New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson suspended after 'PUNCHING male producer, as two more episodes postponed during investigation' - Mirror Online

Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson suspended after 'PUNCHING male producer, as two more episodes postponed during investigation'
    19:25, 10 March 2015 By Rebecca Pocklington

Jeremy Clarkson was suspended by the BBC after allegedly PUNCHING a male producer, new reports have claimed.

The BBC initially confirmed the Top Gear host had been suspended following a "fracas" with a producer.

The row is said to have happened last week, but the alleged incident was only reported yesterday - when the broadcasting company decided to suspend the Top Gear host as it investigated the allegations.

The BBC's statement reads: “Following a fracas with a BBC producer Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended pending an investigation. No one else has been suspended.

"Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday. The BBC will be making no further comment at this time.”

While Sunday's show being pulled was already confirmed, the Radio Times now reports two more will not be broadcast while the investigation continues.

According to the news site, the penultimate episode of the series was due to air on March 22, and has been replaced by a documentary about the Caribbean featuring Simon Reeve.

Clarkson has starred alongside co hosts James May and Richard Hammond since 2002, and is well known for his often controversial presenting and social media jokes.

He is yet to comment on the suspension.
    Last edited by Monseratto; March 11th, 2015 at 08:49 AM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Yup,- our Brit colleagues also emailed me on this......

Way to go Mr. Jeremy Clarkson!

OT:
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! (in a few days)

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

25.9K:branch:

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    he'll be back, the only reason why top gear is so successful is because of jeremy clarkson. if he gets fired it will end top gear and top gear is the most watched series in tv worldwide plus the highest ratings in bbc. bbc need clarkson more than he needs bbc.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    well, he's a bit of a tool anyway so no surprise there

i remember he got a lot of flack last year for lively reciting/singing the racist version of the nursery rhyme eeny meeny miny moe on a leaked outtake of the top gear show
    Last edited by baludoy; March 11th, 2015 at 09:40 AM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    i wonder why he punched the guy.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    he'll be back, the only reason why top gear is so successful is because of jeremy clarkson. if he gets fired it will end top gear and top gear is the most watched series in tv worldwide plus the highest ratings in bbc. bbc need clarkson more than he needs bbc.
    Most likely. Much as I like his humor, I just wish someone would knock him on his *ss so he'd stop acting like one.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    Most likely. Much as I like his humor, I just wish someone would knock him on his *ss so he'd stop acting like one.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Shocking news. I just watched the 6th episode of series 22 last night. This season was shaping up to be Top Gear's return to form after several draggy seasons. Each episode genuinely entertained me.

Bad bad news

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuki13 View Post
    i wonder why he punched the guy.
    I wonder why the guy didn't punch him back. The only way to stop a bully is to punch him in the nose.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson suspended for '''aiming punch at producer''' - ITV News

10 March 2015 at 10:27pm
    Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson suspended for 'aiming punch at producer'

The BBC has suspended Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson amid claims he "aimed a punch" at a producer.

All remaining episodes of the current series have reportedly been postponed by the broadcaster.

Meanwhile, thousands have already signed a petition calling for the controversial presenter to be reinstated.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    A hungry man is an angry man...

Food fight! Revealed: BBC suspended Jeremy Clarkson 'for punching producer because his DINNER wasn't ready on time' - as 250,000 sign petition calling for Top Gear star to be reinstated

By MARTIN ROBINSON and MARK DUELL and EMMA GLANFIELD FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 16:44 GMT, 10 March 2015 | UPDATED: 10:31 GMT, 11 March 2015

Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended and his future as Top Gear host is in doubt after he allegedly 'snapped' and punched a producer because of a lack of food on set, it was revealed today.

The 54-year-old millionaire is being investigated by the BBC for allegedly 'smacking' Oisin Tymon, 36, in the face during a row over his dinner while filming on location in Newcastle.

The Corporation has decided Top Gear will not be aired on Sunday and the further two remaining episodes of this year's series may also be axed while he is investigated.

However, there has been a huge backlash to his suspension with 250,000 signing a petition to have him reinstated and tens of thousands more used the #BringBackClarkson hashtag to show support.
    Clarkson, who is said to be worth £30million, was pictured outside his west London home and drinking in his local pub yesterday and said: 'I'm having a nice cold pint and waiting for this to blow over'.
    The millionaire star is said to 'smacked' Oisin Tymon, 36, and the BBC confirmed yesterday evening that the Top Gear host had been suspended pending an investigation.

Last night Mr Clarkson retweeted a message from a fan that said: 'How can the BBC not show the remaining episodes of Top Gear, can't this be resolved without making the fans suffer'.

His daughter Emily also tweeted: 'Oh God, BBC please take him back... He's started cooking'.

The father-of-three allegedly threw a punch at 36-year-old Mr Tymon – who has worked on Top Gear for the last 10 years and helped produce more than 75 episodes – during filming last week.

The incident came to light after being reported to BBC bosses on Monday.

A source told the Daily Mirror: 'It was all over a catering issue. They came to the end of filming after a long day and Jeremy discovered that no food had been laid on.

'He just saw red and hit the assistant producer, who he blamed for not having organised the food. He snapped.'

Another insider told The Sun: 'Jeremy had a massive bust up with one of the male show producers and he ended up smacking him in the face. Everyone was absolutely stunned.'

Clarkson appeared to shrug off the incident, telling the newspaper: 'I'm having a nice cold pint and waiting for this to blow over' while a friend said: 'He didn't punch anyone'.

It came as the controversial television presenter was spotted sitting outside a pub in the Notting Hill area of west London yesterday afternoon.

A BBC source said Clarkson was called in to meet bosses and his suspension was agreed by director-general Tony Hall.

There was speculation last night that the matter had been handed to police and Top Gear footage may be needed as evidence.
    BBC producer hit in Top Gear Jeremy Clarkson 'fracas' identified | Daily Mail Online

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast