New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Aug 2004

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

wow! ok sa alright to... a must see movie for me... makapagipon na para may pang imax...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    robert downey jr

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    damn this looks good!

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Another good movie to look forward to......

Kasabay din pala ng Indiana Jones sa May 08 din.

THREAD

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Disappointed with the pacing of the script. They spent too much time on the building of the suit itself and testing scenes... stuff that could have been two or three minute jokes and one-liners for Robert Downey Jr. became full-on scenes.

But despite that, this was a solid movie. I agree with the 7.5 overall, but amongst super-hero movies, I rate this a good 8.5. Definitely much better than your regular Fantastic Four or Daredevil fare.

And it's all thanks to Robert Downey. His performance and delivery of one-liners is classic. He brings a personality to this movie that most superhero movies lack. In fact, even amongst the recent superhero movies I'd rate above this (Spiderman 1&2, Superman Returns, Batman Begins... ) there aren't many breakout performances as good as this.

There's also lots of humor, and stuff that you might miss if you weren't a Marvel fan (Strategic Homeland Intelligence Espionage and Logistics Department ...I was laughing at that part... most other people in the theater didn't get it. )

The special effects are great, too. They could have put in more action scenes, but what's there is great! A mixture of mad-scientist humor, action flick and superhero movie. Definitely a must-watch for comic book fans, and one of the best superhero movies of the last two or three years.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I'm seeing it tonight

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hands on the sides + open palm when flying,

parang badingerz si ironman..

closed fist sana or isip pa sana ng ibang position

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    The movie was great. I wasn't disappointed. Robert Downey Jr. was perfect for the role.

But it was so bitin. I agree with Niky that the movie dragged or focused too much on the creation of the suit. I would have wanted more action scenes with Ironman battling more villains but I guess they have to build the character well. Although, Ironman was one of my favorites when I was a kid, I never really understood Tony Stark. After watching the movie, Robert Downey put credibility to the character. I fully understood Tony Stark's plight. Even the Ironman (animated) movie released last year did not explain Tony's intelligence and his enventual sympathy towards those affected by the weapons he created. (This is also a great movie for the Ironman fans).

The visual effects were superb. Definitely worth the P190 I paid for the reserve seating at GB3.

I can't wait for the sequel which will definitely have more fight scenes showing Ironman's capabilities.

I love this!! Even my 4-year old daughter wants me to her an Ironman armor suit thinking she can also fly if she wears one.

Don't fail to watch this.
    Last edited by greenlight; May 5th, 2008 at 12:16 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ironman! May 2008