New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Mga sir, i would just like to know something. i got a 2005 mazda 3 2.0. when driving on hi-ways(edsa, katipunan) with very little traffic, i computed fuel consumption at about 13km/liter. on the other hand, if there's heavy traffic, as in bumper to bumber, i computed about 4.5km/liter. correct me if i'm wrong, this seems highly unusual. ang laki kasi ng difference.
    if you would ask; hindi naman mabigat paa ko sa gas. aircon ko at a minimum.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    guys newbie here... does anyone have the FC of the new mazda6? thanks!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex1000 View Post
    Mga sir, i would just like to know something. i got a 2005 mazda 3 2.0. when driving on hi-ways(edsa, katipunan) with very little traffic, i computed fuel consumption at about 13km/liter. on the other hand, if there's heavy traffic, as in bumper to bumber, i computed about 4.5km/liter. correct me if i'm wrong, this seems highly unusual. ang laki kasi ng difference.
    if you would ask; hindi naman mabigat paa ko sa gas. aircon ko at a minimum.
    Big question is... how short are the city trips you take? Trips of just 5 kms in rush hour traffic often give very low fuel economy.

Quote Originally Posted by logan21 View Post
    guys newbie here... does anyone have the FC of the new mazda6? thanks!
    About 10-12 on the highway. Around 7 in the city on light traffic... probably worse in rush hour.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    About 10-12 on the highway. Around 7 in the city on light traffic... probably worse in rush hour.

hmm that's pretty good for a 2.5L.. heard the mazda3 1.6 is doing 7-8km/l city drive. so konti lang diff nila? hehe thinking of getting a new mazda6 kc... also comparing it with the new galant.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    [quote=niky;1319747]Big question is... how short are the city trips you take? Trips of just 5 kms in rush hour traffic often give very low fuel economy.

I usually use the car to travel 4 blocks from home (ortigas center traffic). so, its a very low distance-travelling. probably you're right, driving the car in that distance tends to give poor fuel economy.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Mazda CX-9 2009 model. 4.1 km per liter. But in practical terms its a full tank for every 4 days of daily commuting to work for me. GULP ! (Q.C. to Makati). Time to load gas again.
    This is an example of excellent styling with a worst fuel consumption SUV

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Mazda CX-9 2009 model. 4.1 km per liter. But in practical terms its a full tank for every 4 days of daily commuting to work for me. GULP ! (Q.C. to Makati). Time to load gas again.
    I think your City driving FC is better than a local car magazine's Mazda CX-7 road trip recorded FC of only 5++ km/L from Manila to Subic, considering majority of the distance travelled are via expressways.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    wow 5 km / liter expressway driving? That cant be correct. Even an Expedition does better than that. But if true..... tsk tsk
    Combined City and Highway(Majority) as driven by Top Gear Philippines staff so I think you have a better City FC for Mazda CX-9!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    will post my first hand experience on the fuel economy of the CX-7 after my fuel tank goes to half level. so far, i gassed up full tank last wednesday, lots of city driving the past two days and the needle has not even moved yet. i made some initial posts on the fuel economy already but it is still too early to really make a definitive conclusion

i will be monitoring my CX-7's fuel economy both through the on board computer and the manual refilling and computation process

so far, compared to my diesel patrol, it is doing much better. in my patrol, at 50km travel, the fuel needle is down to about 7/8 already

just to add: my driving habits are -- no jackrabbit starts, staying in the lane, rarely overtakes, maintaining constant speed but no too slow either (it all depends on the moving traffic), overall courtesy on the road such as, but not limited to, respect for pedestrian lanes and pedestrians

Last edited by 111prez; November 27th, 2009 at 09:57 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lamborghinione View Post
    Combined City and Highway(Majority) as driven by Top Gear Philippines staff so I think you have a better City FC for Mazda CX-9!
    Ang lakas pala ng FC ng CX-7. We bought our unit last month and up to now we havent computed the consumption yet. Its not the habit of my dad.

Pero kakagulat ibig sabihin halos kapareho lang sila ng ford sport trac 2001 ko? whichi averages 4km/l on city. The most I can squeeze it out is 4.5 mixed driving.

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Mazda fuel Consumption Database