New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    2.3 M Php, Yikes! Lakas tumaga ng Phil. customs

Sarap talaga ng may turbo, iwan lahat ng kasabay mo sa stoplight.

Gas here in the US is 87, 89, and 91 lang. Sayang walang 93, 95, or 98. I talked with a Mazda Dealership Tech here and they don't recommend fuel additives, that is not unless I'm racing.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8twyt View Post

Gas here in the US is 87, 89, and 91 lang. Sayang walang 93, 95, or 98. I talked with a Mazda Dealership Tech here and they don't recommend fuel additives, that is not unless I'm racing.
    Sir ok lang naman magbayad ng tax PROVIDED makinis sana ang mga kalye natin tulad sa inyo problema nawawala sa corruption. Swerte nyo sticker price + tax lang dito magazine MSRP x 2 x 41 ang rough computation para matupad ang mga pangarap namin

Sunoco ata ang may high octane gas above 91. VP meron pero mahal na. Kaya pala kotse pagdating dito may tope malamang 87 lang kinarga ng kano Nakakabara ata ng catalytic converter ang mga fuel additives.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    How big is the CX-7?

Is it like the CRV or more like Santa Fe sized?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    How big is the CX-7?

Is it like the CRV or more like Santa Fe sized?
    Pajero, X5, Trooper, Cayenne sized

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Si 06, have you ordered your CX-7 yet?

Kasi I've recently been to the Mazda dealership and a friend of mine who works there said the 09 CX-7 will have some slight cosmetic changes. I'll try to get some photos.:kodak:

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005

Those ratings are the about the same as the ratings used in the Philippines is RON(Research Octane Number) and the US uses AKI(Anti-Knock Index). AKI is calculated by adding the RON rating to MON(Motor Octane Number), another octane rating, and dividing it by two. Typically the AKI is 4-5 points lower than the RON rating, so the 95 RON will be the same as 91 AKI. At the pump in the US you will see (R+M)/2 on the octane labels rating and in the Philippines you should see just RON.

What kind of mileage are you getting with the CX-7? I'm surprised that the EPA rating is the same as my 4.0L V6 on my Nissan truck. But it is a great car to drive when I tested it at a Mazda auto cross event.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Wow! That's good to know.

We took it for a 500+ mile one-way trip last year (Reno to Burbank) and used up about 1-1/4 tank of gas (around 20 gals.), so basically, it's an average of 25 mi. per gal. I never really cared about my mileage but according to reviews it's 19 city/ 24 highway which sounds just about right.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Si 06, have you ordered your CX-7 yet?

Kasi I've recently been to the Mazda dealership and a friend of mine who works there said the 09 CX-7 will have some slight cosmetic changes. I'll try to get some photos.:kodak:
    gr8twyt not yet but its still in my dream

I will have to wait for april for taxes to stabilize according to my importer. There are times the m3, evo x, and x6 comes to the picture making it more complicated with limited garage space.

The CX-7 and evo x are more practical choices but there are cars that make you loose your logic

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    I am one of those proud owner of a CX 7 here in Canada syempre pinoy. Performance wise, two thumbs up. Nasubukan ko na sa snow and everthing work just fine. Safety features of the vehicle really works. It's a 2.3, 4cyl. turbocharge all wheel drive. And syempre it got the zoom zoom zoom. I rercommend it to you guys there in Pinas. It also got the look where no other XUV do.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    so aabot dito sa pinas cx7 by next year? that's a good thing to know. kukumpletuhin na yata line up ng best sellers ng US hehehe. kaso nga lang yung engine turbocharged din kaya o underpowered ipapalit?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Mazda CX 7