New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    thanks again. i tried posting a few days ago but seems like tsikot is acting up again. here's a couple of interior pics. not treated yet. ill wait til the body work is done.

i did some errands earlier and took it to the freeway. wow, very stable at 80mph. again i thought it felt more stable than the scion i previously owned. maybe the aerodynamics are just better.

first mod: "wheels and tires" aka tax and registration - $500+, ouch!

ill do the body next, most likely the entire car due to the scratches all over.

still debating on alarm/security/tint now that i need $50 per door actuator. might skip the $70 tint.

need steering wheel cover since the plastic is too hard, might go for an easy cover or one that requires stitching.

sold on trim rings after seeing one at yarisforums.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    $500 tax &reg---that's the only part of living in Cali I don't miss. I paid $85 here when we first moved here and the DMV folks said it was a lot until I told her I paid 2 times that in Cali for a SUV.

I like the Yaris design but that speedo in the middle just doesn't look right. They need to make it like other cars and put it in font of the driver.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    this is why i tell folks that buying via private party is not necessarily cheaper than buying at a dealer since you pay the same, maybe except a filing fees.

i can not get used to the speedo/dash info on the center. at night, i still have flashes that i lost the dash lights since i keep looking through the steering wheel first . no problem though, i know im not speeding since i cant.

the car is in the body shop now for the bumper fix and major touchups. next is alarm/keyless and maybe tint.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nice ride!

I had one (1.5L vvti). I sold it (because of trunk space issues) for an altis and now I drive a civic. Can't believe I'm still missing it.

I used to drive it really fast and corner really hard everytime situation permits. Very very tossable.

...I'll buy another given a chance.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    very nice whats the difference between the RS version?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    looks like the rs has stability, body kit, and extra goodies.

slight update on jonas (named after jonas sisters). had front bumper fixed and touched up the scratches. paint came out rough as expected, and will be back for polish etc soon. added beauty rims and now looks much better.

this is with optimum no rinse wash with klasse mixed. not bad for rough charcoal paint.

still debating if i should bother with power locks since i can reach the other door from the other side. tints and possibly alarm next.

p.s. not many compliments like the fx except a neighbor finding the car "very cute" and at times long stares from younger individuals.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    *mxfx

Question: When you paid off the balance of this vehicle from the bank, how did you gain $500 from this purchase? Is it because of the upside down value of the car? Or your budget is less than the balance owed by the previous owner?

Reason for my asking is because I have a similar dilemma. I was being offered to buy a 07 Camry SE with a balance of around $16K. I have dough to pay it off but I want to make sure the decision would favor my advantage.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    this is the first time i did it so hope i will answer the question.

i walked with the previous owner to his bank and hand him the cash in the amount of our agreed price. he then paid off the remaining balance which was less than the cash i handed him. he got the title, and did the transfer to me right after.

ok, i read what i posted again regarding the $500. it was just that i got the car for $500 less than my target price pre negotiation. a combo of quick cash offer and also a last minute repair that was not done as agreed.

check with the seller and be sure that both of you are clear on everything. is it 16k to buy the car? are you replacing your g with a camry?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thanks for your response *M.

The seller is actually a relative who is planning to retire in RP. He still owed the bank $16k and wanted someone within the immediate circle to absorb ownership. What makes the offer enticing is that it is fully loaded (complete sports package, moonroof, 19" dubs, aftermarket grills, leather seats, etc. But no Nav and no XM, which I don't care). Mileage is just 10k. Relatively fresh in and out for a 2 year old car. I've checked KBB and found that it is at least $18k (a win for me by $2k).

If this works out, I just might find myself giving up my G for a less costly daily ride.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    sounds like a good deal. hows the ride compared to your g? is the g costly as a daily car? or just having too much fun with it . let us know when you get your new ride.

the yaris got tints, paint polished, and now on the market. lots of competition so not expecting much. a buyer like it a few days ago and might call, but im not expecting it really. also, im on the hunt for the next possible car already.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
My "Baby FX" 2007 Toyota Yaris