New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Too bad for me Destiny doesn't have signal here in our area.
    Sky Cable naman is so frustrating when they give you different informations every now and then. This morning when I called them up, they told me it will take around 3 weeks to finish their digital upgrades in the area.
    That means I'll be stuck with local channels and pirated DVD's .
    Oh well. stay out na lang most of the time:laughbounce:

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    in my area here in sta. mesa, nasa likod namin mga squatters and tinuro na namin sa sky cable lineman yung illegal tap, but what did they do...NOTHING! kasi kasabwat sila sa illegal tapping... nung minsan may tao na nakasabit sa bakod namin, nung sinita ko taga skay cable daw sya. so hinigi ko ID nya. wala naman mapakita. told him next time I see you there i'll just point and shoot, considered akyat bahay ka na. reported it to skycable hotline... 2 years na wala pa din response

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Share ko lang guys. Skycable just installed 4 digi boxes kanina. 1,500 one time payment plus 150 per month for each box. Discounted if you pay annually. Additional cost of 350 installation fee for each box as well. Personally that's robbery. They just program it and connect the RF cable and the AV jacks. Nothing special or heavy technical stuff to charge you extra.
    Had no other choice kasi walang Destiny siganl in our area. Laki ng gastos.
    But the signal was noticeably crisp than before.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Kailangan ba ng box ng "viewing card" (parang SIM card)?
    O tuner + mpeg decoder lang yung box?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    gud am sa skycable!!!!

sa mga gustong lumipat ng destiny at walang linya sa area nila, meron nang solusyon jan!!!

g-sat ng global destiny ang sagot jan!!!

6688 annual fee at meron kanang btv jack tv at solar sports.

kaya lipat na!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tiboyx3m View Post
    Nawalan ako ng signal the whole day. I called sky. The said they're installing new digital lines replacing the old ones. I'm on an annual plan and still haven't paid for the next year. The representative told me I need to pay the annual rate first before they would resume my signal. OK, fair enough. Then he told me, I am only entitled for 1 digi box for free and not 2 as HP mentioned in his 1st post. I have 4 extra TV's. I need daw to pay a deposit of 1,500 for the box for each extra TV.
    So, my computation is: 6,000 for 4 TV's + 9,000+ annual fee. That's 15,000 + petot.
    Worth it ba or lipat na lang me sa destiny? May NBA pa.
    Does this mean the old analogue signal is out for all existing sky cable subscribers?
    Don't we have a choice to choose?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Wasn't there talk of a plan to mandate all TV stations to switch to digital here in RP?

If so, gayahin din kaya sa California na bawal na ang free-TV by 2009? May mga notices na sila sa mga bestbuy/circuit city stores na the TV to be purchased must be digital ready by that time from what I understand.

Mukang babagsak presyo ng TV tuner (analog) for PCs :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
sky cable is going digital