New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 80 of 179 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Oooh, bummer. And are 2nd-hand OEM rims for the M2 available already?

Go for aftermarket rims! 16's, maybe. :D

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by thejonchoi View Post
    Oooh, bummer. And are 2nd-hand OEM rims for the M2 available already?

Go for aftermarket rims! 16's, maybe. :D
    won't that void the warranty?

may mga nagpalit na ng rims e! so baka meron nang secondhand... hehe.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I'm hoping there would be a review of the smaller engine 1.3 Mazda 2 M/T.

There's a Cool White display at the Alabang showroom, saw it this afternoon...

Call me crazy but I think I like it, except for the 14-inch steel rims with hubcaps.

Its looks pretty complete for city driving... I was surprised the stock horn was a POT-POT!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    During my first week with the car, I wanted to change the stock horn so bad. But after a while, it sorta grew on me. Quoting a local automotive review, it's a jaunty, vaguely French tootle. :D

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Hey guys, I have been noticing a few things happening as my m2 gets older through the months. Mine is already about 8 months old. But i noticed that I hear creaks somewhere at the front in my console, passenger door and the seats at the rear. I've noticed since day 1 that my m2 kinda gives this odor when you accelerate and change gears slowly. Kinda like strong alcohol smell. The weird thing is that I smell it from the airconditioning. And it gets stronger through the months. The dealership swears they checked it and there's nothing wrong. Gets to be frustrating. And that nasty thump when you hit a pothole. I think this is really a design flaw. Like all of you, my wipers also suffer the skip. And I think my height is not proportional on the left and right side. To add to that, My steering wheel got misaligned last month. got it re-aligned. only to notice that it's starting to misalign again. Take note, mazda makati has had 7 realignment jobs already with m2's. Is this really common for cars just roughly 6 months old?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by donthaveemail View Post
    Hey guys, I have been noticing a few things happening as my m2 gets older through the months. Mine is already about 8 months old. But i noticed that I hear creaks somewhere at the front in my console, passenger door and the seats at the rear. I've noticed since day 1 that my m2 kinda gives this odor when you accelerate and change gears slowly. Kinda like strong alcohol smell. The weird thing is that I smell it from the airconditioning. And it gets stronger through the months. The dealership swears they checked it and there's nothing wrong. Gets to be frustrating. And that nasty thump when you hit a pothole. I think this is really a design flaw. Like all of you, my wipers also suffer the skip. And I think my height is not proportional on the left and right side. To add to that, My steering wheel got misaligned last month. got it re-aligned. only to notice that it's starting to misalign again. Take note, mazda makati has had 7 realignment jobs already with m2's. Is this really common for cars just roughly 6 months old?
    There's a smell when accelerating sometimes due to the catalytic... more like rotten eggs than alcohol. Common on some cars, not on others. I've had some Hondas and Hyundais that do it... haven't heard of it from a Mazda yet.

The thump is normal. Design flaw just like the generation one Jazz, but it's not fatal... just annoying.

The alignment... don't know... sort of common with Mazdas with tight steering... the steering is responsive so it's easier to notice slight mis-alignment. Could also be your driving environment. If you hit enough bumps hard enough, it will come out of alignment.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    There's a smell when accelerating sometimes due to the catalytic... more like rotten eggs than alcohol. Common on some cars, not on others. I've had some Hondas and Hyundais that do it... haven't heard of it from a Mazda yet.

The thump is normal. Design flaw just like the generation one Jazz, but it's not fatal... just annoying.

The alignment... don't know... sort of common with Mazdas with tight steering... the steering is responsive so it's easier to notice slight mis-alignment. Could also be your driving environment. If you hit enough bumps hard enough, it will come out of alignment.
    *Niky: Thanks for the reply dude. Just a question though. I'm not a car buff, but isn't the catalytic converter supposed to convert car emissions? If so, is the smell hazardous? and why does it seep through the airconditioning?

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    this might be the source of the leak.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    won't that void the warranty?

may mga nagpalit na ng rims e! so baka meron nang secondhand... hehe.
    wala naman warranty sa suspension eh...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kenkoyski View Post
    wala naman warranty sa suspension eh...
    Correct! Suspension is considered as wear and tear parts...

Mazda2 [MERGED]