New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Holy crap!! That's US$91 just for an oil change. I think that about what I paid when I had it done here with Mobil 1 at the dealership. Makes me wish I was in California again, the dealer there always put in synthetic and and charged about $30. I even got one for free because they took over 30 minutes to get it done and they would initiate all work that was for warranty if they found any.

Stick with the 16's because you'll need new rims for 17's and the tires are also more expensive. But if you still want 17's let me know I'll swap my OEM 17's with you if you want it. I do know one thing if you want a tire that will last a long time get the BFG AT I know mine has more than paid for itself already having had it since 2005. What size are you planning to buy, 265, 285, etc?

I know what you mean about PRG, I keep going to their website looking at the lift hoping it comes down in price.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would go with the pro comp wheels first and will be using the same tire probably but no budget yet maybe late this year. whats the best offset when I want a half or an inch sticking out?

the BFG's last too darn long, mine still has its hairs lol

BTW is LaRana white? I saw his wifes picture with the x and I think she's a filipina.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Maybe Latino since he named his ride La Rana. I do know one thing I want my truck to look something like that when it grows up.

I know some of the guys have Filipina wives like Big Boy in Diego and Old Navy. Pro Comp huh? Not sure on the backspacing since I haven't really looked for wheels. If your going to get tires get it before the one's you have get too much mileage so you can get it prorated and depending on the life left on the tires. When I bought mine I managed to get $$ off the purchase price because I still had 4 really good tires(the 5th was flat at the time).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    really? I havent read any trade in options around here maybe Ill check with the store are nitto terra grapplers good? A/T. I want a more aggressive look.

look at this dude I think hes the first one to have caliper rub with pro comp wheels

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f...-issues-49595/

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Those look like defective rims that he got from what I could see.

Not sure how the Nittos are since I haven't looked into those myself. Are you getting the 265 or the 285? Since you get snow and ice I would get a tire with the mountain and snowflake symbol on the side to indicate that it is good for winter use. The one's I have looked at and researched so far are in order of cost from Tire Rack:
    -Kumho Road Venture SAT KL61
    -General Grabber AT2(looks like the BFG AT)
    -Dunlop Radial Rover RVXT
    -Dunlop Rover M/T Maxx Traction
    -Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor
    -Goodyear wrangler Dura Trac
    -BFG AT T/A KO
    All have the mountain and snowflake symbol for winter use.

My preference for now is the Dura Trac since it looks like a good mix of AT and MT. Next would be the Dunlop Rover M/T, it's an MT but still rated with the symbol and siped for traction. Then the Silent Armor and the General Grabber AT2.

But I could throw all that reasearch out the window and just get the Pirelli Scorpion ATR even though it's not rated for winter use just so all my vehicles have the same brand tires and it looks nice.

BTW I just checked the X website and found more Pinoys there or people married to Pinays.

Sixgearsoffury
    Lowhombre
    Yellowmantis

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    really? whos the pinoy owner there? lets bring them here lol

most people run 2 tire set up specially on cars here the other one is winter tires. Dura trac are good too are they considered AT? what about bridgestone revo's? i read somewhere that 285's might void the warranty.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If you get tires rated to work in winter conditions you can just run one set. It's actually what I plan to do when I get there since my BFG's have that rating on them already. The Magnum will have to be a 3 season car for the most part I guess with it's Pirelli P4 Four season tires. The Dura Trac tires are AT's but look almost like an MT with the aggresive thread patterns. The Revos are ok but you wanted something aggresive and I don't think they will fit your liking, besides that they are not winter rated. I'll check on the Nittos when I get home as my work computer won't allow me to see their website. It's sad that I actually spend time looking at tires to see which I want to buy next. LOL

BTW if you want to do mods maybe when I get there we can order together so we can get a shipping discount or something from the vendor. Even thought about driving to LA from there just to get the suspension from PRG and then drive back, until I thought about the long hours of driving back and forth from Calgary to LA. Are you going to buy the Superchips Cortex?

Not sure about warranties in Canada and how they are enforced, but in the US the problem has to have some connection with the part you changed for it to void the warranty. In the Philippines I gathered that dealers automatically void warranties if you change anything and they didn't do the work.

sixgearsoffury and lowhombre I thnk are Pinoys but I don't think they speak or understand the language just based on what I have read of their post. Yellowmantis, Old navy and BigboyinDiego are married to Pinays. There is one more Pinoy but he has a Frontier and he is in Texas but I can't recall his name at the moment. I know there is another person in Tsikot with a Xterra(black one I think) and the guy is from LA but I haven't seen him post much.
    Last edited by redorange; August 28th, 2009 at 02:04 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually all season rated tires does fine like my rugged trail t/a (alyas baklang AT hehe) which is also used by my uncle on his pathfinder for 4yrs and still no issues kapal pa nga ng goma.

how much are bfg km in the US? i saw 1 here at cnd172

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows...ecialOrder.jsp

i heard of someone (pinoy) driving to US he bought new tires and wheels but he got caught in the border and paid the dues lol mas safe pa ata USPS hehe.

Nag sasale naman minsan dito like buy 3 get 1 or 50% off on your 2nd tire specially on boxing day. but i havent really checked if its AT tires timing timing lang talaga. if I see one I will let you know

agreed on the mods part :D i really want to learn how to take the suspension apart.

I saw big boy diego in cardomain he and his wife has their own x's

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I think he sold the other Xterra already and I just saw he is selling his 2nd gen Xterra with all the mods.

Not sure what the price of the KM is but I normally buy from Discount Tire or Tire Rack unless I can find a mom and pop business that has them cheaper. I got my 5 BFG AT for $1000 US out the door with the replacement warranty, disposal fees, mounting and balancing included already.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    have you got scan gauge? i would probably buy one of these day if budget permits :D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2008 Xterra S