New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Cool kasi yung Hyakku Shiki eh. Ganda ng kulay! Kita agad ng kalaban. Pero ang astig yung pangalan ng original na piloto, Quattro B***** yun di ba?

I also collect gunpla(yung mga old school, di ko type yung seed eh saka wala na akong oras manood), di ko pa nga nabubuo yung iba. Binili ko kasi baka mawala na lang bigla at pagsisihan ko pa. Ang balak kong buuin yung "Sazabi".

Ganda yang V Gundam. May pagkabrutal yan (pero mas brutal pa rin ang Zeta). Panoorin mo rin yung War in the Pocket, ganda rin ng story.

Meron din pala dito sa tsikot mahilig sa Gundam. Ayos dito!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Mobile Suit Gundam
    Akira
    Patlabor
    Ghost in the Shell
    Jin-Roh
    Lupin III
    Appleseed
    Tokyo Godfathers

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    aku? ghostfigter, dragon ball, slam dunk, outlaw star, at cyempre gundam wing,, maganda ksi story

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    uu, maganda dun sa gundam wing e yung endless waltz. ganda ng pagkaka animate kasi very fluid ang motion.

ot: darksword, please dont use text lingo here or i will wtfpwn you :pirate2:

p.s. yay! i hit the 600 mark!
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ok po na-enjoy lang ako sa text format hehehe....

thanks!!!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    uu, maganda dun sa gundam wing e yung endless waltz. ganda ng pagkaka animate kasi very fluid ang motion
    May ******* ako ng Endless Waltz, theatrical version. You have to differentiate it from the OVA version, which is three-part; the former is better because it has extended scenes (almost 10 minutes of extra battle footage, plus a better ending).

Actually, GWing tends to portray Gundams as near-invincible battle machines and enemy mobile suits as mere cannon fodder, which is why a lot of old-school Gundam fans hate it so much. The capabilities of the Gundams in Wing are way too exaggerated and unrealistic; the aerodynamics of Wing Gundam's bird mode, for example, is questionable at best. Plus there is no clear explanation of the mechanical principles (although I have a theory on how the Shenlong Gundam's dragon arm might plausibly operate in real-world terms).

The original Gundam series (and its spin-off stories) tend to place both Federation and Zeon mobile suits on about the same footing in terms of capability and firepower, emphasizing pilot skill instead of over-the-top weaponry, plus offering a relatively more detailed explanation of how an MS could work. I got introduced to Gundam via Wing, but I've since moved on to the UC timeline.

Oh, and an interesting factoid: Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. held job recruitment seminars in six Japanese cities as part of MHI Jobcon 2005. These seminars discussed the "Mobile Suit Gundam Development Story", indicating the processes and requirements that MHI would have to implement, if the company were to build an RX-78 Gundam. :D

Ok lang maging volunteer firefighter kung ito ang dala mo, imbes na pipitsuging fire truck:

Last edited by Bogeyman; February 8th, 2008 at 06:18 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    not fond of Mecha, but I love Macross Zero.

also Love Gonzo's Gad Guard. story is just So-so, Mecha design is ugly rockman style. but art is coolness Graffiti. Screenplay is top notch.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Actually, GWing tends to portray Gundams as near-invincible battle machines and enemy mobile suits as mere cannon fodder, which is why a lot of old-school Gundam fans hate it so much. The capabilities of the Gundams in Wing are way too exaggerated and unrealistic; the aerodynamics of Wing Gundam's bird mode, for example, is questionable at best. Plus there is no clear explanation of the mechanical principles (although I have a theory on how the Shenlong Gundam's dragon arm might plausibly operate in real-world terms).

The original Gundam series (and its spin-off stories) tend to place both Federation and Zeon mobile suits on about the same footing in terms of capability and firepower, emphasizing pilot skill instead of over-the-top weaponry, plus offering a relatively more detailed explanation of how an MS could work. I got introduced to Gundam via Wing, but I've since moved on to the UC timeline.
    +1.

I got turned off by Wing because of the flaky story and characterization. When the English dub of "Mobile Suit Gundam" aired on Animax two years ago, I was hooked. "Gundam SEED" was also airing at the same time and while I noticed how similar the two series were, I enjoyed the 1979 original more despite dated animation.

"Gundam" is actually first and foremost a sci-fi space war opera. Everything technological in the Universal Century (UC) revolves around the plausible use of "Minovsky particles". These fictional byproducts of hydrogen fusion are the reason why radar in the UC is usually crap, why long-range weapons can't be accurately fired, why mobile suits need to be used, why beam weapons work the way they do, why you can fool enemy pilots with dummy balloons...

"Gundam" also depicts the truths of war very well. For all the RX-78-2 Gundam's early advantages (beam weapons, thick armor), it's not invincible. It also gets obsolete as the One Year War goes on and Zeon fields ever more advanced MS...and even gets trashed in the end. The robots, no matter how special they are, are just tools.

History buffs will also enjoy how the Zeon military use a motif similar to Nazi Germany, down to the guns they use. Many say the original "Gundam" anime is a pseudo-retelling of World War II.

Ok lang maging volunteer firefighter kung ito ang dala mo, imbes na pipitsuging fire truck:

Ayush. The RX-78-2 "Gundam" doing "Patlabor" duty :p
    Last edited by Type 100; February 8th, 2008 at 11:05 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Amen to that! Kaya nga UC Gundam ang gusto ko eh. It really depends on the pilot's skill to traverse adversity. Tapos magkaroon ka naman ng kalaban na kasing- galing mo na halos swertihan ang panalo (Chaaaar!), di ka pa matuwa nyan. Tapos yung rivalry nila Amuro and Char(daming alias ng taong ito, 4 ata), ang tagal natapos (14 years sa UC storyline) pa sa Char's Counterattack.

Kaya nga hindi ko nagustuhan ang Seed and Wing because of the same reasons above(sama mo na yung character design, masyadong pretty boy ang pagkakagawa). Masyadong ginawang invincible ang Gundam, wherein sa older series, skills and wits ng pilot ang nagdedetermine ng outcome ng battle.

Yung Minovsky particles, di ba yun rin ang fuel source ng mga MS sa generator nila? Tapos nagpapakalat rin sila ng mga ito para di madetect ng kalaban.

Parang Daimos raw yung drawing, pero ang ganda talaga ng fight scenes and story nito. Lalo na yung last fight nila, ang galing!

Galing talaga ni Tomino. Nabawasan yung quality noong hindi na siya ang gumawa(nawala yung darkness ng storyline). Napanood nyo yung Ideon (ito ang inspiration ng gumawa ng Evangelion)?

Astig yung pic! San mo nakuha?

Magkano kaya ang cost kung magdevelop nga ng Mobile Suit?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Yung Minovsky particles, di ba yun rin ang fuel source ng mga MS sa generator nila? Tapos nagpapakalat rin sila ng mga ito para di madetect ng kalaban.
    The fictional Dr. Yuri Minovsky is credited with creating the ultra-compact hydrogen fusion reactor which powers most UC mobile suits (although I've never seen him in any of the UC Gundam anime). AFAIK, the Minovsky particles are both a byproduct of this reaction as well as a necessary force to sustain the fusion process.

As you mentioned, they also have the convenient/irritating ability to screw up electronics and radio...among other things ;)

Some of the series (e.g. Victory) make a big deal out of not destroying MS engines/reactors because of collateral damage of the small nuclear explosion that happens. Better to disable the MS, or kill its pilot.

===
    Para hindi OT...
    I'm rediscovering "Ranma Hanbun no Ichi" (Ranma 1/2). I made the mistake of taking this anime too seriously when I first saw it. Don't expect any plot at all and you will enjoy it.
    Last edited by Type 100; February 9th, 2008 at 12:28 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Anime..