New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by daimengrui View Post
    It's good to hear a dissenting opinion. All the more you get a better view of things in coming up with a purchase decision. To me 9km/Li is not that bad considering the Civic's a/c is much cooler than the Mazda's.

Ive had the 2.0Li Mazda 3 with moon roof. All I can say is maintenance wise it's expensive. view of the dashboard of the civic is fine as I am 5'8" tall and I have no problems seeing. Even at a 2.0 engine, you will feel at first that mazda is an underpowered car for its weight. That's why it is best not to buy it now where you'll be stuck with it for the next 3 yrs.

For the honda FC I have friends who get 10-11 and those who get 8-9. This is extremely based on driving habits and the time you drive. Early birds usually end up with better FC numbers.

One thing to note about Mazda vs Honda is the power to weight ratio. Evidently a 1.6L engine carrying 1300kgs is too underpowered compared to a 1.8L engine carrying only 1205kgs.

Mazda is the best for single user drivers while Civic will have no problems carrying the family.

SRP for the Civic 1.8S is 899K while the 1.6V Mazda 3 is 864++k even at 20k discount for the mazda the extra 50k is well worth it (bawi mo yon sa resale). I'm predicting that depreciation for the 3 will be big when the 2010 mazda3 comes out. Perhaps old 2004 1.6 models will sell at 350k plus minus.

As for the AT shift shock and hard seats... Let's see how the MMC Civic for 2009 will address that. Most of the problems you mentioned can be fixed by casa if im not mistaken.

Nicely said. If you are driving alone or with 1 companion most of the time, then the Mazda 3 is a good choice. Got more than 20k discount, actually, much much more. So it was really a good deal.

MMC Civic will be interesting, and I hope they fix all the flaws that made its mark as a lemon car.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Para mas malito ka hahaha the wait for the 2010 Mazda 3 is rumored to be shorter. Baka mid 2009 na ito lumabas. Mauuna yung hatch according to this article.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...azda-3/234274/

But I'd like to emphasize, it is usually best to buy a new model car in its MID life cycle. So a 2006 Honda Civic is best bought in 2008-2009 (Tamo ung immobilizer standard na across all variants) While the new Mazda 3 2010 hmm mga late 2011 or early 2012.

It is important na maganda buying cycles mo rin para di ka masyado tamaan ng depreciation.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    thank you guys for all the enlightenment. It really helped and confused me at the same time. Anyway, i already got my Mazda3 1.6V in petrol red color last friday. Enjoying every minute i spend time with it. Driving never felt this liberating! Haha!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by amdg View Post
    thank you guys for all the enlightenment. It really helped and confused me at the same time. Anyway, i already got my Mazda3 1.6V in petrol red color last friday. Enjoying every minute i spend time with it. Driving never felt this liberating! Haha!

Congrats on your new ride..

Sarap ihataw ng mz3 lalo na in manual mode..very stable.. cant wait to get the CAI and turbo from speedlab..

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJazz View Post
    Congrats on your new ride..

Sarap ihataw ng mz3 lalo na in manual mode..very stable.. cant wait to get the CAI and turbo from speedlab..
    sweet! ur really gonna get the turbo + cai? expect around atleast 150-155whp if im not mistaken. :D thats gonna be a sweet ride. oh and pls join club mazda 3 at clubmazda3.org

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by amdg View Post

Congrats. Might want to turbo charge that with speedlab's turbokits and CAI

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Sir how much would it cost me for a turbo kit for my M3? Medyo kulang sa power pagdating dito sa baguio...

And does it affect the warranty of my unit when I install it?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badnewzkennel View Post
    Sir how much would it cost me for a turbo kit for my M3? Medyo kulang sa power pagdating dito sa baguio...

P150K at Speedlab.

Yup... it'll definitely void the warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by amdg

Re: Need help in buying a new Mazda 3
    Congratulations on your new ride. And you are driving an RP made vehicle (unlike the other so-called "manufacturers" out there) too. :D

bigbigcar.com First Drive: Hyundai Genesis V6

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by badnewzkennel View Post

Don't void your warranty muna. The best part is in 3 years there is more room to rediscover your mz3 because you will be able to turbo charge it. Yun nga lang pagtyagaan mo muna pagiging underpowered nya.

Ain't it a nice thing to look forward to that in 3 years you still get more performance out of your car and probably increase its resale value too.

Read the C! (august issue) magazine's article on how they turbo charged an AT MZ3 using Turbokits and CAI.

Mazda is the New Honda.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Wow! that is much for a working man like me...

Sir san po maganda palagay ng side skirts ng mazda? I look on some customize m3 on A-TOY website and they look very nice and the price and also nice...Is there any place that is cheaper? For sure this will not void the warranty,right?

My other concerns,does putting a muffler,HID (xenon bulbs) will void the warranty?

And I really love the new tail lights of M3, when i try to inquire sa GH sabi hindi daw compatible sa mga previous model ng M3...too bad!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast