New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 212 of 214 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214 LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2132
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I didn't sell the Sonata. I signed the title over to one of my wife's Filipina friends. The transmission on her old car (Oldsmobile Alero) died. She couldn't afford to get a spare transmission. So, she had that car junked. Since my Sonata already has almost 205k miles (330k km) and 14 years old, it was time to replace it. My wife suggested we give it to her friend so she can still go to work. Plus, we can claim it on our tax return.

We rarely sold our old cars. We either traded it in or gave it away, mostly the latter. They have so many miles they're not really worth anything. The Toyota dealer wouldn't even take the Sonata because it has so many miles. Plus, there are all the scratches, dents, and items wrecked by the kid.
    Ah I finally caught up to your mileage eheheh, 33X,XXX km

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Ah I finally caught up to your mileage eheheh, 33X,XXX km
    Gee. That was quick.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I took some photos of the car on the way home from work yesterday. The colors are still off a bit. But, this more reflects the real blue hue of my car. I get irritated when the camera sensor has problems recognizing the correct color. Sooner or later, I have to get it right.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by squatt3r View Post
    Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor
    Cool. The day after I brought my car home, I was driving around and got tailed by one of those (also blue). I guess we both had new, shiny blue cars. He had the quicker and more expensive car. But, I had the better blue color.

Come to think of it..... I think the driver of the Model 3 was also a Fil-Am.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 7th, 2019 at 03:10 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Cool. The day after I brought my car home, I was driving around and got tailed by one of those (also blue). I guess we both had new, shiny blue cars. He had the quicker and more expensive car. But, I had the better blue color.

Come to think of it..... I think the driver of the Model 3 was also a Fil-Am.
    Ang pinoy ba pag nakatungtong ng Amerika, Fil-Am na? Or kelangan one parent is American? Fil-Am ka pala sir?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Fil-Am siguro kapag naturalized or may parent na Pinoy. Anyways ... keep on enjoying your tsikots.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippin View Post
    Ang pinoy ba pag nakatungtong ng Amerika, Fil-Am na? Or kelangan one parent is American? Fil-Am ka pala sir?
    If they're here, I call them Fil-Am. It doesn't make any difference to me where they were born.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    If they're here, I call them Fil-Am. It doesn't make any difference to me where they were born.
    BTT: Nice car sir Jun, why did you take the Camry pala instead of the Accord, which most if not all reviewers say is better, is it the looks?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippin View Post
    BTT: Nice car sir Jun, why did you take the Camry pala instead of the Accord, which most if not all reviewers say is better, is it the looks?
    I like to keep my cars until they either fall apart or quit running. That means no turbo and no CVT.

We test drove an Accord 1.5T, Mazda 6 2.5L, and the Camry SE. We also looked at a couple of Lexus cars. But, we decided against Lexus because we still have a young (11 yrs old) kid. She tends to put dents and scratches on cars.

The Accord was nice. But, the turbo eliminated it. I liked the Mazda 6. But, the wife didn't like its styling. Plus, the Camry SE's handling actually felt just as sporty, if not better than the Mazda 6.

The Toyota dealer also threw in free tinted glass and door protection side molding. They stayed open past store hours for us. We got in at 8:15 PM and did the paperwork. By 9 PM, the car was cleaned/polished and we drove it home.

What is your ride?