New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Totally enjoyed it .. quite nostalgic ... lots of popular hits which brought the house down ... napaos ako sa hehe ... kakatawa side comments ni Raymund Marasagin of Sandwich during the front act ...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

We did.... EDSA northbound was jampacked because of the Megamall Sale and LP Rally at the EDSA Shrine.... Worse, all parking lots are full at the Araneta Center so it took us a while to find a spot. Arrived at the concert 9PM, an hour late. Travel time was 3 hours for about 20Km distance from our place....

It was good that there was a front act, so we missed only the first 3 songs (sadly, with Everybody Wants To Rule The World)....

Araneta Coliseum was filled to the brim.... Everybody was singing,- although I particularly didn't like the lull in the middle of their performance as they were singing some 'not-so-popular' songs.... Everybody was clamoring for a second encore, but they did not oblige... Change wasn't sung, right?

A night to remember, indeed.....

9707:electricf:

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    andun ako ah

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Did anyone ever heard or buy their "Everyone loves a Happy Ending" Album?

Last edited by Monseratto; May 4th, 2010 at 09:50 AM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    andun ako ah
    Alright bro... We stayed on after the concert as a lot of vehicles are on their way out of the area.... We left at 11:45PM+, and home a little past midnight.... (Oh wow!- and we endured 3 hours of travel time,- same distance - going to Araneta Center)....

Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Did anyone ever heard or buy their "Everyone loves a Happy Ending" Album?

Never heard of that album bro.... Were some of their songs that night taken from that album?

9707:electricf:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Yeah, i only knew till the Seeds of Love album

We arrived just in time 8:45pm, tapos na pinoy bands (ilan ba sila?)and so as the parking haha! Had to park within the street as no pay parking has an available slots. Luckily followed a white Nissan Patrol and thanks to Araneta securities and QC policemen who allowed and even assisted us to park on the street. Baka akala bigtime kami :bwahaha:
    Sobrang puno ang Araneta Center!

Inside, finally got the chance to see Tears for Fears perform and take some shots after 25 years of waiting
    Last edited by XTO; May 4th, 2010 at 04:25 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oh hell yeah! Ang saya! Everyone was singing most of the group's hits. Tumahimik lang when some of the newer material was played. This was one amazing experience. Bad trip nga lang yung traffic because of that LP rally. And get this, Korina was greeted with a chorus of boos when she was caught by cameras flashing the "Laban" sign. Ayan kasi eh. Other than that, the concert was a blast. Mahal nga tickets pero sulit.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Fans ‘boo’ Korina Sanchez at Tears for Fears concert
    By ROWENA JOY A. SANCHEZ
    May 4, 2010, 5:34pm

Oops, someone got booed at the Tears for Fears concert at the Araneta Coliseum last May 2, but it’s definitely not the band.

Korina Sanchez, wife of vice-presidential bet Mar Roxas, became the object of derision of the audience when she was seen on the huge LCD screen flashing the “laban” sign (her husband’s party’s signature gesture) during the performance break of the popular 80’s rock band.

Sportscaster TJ Manotoc tweeted on the same night that the award-winning broadcast journalist, donned in a blue T-shirt (Roxas’ campaign color), got booed not once but twice by the audience.

Controversial media personality Mo Twister also blogged about the incident, saying it was “absolutely” right for the crowd to have done so.

“Sweet jezus lady, it's a concert meant to entertain the thousands of Filipinos watching. Maybe it's even an escape from all the political talk engrossing our country at the present time. How about you put that L inside your designer bag for just a few hours.

“I mean, how narcissistic do you have to be to see yourself on the big screen and think to yourself, I should pimp the ‘L’ baby cuz this could mean more votes on Monday?” he wrote on May 3.

Meanwhile, host and eventologist Tim Yap, who also attended the sold-out show, believes that “everyone deserves respect.”

“She also just wanted to enjoy the night—I'm sure it was a knee-jerk reaction for both parties,” he tweeted on Monday as well.

Apart from the concert itself, fans haven’t gotten over the seemingly politically colored incident, purging their thoughts over on blog sites as well as on popular social networking sites.

One netizen said, “Korina should not have ‘Marred’ the Tears For Fears experience with politics.”

Another Twitter user who darted the “Rated K” host was inspired by “Sowing The Seeds of Love,” saying, “’Yung line ng TFF na ‘Politician Granny with your high ideals, have you no idea how the majority feels?’ is dedicated to Korina. :D”

Another user bellowed, “Ayaw ng mga tao ng bagong Imelda sa 2016,” and “People went to tff to have fun. they didn't want to be politicized. L sign was a wrong move for korina!”

On Facebook, one fan posted, “Wrong crowd po Ate Korina, napahiya ka tuloy. Mga thinking class ang nanood ng Tears for Fears, sorry ka.”

Another one said, “Nice to see that Korina was booed in ‘her’ own coliseum. Hehehe.” (The Roxas clan owns the Araneta Coliseum).

The day before TFF’s concert, Korina and her 52-year-old husband also reportedly “sneaked in” at Kelly Clarkson’s show.
    Yes, it is on http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/255985...-fears-concert.... Somehow, the abscbn website is too slow....

I didn't get to catch this as we arrived late... However, this was relayed to me later that night by my sister who rode with us going to the concert, but opted to transfer to the MRT when we were caught in a jam at the EDSA....

9808:goodluck:

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    Yeah, i only knew till the Seeds of Love album

We arrived just in time 8:45pm, tapos na pinoy bands (ilan ba sila?)and so as the parking haha! Had to park within the street as no pay parking has an available slots. Luckily followed a white Nissan Patrol and thanks to Araneta securities and QC policemen who allowed and even assisted us to park on the street. Baka akala bigtime kami :
    Sobrang puno ang Araneta Center!

Inside, finally got the chance to see Tears for Fears perform and take some shots after 25 years of waiting

Yup, and my wife was telling me that the reason for the vehicle-jampacked Araneta Center were the volume of fans of the Tears For Fears group. They can now afford to buy a vehicle....

I do not remember now how I smiled to her (sweetly or insolently aka smirk)..... :bwahaha:

9808:goodluck:

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Yup, and my wife was telling me that the reason for the vehicle-jampacked Araneta Center were the volume of fans of the Tears For Fears group. They can now afford to buy a vehicle....
    yep .. same comment as my wife .. yung kelly clarkson concert the night before raw medyo nilangaw ..

i knew about the LP rally so avoided it by passing through san juan from makati .. i knew parking was going to be a bitch so we arrived early and lucked out sa parking sa shopwise .. best of all .. we got free tickets! ..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Anybody watched the Tears for Fears concert?