New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2005

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    as long as they produce LHD versions of the Mazda 2, Then it will be B-segment salvo with the Honda Jazz/City, Toyota Vios/Yaris and the rest...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    It would be Mazda 2 vs. Ford Fiesta vs. Honda Jazz vs. Toyota Yaris vs.
    Suzuki Swift in early 2010! I think Philippine hatchback market is too small
    for many competing hatchbacks.

How about the sedan version of Mazda 2? Are they gonna introduce it also? Is there any possibility Mazda 2(voted 2008 World Car of the Year, beating the likes of Audi, BMW, etc) sedan can dethrone the new City or take top 2 honors from vios?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I just hope they'll price all those cars competitively, if they wanted a wider market share, now-aways the prices is just absurd for it's class. -- IMO

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i think based on interior space and materials quality it won't stand a chance against the chance if they don't reduce its price.... fuel economy, performance and handling alone might not be enough to topple the Jazz.

also its sibling the Ford Fiesta has a much more attractive exterior style.... so it will be another competition.

anyway i hope they fit the MZR-CD (Turbo diesel) on this one to really make it an economy car.

================================================== ======
    Mazda 2
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...cf8cc17b213bac
    After much deliberating, our supermini has finally made it out of town!
    Auto Express Car ReviewsBy Julie SinclairSeptember 2009It's been my inner city companion for a few months now, with an impressive economy record that proves stop-start driving doesn’t need to break the bank.

But how would the Mazda 2 fare out on the open road? A rare month-long break from the office was the perfect chance for me to test the Japanese supermini’s mile-munching abilities. All I needed now was to decide where to take it…

In the end, the tarmac covered by the 2 on my road trips couldn’t have been more varied. First stop was the rolling landscape of the Yorkshire dales, and the journey up the M1 gave me my first proper excuse to get the city runaround out of third gear.

And I was delighted to discover that it’s actually here that it comes into its own. With a healthy 215Nm of torque the 2 never ran out of steam, and made light work of last-minute manoeuvring, steep hills and middle-lane hoggers. Better still, a tall top gear means that mechanical noise is kept to a minimum when cruising.

But it was the second leg of my trip – a four-hour drive down to Plymouth in Devon – that highlighted a rare flaw in the Mazda’s make-up. Despite the seats’ smart appearance, they don’t provide enough support on long journeys.

This was not far from the back of my mind as I set out on the most epic journey of my itinerary. I was off to the Lot et Garonne region of south-west France – some 700 miles away.

Never one to pack light, I was glad of the car’s surprisingly roomy boot – I filled it to capacity! Despite that, and the constant stop-starting at toll booths, the fuel economy only dipped slightly to 47.6mpg (down from 49.5mpg).

However, the long stretches of empty dual carriageway highlighted the lack of cruise control – it’s standard on petrol engine versions, but not even an option on the oil-burner.

Once off the smooth autoroutes, the region’s undulating roads provided another good test – this time of the car’s suspension. Big bumps and ruts highlighted the Sport’s stiff set-up, but the flowing corners allowed the sharp driving dynamics to shine.

And despite temperatures hitting 36o Celsius, the standard fit climate control system kept the cabin cool. I even managed to solve the comfort issues by wedging a small cushion in the base of the seat back.

All in, I’ve covered just under 3,000 miles in the last few weeks – enough distance to test for weaknesses in any car. And apart from the seats, the Mazda has been a great all-rounder, proving modern superminis are among the most versatile machines on the market. In fact I can’t wait for another chance to stretch the 2’s legs...

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...#ixzz0S07bDcLI
    Last edited by parakitoJDM; September 24th, 2009 at 02:53 PM.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    the mazda2 looks good in person... i saw a lot of them when i went to sg.

i find mazda cars not that photogenic, same goes to mz3 and mz6 hehe

by the way, here's AG4 post from the tsikot ford thread about mz2 and fiesta coming here

Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Info for the ASEAN Ford Fiesta and Mazda 2 I posted in the Fiesta thread...

Quote:
    Mazda Sales Thailand will launch the budget Mazda 2 in the fourth quarter and Ford Thailand to launch the Fiesta in the first quarter next year.
    - http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/...0News/2510935/

Translated in English...

Quote:
    "Fiesta will be launched simultaneously in the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand,"
    - http://www.otomotifnet.com/otoweb/in.../0/0/1/7/6338#

I compiled some online photos from Thailand...

Fiesta

-Ford APA

-autoincar

Mazda 2

-otomotifnet

-autoincar

Mazda2 coming this way?