New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Just got a letter from skycable that they are going digital and that they are installing an "Adressable Box" FREE of charge on on declared TV units(max 2 units per house)

think this is inline to curb illegal connection.

so if you have more than one tv you need to rent one from skycable.

sana luminaw talga ang signal nila

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    And sana this could start digital TV... Meron nga akong HDTV kaso nagagamit ko lang sa DVD and XBox 360, sa TV puro standard def pa rin...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    but if the network are still broadcasting in "analog" then wala rin makukuha na digital signal ang Skycable diba?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    so if you have more than one tv you need to rent one from skycable.
    This move is meant to benefit Sky Cable primarily (because it would lower signal theft) pero pagkakakitaan pa nila.

I think people should resist this unless they provide everything free (no installation charge, no additional monthly rental fees, etc...).

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It's still useless if it's not HDTV 720p minimum.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the main plan is to curb cable tv theft but I doubt it would prosper as widely as they plan since it would just be a matter of time before it is possible to "purchase" digital decoder boxes from their "installers".

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Nawalan ako ng signal the whole day. I called sky. The said they're installing new digital lines replacing the old ones. I'm on an annual plan and still haven't paid for the next year. The representative told me I need to pay the annual rate first before they would resume my signal. OK, fair enough. Then he told me, I am only entitled for 1 digi box for free and not 2 as HP mentioned in his 1st post. I have 4 extra TV's. I need daw to pay a deposit of 1,500 for the box for each extra TV.
    So, my computation is: 6,000 for 4 TV's + 9,000+ annual fee. That's 15,000 + petot.
    Worth it ba or lipat na lang me sa destiny? May NBA pa.
    Does this mean the old analogue signal is out for all existing sky cable subscribers?
    Don't we have a choice to choose?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by tiboyx3m View Post
    Worth it ba or lipat na lang me sa destiny? May NBA pa.
    Does this mean the old analogue signal is out for all existing sky cable subscribers?
    Don't we have a choice to choose?
    Yung "digital" decoders are done to prevent cable piracy in areas na prevelant ang theft. Mukhang yun area niyo is one them, kaya no choice kayo. Destiny would be a better choice, lalo na at 450/ month. But be sure na meron sa lugar niyo.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Yung "digital" decoders are done to prevent cable piracy in areas na prevelant ang theft. Mukhang yun area niyo is one them, kaya no choice kayo. Destiny would be a better choice, lalo na at 450/ month. But be sure na meron sa lugar niyo.
    Yes, hindi naman daw nationwide ang move nila. Only those rampant ang cable tapping. They did confirm I would be given 2 free boxes.
    If I avail of their promo before March 31, they would give another additional month free of charge on top of the existing 1 month free subscription.
    Destiny is a sound choice. But.... imo, it's only a matter of time na mag swith mga magnanakaw ng cable signal to destiny. As a result, lalabo na naman signal sa area namin. :headache:
    Perhaps I might renew my subscription and downgrade to silver package na lang, loosing, 5 channels, Hallmark, Kids.co, Cinemax, Discover and Animal Planet. Wala pa rin BTV and Solar Sports.
    Thanks sa reply sir.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Maganda na ba ang signal ng Sky now? hmm if they are really planning to make it digital, we'll lets just see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
sky cable is going digital