New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I started to appreciate small cars since owning ones such as the g20 and the scion xa. I finally found and bought a smaller vehicle which is a 2007 Toyota Yaris. Again just like the last car (scion), this one took months of daily craigslist-ing, sending aggressive cash offers on emails, phone calls, until i find a promising one. The deal went fast, since owner was leaving for months and want to give up the car instead of surrendering it to the bank. Since this is still financed, the seller and i went to his bank with my cash and did all the transactions there. No time for checks, but i got the car about $500 less than my original target. The ride's interior is very good, but the exterior has a lot of scratches, including major scrapes and dents on the front bumper. This is a deal i cannot pass again. Lets just say i got a clean one for a salvaged price .

few days old with me, basic commercial wash (since i was sick), klasse, and wheel cover removed.

the car is the base auto plus convenience. so far im loving the features this car has to offer for its size and price.

-too many compartments and cup holders
    -interior fabric better than other cars.
    -plastics seem better than the scion (no big flat pieces), will look better after i treat it.
    -although having rear doors might be better for my kid and carseat, the hatchback is tall enough that i can step inside and fix
    my daughters seatbelt, a surprising plus for my bad back.
    -aux for my ipod, and the mp3 cd player (not tried yet)

still planning on the things to do besides the interior detailing that has yet to start. ill try to keep the cost down in case i turn it around.

-body repair, $200 for front bumper, or $300 including touching up entire car.
    -alarm and keyless, $160
    -tint, $100
    -rims/wheels rings or covers $50, trying to visualize if the ring looks better than getting a similar stock cover.
    or a used set for $300 (i.e. mini stock wheels and tires).

Next, the fun part i.e. driving .

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    So do you fix these up and sell them after?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Any interior pics?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Nice

Reminds mo of the movie "I Love You Beth Cooper".

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^what they used in the movie is a Toyota Echo.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    thanks. red, yes i will fix this up and bring it to a better condition then sell it while being a daily driver. i wont mind taking my time or not selling it at all . pre treatment interior pics coming up.

i thought this thing rides lighter and better than the scion xa, though review seems the other way around. nice pickup on the streets up to 40mph and seems to pull better uphill than my previous ones. it also rides quieter than the scion xa. the scion has more bang for the buck, but i think the yaris is designed better esp on the inside. as expected, after driving it for a few days then switching to my fx makes it feel like driving a tank again and appreciate its "dead silent" interior.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    ^what they used in the movie is a Toyota Echo.
    Thanks for the correction, I'm really bad distinguishing Toyota models probably my eyes are more on the driving stunts

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmmm... my budget would be:

A few hundred bucks... fix all the dings...

A few thousand bucks... TRD supercharger...

That is all.

Nice car... condition actually looks good, and it's not that unattractive on those black steelies... pinstripe the steelies with a red lip... go for that hardcore rally look...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Nice clean ride. All it need is a set of mag wheels.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Another vehicle added to your collection sir MXFX.

Congrats.

Add a new set of mags to replace those steel rims.

Fix the scratches etc.

Then it will be as good as new.

Great pick on the color BTW.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
My "Baby FX" 2007 Toyota Yaris