Will Kris find true love...nahhh. Women with her stature rarely find it.

MANILA, Philippines – Actress-television host Kris Aquino on Sunday said she is giving up on her marriage with cager James Yap.

“Matagal naming sinubukan. James and I really tried to make this work. On my part, with finality, I can say ako ay sumuko na,” she said on “The Buzz.”

Aquino said it was not a “spur of the moment” decision.

"Kung anuman ang dahilan why this marriage, on my part, I'm saying it's over, the only person I will owe an explanation to and the only person who can demand from me, 'Bakit kayo naghiwalay?,' is my son," she added.

Aquino, who moved out of their home last week, refused to reveal the reason behind their separation.

It was last week when Aquino’s close friend, TV host Boy Abunda, announced that the high-profile couple was going through a difficult time.

On June 16, Aquino first admitted in public through her Twitter page that she and Yap, B-Meg Derby Ace’s (formerly Purefoods) star player, had a “big misunderstanding.”

Stress and long hours spent during the campaign period took a toll on their relationship, Kris, the lead star of ABS-CBN primetime soap opera “Kung Tayo’y Magkakalayo," said.

The "Buzz" episode on Sunday was Aquino's last as regular host.
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/entertain...age-james-over