New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Sort of like the female version of the brutally honest Simon Cowell but without the intelligence
    Next time. Watch out on what you say. You might not mean to " pull-down " the dignity of others rather, you blurted it out as a joke ... it can still hurt the feelings of others since, in some cases ... they'd take it personally. If you'll say something ... think about it first, if it will or will not hurt the feelings of others. When you're in doubt, just keep it to yourself.

Huwag kasing rat-rat lang ng rat-rat na parang walang masasaktan sa sasabihin.

BTW. Simon Cowell will leave A.I. after the current season.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; January 12th, 2010 at 07:52 PM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/print/84759

"Huwag kayo makukuntento sa mga itinuturo ng libro at ng teacher. Kung magtatanong kayo, hindi masama iyon. Dahil ang mga teacher, they were just repeaters. Tinuturo lang nila kung ano ang itinuro sa kanila. Hindi na nila itinuturo kung ano ang gusto malaman ng mga bata," she said.
    Actually... despite being an educator... I don't completely disagree with those remarks.

It's good for students to actively question their teachers. It's disheartening teaching before a class and not getting any questions. That means your students aren't thinking. Thus, they aren't really learning.

Maybe it was said in an improper tone, but the message itself doesn't warrant a suspension. It's an unfair generalization... but there are much worse things on TV that pass for "entertainment".

Nagmumukha nanamang balat-sibuyas ang mga pinoy.

Complete and utter bull****. Don't really expect anything less from the MTRCB.
    Last edited by niky; January 12th, 2010 at 09:29 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Didn't liked her ever since, but Osang just gave her opinion. It doesn't matter if it's right or wrong, still it's her opinion. The network already made the right action since it may have violated their own views or even policy which they should protect as a company. That's a good move. If they will apologize for those remarks, that would have been even better. But for MTRCB to step in and suspend the show, now that's a bad move. Way too exaggerated.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    walang masama sa sinabi ni osang makuntento is different than maniwala. kung ingles yun sinabi ni osang walang magiging kaso. totoo naman minsan nagiging monotonous na ibang mga teachers lalo na yun may mga edad na, parang mga sawa na sa trabaho. pinahahaba lang nila. also, pag totoo, tatamaan talaga sila.

naging estudyante rin tayo/kayo ha? and for sure meron tayo/kayong mga naging titser na naging komedyante

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    To be fair with MTRCB, someone complained to them (according to the news I heard) that's why they acted on the complaint.

Very unusual lang for me is their actions are quite fast... pwede na sila sumali sa "Magpasikat".. yung pinalit sa Showtime

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    May conversation prior "Huwag kayo makukuntento sa mga itinuturo ng libro at ng teacher" remark. It was more offensive. Di binuo ng ABS CBN ang pag-report...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ktys7NPUVY]"Murahin mo yang teacher mo ha!" [/ame]

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah... finally heard the whole story from a friend.

My opinion? It was stupid of her to say that. To tell someone to "curse their teacher"... but... it's her opinion. She's free to express it.

What would happen if the MTRCB censored everyone who stated on air: "Yung mga pulitikong yun, puro nangungurakot!"

Or:

"Bwisit yung mga profiteering oil companies na yun!"

We know that not all politicos are evil. We know that not all oil companies are evil. But people are still allowed to say that on TV.

Once you give in and censor a TV show just because somebody expresses an opinion that you don't like... what's to stop someone else from complaining about opinions they don't like and getting newspapers and TV news shows shut down?

Better yet... they allow the show to stay on air, and allow a teacher representative to come on and defend the honor of us teachers against Osang.

Pasikatan lang ito. And it's stupid. Nagmumukhang balat-sibuyas nanaman tayo.

Hmmm... ma-shut down kaya bukas ang tsikot dahil na-bad mouth ko MTRCB? I wouldn't put it past those damn fascists.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Read the whole story in pep. Though her intentions maybe good, like students should be assertive it is still not right to tell the kids especially in national tv to curse their teachers.
    Eh miski nga matanda pag nagmura, pangit pa rin, sabihan pa ang mga bata na magmura.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jing View Post
    Read the whole story in pep. Though her intentions maybe good, like students should be assertive it is still not right to tell the kids especially in national tv to curse their teachers.
    Eh miski nga matanda pag nagmura, pangit pa rin, sabihan pa ang mga bata na magmura.
    tingin ko parang yung kay willie to nung kasagsagan ng pagluluksa sa kamatayan ni cory... yung intention ay hindi masama... sa execution lang sumablay...

i also agree with gh's view na porke nag express ng opinion ay di naman dapat censor agad... so kung manlait ka ng bading, dapat din icensor? manlait ka ng mga senior citizen censor din?

in a way, yung mga statements ni osang is more of the direction of critical thinking... which.. i suppose.. some sectors do not want the masa to be involved with... kung ang masa ay critical thinkers.. madali na makita yung mga pambobola ng pamahalaan at ng kung sinumang pulitiko...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/print/84759

Actually... despite being an educator... I don't completely disagree with those remarks.

It's good for students to actively question their teachers. It's disheartening teaching before a class and not getting any questions. That means your students aren't thinking. Thus, they aren't really learning.

Maybe it was said in an improper tone, but the message itself doesn't warrant a suspension. It's an unfair generalization... but there are much worse things on TV that pass for "entertainment".

Nagmumukha nanamang balat-sibuyas ang mga pinoy.

Complete and utter bull****. Don't really expect anything less from the MTRCB.
    That's what this is about.

I agree. It's just like the Fil-Am War. I knew more about it than the teachers back then.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast