert Scott, the General Manager, refused to comment but confirmed the Top Gear crew had stayed with them last week.

However the fracas looks unlikely to result in police action – unless a complaint is made.

North Yorkshire Police said in a statement: “There has been suggestions that the alleged ‘fracas’ occurred in the Hawes area.

"We can confirm that no complaints have been reported to North Yorkshire Police.”

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Hahaha! I was about to say that....

'Twas stated by our Brit colleague who was waiting in the lobby,- for one of our co-employees (obviously late) who was taking him out for lunch.....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

25.9K:branch:

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i attended a dinner party once, there was this guest who's a drinker. He drunk about half a bottle of red wine(which really isn't that hard compared to gin, brandy, etc) before the food was served. Ayun, knockdown, ended up spending the night at the host's guest house. Iba ang tama ng alak on an empty stomach.

i think the guy was right to be pissed, but if he was really hungry he could've stopped by a convenience store for something to eat. Umandar yung ego dahil lasing.
    Last edited by badkuk; March 12th, 2015 at 10:45 AM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    OT lang, personally i don't watch their show. the 3 presenters just do the rubbish talks instead of reviewing the car specs. mas better pa nga ang fifth gear show sa discovery turbo/DMAX channel.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    OT lang, personally i don't watch their show. the 3 presenters just do the rubbish talks instead of reviewing the car specs. mas better pa nga ang fifth gear show sa discovery turbo/DMAX channel.
    for me topgear uk is an entertainment show, i don't view it as a car review show. it's funny and entertaining that's it, if you watch it and expect to have a good car review then you'll be disappointed. unless you're one of those tgp ph fb page madlang people that thinks jeremy clarkson is the god of all cars.

anyway if you want a good unbiased car review show then watch chris harris on cars in youtube. unbiased, very detailed and great info on every aspect of the car he reviews.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Though I watched some of his work, I don't like Jeremy I think he's an ass, a dinosaur and all talk (walang yagbols, inamin nga nya nagtago siya sa ilalim ng kama sa Argentina).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Though I watched some of his work, I don't like Jeremy I think he's an ass, a dinosaur and all talk (walang yagbols, inamin nga nya nagtago siya sa ilalim ng kama sa Argentina).
    All the more reason why the offended party (aggrieved producer) should have knocked him on his *ss to see if Clarkson can back up his talk with the walk.

If JC was drunk anyway, he probably won't remember much of what happened the following day, except for a massive headache.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    ito daw yung guy na jeremy supposedly hit.

mukhang pinalaki ng media lang.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Official: The King is dead. Long Live the King!
    BBC releases statement on Clarkson

Posted by TopGear.com
    2:07 pm on Wednesday March 25, 2015

“It is with great regret that I have told Jeremy Clarkson today that the BBC will not be renewing his contract. It is not a decision I have taken lightly. I have done so only after a very careful consideration of the facts and after personally meeting both Jeremy and Oisin Tymon.

“I am grateful to Ken MacQuarrie for the thorough way he has conducted an investigation of the incident on 4th March. Given the obvious and very genuine public interest in this I am publishing the findings of his report. I take no pleasure in doing so. I am only making them public so people can better understand the background. I know how popular the programme is and I also know that this decision will divide opinion. The main facts are not disputed by those involved.

“I want to make three points.

“First – The BBC is a broad church. Our strength in many ways lies in that diversity. We need distinctive and different voices but they cannot come at any price. Common to all at the BBC have to be standards of decency and respect. I cannot condone what has happened on this occasion. A member of staff – who is a completely innocent party – took himself to Accident and Emergency after a physical altercation accompanied by sustained and prolonged verbal abuse of an extreme nature. For me a line has been crossed. There cannot be one rule for one and one rule for another dictated by either rank, or public relations and commercial considerations.

“Second – This has obviously been difficult for everyone involved but in particular for Oisin. I want to make clear that no blame attaches to him for this incident. He has behaved with huge integrity throughout. As a senior producer at the BBC he will continue to have an important role within the organisation in the future.

“Third – Obviously none of us wanted to find ourselves in this position. This decision should in no way detract from the extraordinary contribution that Jeremy Clarkson has made to the BBC. I have always personally been a great fan of his work and Top Gear. Jeremy is a huge talent. He may be leaving the BBC but I am sure he will continue to entertain, challenge and amuse audiences for many years to come.

“The BBC must now look to renew Top Gear for 2016. This will be a big challenge and there is no point in pretending otherwise. I have asked Kim Shillinglaw to look at how best we might take this forward over the coming months. I have also asked her to look at how we put out the last programmes in the current series.”

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast