New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    After assessing the condition of the stang with Alex, both of us decided to start with the body. A lot of aligning will be done (doors, hood, and trunk) plus all the panel uneveness (mga alon) will have to be dealt with. The most difficult part is to significantly reduce the auto putty in the rear quarter panels and at the same time even-out the curves.

Alex Isip and his quality controller, Robert, really are very meticulous and have sharp eyes on body and paint imperfections.

These are pics made last Saturday (Jan. 20)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hey woodfire
    The stang's looking good, some real progress being made I see. Saw her on TV the other day on QTV, she didnt have the fenders off pa when they shot it and only one panel was primed.
    looking forward to seeing her finally done

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Hey woodfire
    The stang's looking good, some real progress being made I see. Saw her on TV the other day on QTV, she didnt have the fenders off pa when they shot it and only one panel was primed.
    looking forward to seeing her finally done

Saw her too. a beauty waiting to emerge. btw, you said that alignment was a problem as well as alon. The previous restorer did not address that I take it? After all that time? Well, it looks like she is being re done?

Anyway, for a scrape to metal with no body work how much does alex normally charge kaya?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Hey woodfire
    The stang's looking good, some real progress being made I see. Saw her on TV the other day on QTV,
    OT: Woodfire, we saw the eleanor on TV at Alex's. Am sure you saw that and some samples of the one posted on the thread "Philippine Eleanor". Unfortunately we haven't. Now, how would you compare the quality of the two?
    Last edited by midinite; January 22nd, 2007 at 12:26 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    OT: Woodfire, we saw the eleanor on TV at Alex's. Am sure you saw that and some samples of the one posted on the thread "Philippine Eleanor". Unfortunately we haven't. Now, how would you compare the quality of the two?
    Oh and do you know why the owner of the eleanor chose to do it at Alex's instead? Considering he is aware of the other option.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I saw Alex Car Restoration Shop on QTV last saturday. Dami nila nirerestore dun. I saw a finished product. Ganda nung mustang! Parang ang sarap bumili ng old mustang and parestore dyan..... 5M daw bentahan ng fully restored mustang!....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I didn't see the QTV show though

Yeah, the previous restorer did not put quality work on the car. I suppose he was busy with other things aside from delivering his commitment to me.

After assessing the car, we decided to just work on the body as is (not strip to metal) and reduce the putty and rework the alignment.

I've seen the ALex-finished Eleanor '67 mustang and it was indeed sweet. To be fair, the owner imported the fiberglass panels from Farmers Branch Texas (home of Unique Performance) and alex was the one who put it all together. Nice & sweet ... the click of the doors were perfect.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by woodfire View Post

I've seen the ALex-finished Eleanor '67 mustang and it was indeed sweet. To be fair, the owner imported the fiberglass panels from Farmers Branch Texas (home of Unique Performance) and alex was the one who put it all together. Nice & sweet ... the click of the doors were perfect.
    How did it compare to other locally made Eleanors? And the ones made of steel? Havent seen kasi so cant compare.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by woodfire View Post
    I didn't see the QTV show though

Yeah, the previous restorer did not put quality work on the car. I suppose he was busy with other things aside from delivering his commitment to me.
    Hey you get to see the real thing so the TV thing shouldnt be a problem.

From the sound of your story the previous restorer seemed to be busy...busy collecting your money...joke only to lighten things.

kasi now you seem to be in good hands..and luckily your thread will help other restorers by shedding light on a bad experience. for that many thanks. It is a service. In fact i fear I may have gotten burned from an experience here (OT) of using a tip from another thread for LTO and the tip has disappeared with a substantial amount of money. I hope he re-appears soon.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Restoration Saga of My '67 Stang