New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Finally, today, I was able to pull out my UNFINISHED '67 convertible stang from the restorer in Bulacan.

The relationship with this restorer has continuously deteriorated since the beginning of 2006 because of the sloooooow pace of the restoration. Parts, have already been shipped and delivered to him from the U.S. so no reason for the delay. The original target date of completion was Feb 2006! It's already December 2006 and to my dismay, a lot of things still have to be done.

HOW IT LOOKED BEFORE I PULLED IT OUT TODAY

Engine Almost Complete

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I arranged w/ AAP to tow the stang

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Getting Ready to Load the Stang

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Loading the Stang

Loaded and Ready to Go!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My Stang's New Restoration Hub

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Work on the Stang by Alex Restoration will start on the 1st week of January 2007. Hopefully, the restoration will be completed within 2 months. Work needed are as follows: washover, interior, convertible soft top, interior trims, exterior trims, engine tuning, etc...

If I had known that the restorer in Bulacan is not very reliable and honest, I would have opted to bring it to Manila from the time I bought the stang in Decemebr 2004.

I'll post update on the restoration from time to time.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Washover? Paint still looks good...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikkomann View Post
    Washover? Paint still looks good...

Nope... not up to acceptable standard

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    hi. we are in the same predicament. firstly, pareho tayo ng model ng mustang: 1967. except that mine isn't a convertible. is your engine a 289? kamusta mechanicals? na-test drive mo na? from the pics in your post mukhang cosmetic na lang ata ang problema. mukhang malapit na matapos yan.

as for my project: more than a year na din sa restorer and so far, the best we've accomplished is make the engine work. major parts na lang na kulang ay gas tank at air cleaner. (note: the shop of my restorer is based in manila.)

on the other hand, ang sarap pakinggan ng makina. galit na galit.

btw, nice color. stock color ba yan? parang maroon kasi sa monitor ko e. also, i had my engine block painted ford blue. i noticed yours isn't. was it a bad idea on my part to paint it blue?

lastly, magkano quote sa iyo ni alex?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sarap naman ng project na yan....

...i wish i had some extra money (and garage space) to take on something like that.

will await updates :cool01:

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Restoration Saga of My '67 Stang