New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

Another option is the Subaru Legacy GT (2009-2013). They are quite solid and uses a lot of similar parts as other Subies. They also share the same engine as the WRX STi (EJ25). It comes in a wagon also. These midsize sedans are quite quick and fast. They are also mod-friendly - a simple ECU tune and you are looking at around 300hp already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't mod a Subaru Legacy GT. May isa sa grupo natin sa SCP naka modded Legacy GT, I think he already replaced the engine and after a while also replaced the entire transmission. I am also reading in foreign forums people making Stage 2 something mods with their Legacy and as expected doesn't hold well, had head gasket issues etc.

I keep mine stock and on time with PMS. Its been absolutely solid so far.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    I wouldn't mod a Subaru Legacy GT. May isa sa grupo natin sa SCP naka modded Legacy GT, I think he already replaced the engine and after a while also replaced the entire transmission. I am also reading in foreign forums people making Stage 2 something mods with their Legacy and as expected doesn't hold well, had head gasket issues etc.

I keep mine stock and on time with PMS. Its been absolutely solid so far.
    I guess a small increase output will be fine. Siguro if you are pushing for over 400hp, for sure ma sacrifice na integrity nung stock internals ng detuned EJ25.

Kahit in stock tune, the Legacy GT is still quite quick than most daily rides on the road. Kapag may nakasabay ako sa expressway na Legacy GT, gauge ko muna aggressiveness ng driver before intending to pass. The Forester XT is quick and fast but I know I won’t outpace a Legacy GT in a toe-to-toe sprint.

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    Camry for sure but not the most recent Accord generation (10th). The two older generations of the Accord (8th and 9th) are built like tanks and you can still see a lot of them on the road (even the much older 7th gen). The usual model uses the same engine for over a long period of time (Honda K24 2.4L NA engine).

Another option is the Subaru Legacy GT (2009-2013). They are quite solid and uses a lot of similar parts as other Subies. They also share the same engine as the WRX STi (EJ25). It comes in a wagon also. These midsize sedans are quite quick and fast. They are also mod-friendly - a simple ECU tune and you are looking at around 300hp already.

If one intends to keep a car for another 5 years, which one of these cars do you think would be easiest to maintain/repair in terms of parts availability and cost?

- Camry (8th gen)
    - Camry (9th gen)
    - Subaru Legacy GT (2009-2013)

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie26 View Post
    If one intends to keep a car for another 5 years, which one of these cars do you think would be easiest to maintain/repair in terms of parts availability and cost?

- Camry (8th gen)
    - Camry (9th gen)

Camry will be easier to maintain since FWD and comes with an NA engine. The Legacy GT is AWD and with a turbocharged engine.

Unless you want a sportier drive that you will choose the Legacy GT, no concern yung maintenance.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by robbie26 View Post

- Camry (8th gen)
    - Camry (9th gen)

ayaw mo i consider Subaru Levorg?
    sporty wagon. a little bit smaller than midsize medyo left field choice

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    ayaw mo i consider Subaru Levorg?
    sporty wagon. a little bit smaller than midsize medyo left field choice
    It is quite new also and shared a lot of common parts with the WRX. For those released within last few years, opt for the 2.0L turbo engine instead of the initial models with the 1.6L turbo engine.

The new Levorg is now called the WRX Wagon. It is priced around 2.6M. It comes with the newer 2.4L turbo engine.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    It is quite new also and shared a lot of common parts with the WRX. For those released within last few years, opt for the 2.0L turbo engine instead of the initial models with the 1.6L turbo engine.

The new Levorg is now called the WRX Wagon. It is priced around 2.6M. It comes with the newer 2.4L turbo engine.

wrx wagon na pala siya. so technically wala na ang levorg na nameplate?

size wise, set aside muna being a wagon is it correct to assume kasing laki siya ng corolla/civic?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009

from paper specs even the 1.6 turbo has decent output. compares favorably sa 2.4 camrys and accords. not sure lang kung may advantage sa fuel consumption in real usage.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    wrx wagon na pala siya. so technically wala na ang levorg na nameplate?

size wise, set aside muna being a wagon is it correct to assume kasing laki siya ng corolla/civic?
    Yep, typically a WRX in wagon form. Around similar dimensions as the usual compact cars. The old 1.6L turbo was decent in output for compact cars but doesn’t have any advantages over the Civic 1.5L turbo. Tama lang yung same engine gamitin as the WRX.

Subaru still sells the Legacy but they don’t have the new Legacy XT locally. The new Legacy XT uses the same engine as the Ascent, Outback XT, WRX, and WRX wagon (FA24).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12