New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i recently saw a truck carrying 3 mazda V6 tributes along the SLEX. i know it's the direct cousin of the escape, but it beats the escape in the looks department hands down ... plus, with a V6 engine, it should punce all opposition (except maybe the grand vitara) in the mini-SUV segment.

so, is mazda really back for good?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I hope so. competition is good!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka for export yung mga iyon... alam ko gumagawa ng V6 ford escapes and mazda tributes yung local Ford plant, but for export to other ASEAN markets... as with the Lynx...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Heading north or south? If north, maybe it is en route to the Manila Harbors to be shipped to other countries? Is the Escape made here? If it is, then since the Tribute is a twin of the Escape, it could be that Ford Philippines is making Tributes for other country's consumption.

EDIT: Oops.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maybe mazda wants to one-up ford for what the lynx did to the 323? (conspiracy theory lang po :D )

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    for export, maybe (heading north, night time, around 7ish) ... but i'm still hoping otherwise.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no conspiracy theory there. ford does own a big chunk of mazda, so it would be quite stupid to try to one-up itself.

the tribute is essentially the escape, except geared more for luxury instead of sportiness.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    saw it nung 29th, mga 230pm, kala ko imagination ko, it was heading north koz i was going to enchanted. mazda nga n i think u guys r right, its for export kc wala naman mazda dito so y wld they sell it here, pinatay lang ng ford sarili nila, might as well sell escape na v6 than tribune na v6, right...........:lol:

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    alam ko export nila sa thailand and indonesia un..

pero alam ko escape lang ung talgang ginagawa nila..

http://motioncars.com/autobuzz/articles23/ford_escape_export.html

gawa ako ng covert operation, papatid ako ng isang v6 tapos lagay ko sa escape ko..

harharhar..!*!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kiper18
    gawa ako ng covert operation, papatid ako ng isang v6 tapos lagay ko sa escape ko..
    ok sa operation! ala mission impossible!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
mazda tribute! here?