New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: who will win American Idol Season 7?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • David Archuleta

3 21.43%
  • David cook

11 78.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    who is your bet?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Archuleta will win, mainly because he has a huge fan base (cute kasi, madami pa ring teeny boppers sa Tate). And besides, parang mas well rounded si Archuleta. Si Cook kasi, pang rock lang ang dating, masyadong TH if you force him to sing love songs or ballads.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baligtad naman sa akin bro, for me tingin ko si cook dapat, nakakasawa yun si archuleta paulit-ulit lang, kulang sa versatility.....

and sa performance, stage presence..ang layo ni cook kay archuleta...

and mas madaling i-market si cook....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Archuleta will win because he has the votes.

But I think Cook will make it big in the music industry after Idol. Pero medyo maangas ang dating nya.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hahaha...

I've been watching since the start... my take is:

David Archuleta:
    Pros: Beautiful, clear vocals. Charming, in a goofy kind of way. Very strong voice. Has the ability to belt out memorable performances.

Cons: Can sound a bit "cabaret" or "theme park" (damn you Simon Cowell, I'll be using those words for months... :lol: ) on quicker songs. Sometimes sounds breathy on certain nights.

----

David Cook:
    Pros: Very flexible, commanding stage presence, has the ability to create his own arrangements. Obviously professional, as he's a bit more consistent than some of the others. Already radio-worthy.

Cons: Can sound completely "meh" when singing modern rock songs. This is why I didn't like him at first. He only sounds good when he's trying to sing in his own voice. Not as good a voice as, say, Chris Daughtry, but at least he's more original-sounding.

-----

My take? This will be a close one. These two guys have knocked off a lot of great (and not so great) singers due to their consistency. And that's what Idol is all about. Some guys have started strong, but faded, some guys started weak (like Syesha, and IMHO, David Cook) and stepped up.

David A. started strong, but has struggled to find his voice. He has breezed on through, but there are only a few times that I've felt that he was actually trying. David C. has had to fight to get recognition, but he has stayed very popular, anyway... he has had a few so-so performances, where he got lazy, but he seems to be working harder, to me. I'd give him the win just for that.

But by the voting, I wager it's fifty fifty. We'll see come next thursday...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I've been following David Archuleta since the 2nd eliminations in Hollywood. He's really, really good. I only noticed David Cook in the finals. For some reason, I'm quite happy with either of them winning. However, if I must choose, I'd go for Cook. He has a fuller, more mature voice and I like his style.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Cook is gonna win this season. The US is rock country. Alot of americans love rock music. Konti lang ang hilig ng ballad and love songs doon unlike dito sa atin.

Kulang parin kasi si arch ng showmanship. Medyo shy pa

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i go for cook from the start, his rendition on hello, is so damn good, better than the original i should say, he could make a revival album and it will surely be a hit!!!

on the contrary, he carry the music of the night very well, his rendition is good=)

though archuleta himself isnt bad either he has his support group and avid followers, for album release, i think cook will more than archuleta.

cook has his style, while archuleta sticks to pop ballad...

ot: napanuod ko si ogie doing always be my baby sa SOP, hmmm ginaya niya si cook, sana indi nalang, he sounded terrible and flunk immitation, ogie should have stick to his own rendition of the song...

top songs in my list:
    music of the night
    hello
    always be my baby
    loving angel instead
    billie jean

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    "Hello" was great.. I think "First Time Ever I Saw your Face" was also especially poignant.

I will definitely enjoy the finals...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From the words of the judges, it looks like Archuleta is gonna win. All 3 rounds went to him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
American Idol Season 7 finale...