New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yes its huge but I also want to point out that their main rival was the Mazda 3 and Ford Focus so medyo di malakas competition. Now that the new Altis is around the corner it might be interesting. Pero I for one am confident the Civic will still be able to maintain their lead in the compact sedan class.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    march 2008 na ba launch ng new corolla altis? any sneak peak and advance reviews?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    mazda 3 is better than honda fd.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by stgo0727 View Post
    march 2008 na ba launch ng new corolla altis? any sneak peak and advance reviews?
    Yes March 08. You can go visit Toyota's website nandun na yung bagong Altis. www.toyota.com.ph

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I'd rate the Mazda3's front seat as more comfortable for heavy guys (The Civic's front lumbar support is uncomfortable for some heavy guys, nobody else seems to have this problem)
    Used to drive an 07 fd, now driving an 07 3, now I'm around 160 lbs, I guess that's heavy already (but I'm 6') and I was suprised when I borrowed the fd that my sister now uses, and *#$%*!, those seats are hard (compared to the 3)!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by louien View Post
    Used to drive an 07 fd, now driving an 07 3, now I'm around 160 lbs, I guess that's heavy already (but I'm 6') and I was suprised when I borrowed the fd that my sister now uses, and *#$%*!, those seats are hard (compared to the 3)!
    will honda address that seat issue kaya with the 2008 models?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Yes March 08. You can go visit Toyota's website nandun na yung bagong Altis. www.toyota.com.ph
    how would you guys compare the looks ng new altis vs civic fd?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Looks kamo?? Yun nga nakikita kong malaking advantage ng 8th gen Civic over the new 2008 Altis aside that the Civic offers a better engine for the same or better price.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    by spirited... you mean lahat ng lubak, dinadaanan? hehehe! or cutting corners without slowing down?

am not heavy naman so i don't think i'll have that prob with the civic. hehe!
    Cutting corners... hehe... I've driven the Civic, the Mazda3 and the Focus at the limit. I'd rate them as Focus first, Mazda second and Civic third. But on lubak... at low speeds the Civic and Mazda ride better than the Focus. At high speeds, the Focus feels less floaty than the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by louien View Post
    Yup. Some people don't notice it at all. But for some guys, it's plain torture. My cousin owns a 3, and he drove his girlfriend's Civic to Pampanga... swore he'd never drive it again...

will honda address that seat issue kaya with the 2008 models?
    I hope they do. Otherwise, the only solution is a padded back rest (ala manong tsuper)... at least those are cheap. ;)

how would you guys compare the looks ng new altis vs civic fd?
    I was at the launch of the Altis. (I posted a review on our site) A lot better than the old Altis, and the seats are more comfortable than the Civic. But in terms of value for money... talo siya. The Corolla had the advantage of having airbags and ABS on even the base model, but the mid-year update of the Civic will have ABS even on the base model. It'll be tough for Toyota to claim a bigger market share in this segment... the Civic is just a better car.
    Last edited by niky; February 22nd, 2008 at 04:21 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I was at the launch of the Altis. (I posted a review on our site) A lot better than the old Altis, and the seats are more comfortable than the Civic. But in terms of value for money... talo siya. The Corolla had the advantage of having airbags and ABS on even the base model, but the mid-year update of the Civic will have ABS even on the base model. It'll be tough for Toyota to claim a bigger market share in this segment... the Civic is just a better car.

whats your website? would like to read your review.

midyear update??? you mean honda will make upgrades on the civic middle of this year again? or do you mean when they launch their 2008 models?

they just came out with the 2008 models with corresponding price increase my sales agent just offered me the 2008 1.8V a/t model yesterday kasi wala na 2007. ubos na.

the altis 1.6G a/t price here in cebu is P869k. i just called the dealer. new 2008 civic 1.8V a/t is at P865k (increase of P33k. laki din no?) -- with ABS and aux jack for ipod na plus other minor added features. no airbags lang.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Resale values for 2004-2006 Civics and Mazda3s