New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Have you ever bought anything from TV shopping?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 55.56%
  • No

12 44.44%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Poll Question:

Have you ever bought anything from Home TV Shopping? e.g. Valuevision

- Yes
    - No

Do share your experience. Does the product work as seen on TV? Is it still working until now? Do you use it? Sulit ba?

I just got curious because I was watching this morning and found that they're still selling the same products as they did years ago, e.g. Restore4. This leads me to think that people continue to buy them. As to whether they work and whether people get their money's worth is another thing.

I mean, sometimes their adds look too good to be true, e.g. MotorUp, and the other one where they drain all the oil out.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Nope, never had the urge to buy anything from TV.

This leads me to think that people continue to buy them.
    Either that, or walang bumibili kaya patuloy nilang ine-air yung infomercial para maubos yung stocks.

sometimes their adds look too good to be true, e.g. MotorUp, and the other one where they drain all the oil out.
    Most of the time, they ARE too good to be true. My wife's earliest job was in this production house based in Pasig that makes infomercials. The Mako Knife set was one of their products. Yung sinsabing Cheflon Steel na component daw ng kutsilyo? Ordinary steel lang daw yun. Then they would also rig wooden blocks to make it appear that the knife can cut through wood in one strike.

Other times they would present testimonials from supposed "satisfied customers" and "experts" na mga expats lang using fictional names at pinagsuot ng lab coats. Purong boladas talaga. Pero hanep ang production value at technical work. Minsan nakapanood ako ng shooting nila sa isang subdivision sa Balara. Kalaliman na ng gabi yun, pero kaya nilang pagmukhaing daylight yung eksena.

Oo nga pala, if you see that Australian/New Zealand guy (Brendan McCarthy), siya yung may-ari ng production house, kaya siya lagi yung naka-front sa mga ads.

Running joke nga lagi dun e, "but wait, there's more!"
    Last edited by Bogeyman; October 13th, 2004 at 05:12 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    YES for some reason my dad is a sucker for these things. the best thing that he bought was the handy chef. its really useful specially when you have big parties at home where you have to prepare lots of ingredients

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    yup, i bought the timeworks thingy.

it works as advertised......but i don't use it as advertised. it makes one great clothes horse though hehehehehe

i used it before and i think if i used it as they say i should, i should be able to trim down, IN CONJUNCTION WITH A BALANCED DIET.....aaaaaahhhhhh, kaya pala ayaw gumana sa akin

andy

5. FrankDrebin Guest
    We bought our George Foreman Grill because of their TV ad but not through them. So far effective naman siya.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    got two pairs of mojave convertibles (shades), tapos binenta ko yung isang pair sa office mate ko.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some works, some don't...

Some that are proven to be good products (sa US)

1) George Foreman Grille (I had one in the US, works GREAT for a meat lover but don't have time to cook)
    2) Timeworks
    3) California Car Duster (Gulat ba kayo?)
    4) Restore 4 (Most effective stuff on limescale I've used on fiberglass)
    5) Yung wrench na kahit anong size pwede, forgot the name.
    6) Metrinch, yes those expensive tools were launched through the web.
    7) Orlimar and Adams golf clubs. Extremely popular and respected, first appearance? TV Shopping.
    8) Bissel Little Green Machine
    9) Tefal cookware, they sell it cheaper than retail.
    10) Fishing Lures, forgot the name, basta muka syang real fish, effective sya, hehe, when I used it sa fishing with my friends, I caught like 4 fishes before they got a bit (di pa nahuli hehe)

Dami pa actually...

Mostly bogus are:
    1) Diet stuff especially Taiwan stuff.
    2) Height Gaining stuff
    3) Scar Removal stuff
    4) Most knifes, etc
    5) Stupid pocket fishing rod, who's gonna stop in the middle of the road and decide "maka fishing nga muna" nampuch naman.
    6) Car waxes! (Although bumili ako Durashine before to test, ok naman, not worth the cost though.)

Dami pa din iba hehe.

Mga additives I still believe strongly that if the engine is in POOR condition or aged, they work wonders, but for most modern cars, they're worthless.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed, no kidding..... they sold Orlimar and Adams Golf Clubs via Home TV Shopping?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bumili ako dati ng isang liquid car wax that supposedly e kayang ibalik sa showroom shine kahit nangupas na yung paint, when i tried it, walang nangyari, kaya sinoli ko. binalik naman yung pera ko. forgot ko na yung brand, basta hindi durashine.

bumili din ako nung pang cut at pang mix ng mga vegetable salads, Powertools(?), Timeworks (byenan ko bumili).
    Signature

10. FrankDrebin Guest
    Meron bang bumili sa inyo ng "Air Sofa/Bed"?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Have you bought anything from TV shopping?