New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I found someone selling his 2005 3.0 Tribute. Kindly advice yun gas consumption nya sa city driving. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MAYLES View Post
    I found someone selling his 2005 3.0 Tribute. Kindly advice yun gas consumption nya sa city driving. Thanks!
    Pag hi-way driving, very econimical dahil sa overdrive.
    But city-driving... mapapaiyak ka

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescibie View Post
    Pag hi-way driving, very econimical dahil sa overdrive.
    But city-driving... mapapaiyak ka
    Yeah, I agree. Hehe! But how economical is economical for you, jamescibie? The best I got on a Tribute/Escape V6 was about 8Km/L, but that was driving on California freeways. Here, parang hanggang 5Km/L yung mixed city/highway driving. And that's before you get excited with the responsive engine. Would've been better to have wider (than 215) tires tho.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks guy. I guess I'd have to give that up then. 95% city driving me, baka mapaiyak talaga. Will look around for 2.3L inline4 nalang tribute. Pag may lead kayo paki naman. Thanks again

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hello to all , just got my new tribute ( black ) v6 3.0 model. My first full tank gave me a 6.2kl/lt ( mix city and highway ) I guess medyo malakas pa sya ngayon dahil nasa break-in period pa. Hoping that this will improve as its mileage grows. But i must say ang ganda ng takbo nya. Been reading this tread for some months na at nakakabigay ng malaking tulong at inpormation. Hope you could have this tread alive and running so we can learn and share infos regarding our ride. cheerrss

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Congrats on your purchase frankclean. Buti may inabot ka pang 3.0 V6. I thought they already phased it out for the 2.3L.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka NOS (new old stock)...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Baka NOS (new old stock)...
    hahaha....that's what i told the mazda sales manager when i got my tribute 2.3 last year!

the outside of the car looks a bit, somewhat, like used It seems that it has been exposed to the sun & rain for quite some time already. But the inside is new naman.

i did complain it to them once or twice but i didnt bother anymore. sooner or later, it would look like that anyway. as long as it brings me around without giving me a headache, i will be a gentle customer to them

two things i like about this car: the suspension and the ability to accelerate and overtake with confidence. my brain is always having this "what if" i got the V6 instead? (Grrrr.... the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence! Must face reality....)

Anyway, after 7 months and around 7000+ kms, i think the fuel consumption has stabilized to around 7 km/li (in my style of driving and daily route).

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ok yun nasa dyaryo color green 2.3L 1.099M

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mazdamazda,
    Baka nga NOS ;)

mojojojo,
    pwede namang ipa-detail ang outside basta sariwa pa yung interiors. as regards the 2.3L vs 3.0L comparo, i think the power surplus is a novelty that'll wear off in time, especially in the face of fuel consumption ;)

oldblue,
    i dunno about you guys, but i prefer the pre-facelifted Tribby. There's something about this new one that I don't like.