New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    In case you don't know, Mazda is celebrating it's 100th anniversary!

Since we're all stuck somewhere with more free time than usual, here's a couple of links to check out:

Mazda celebrates 100 years

A small photo history of Mazda

I just download all four logos and hopefully make a sticker of it. I don't like putting stickers on a car and I never put one on any cars but I think I'll have an exception this time.
    [emoji3]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    history is mentioned here too lol

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    history is mentioned here too lol

Someone posted that link on the Mazda 6 forum but I didn't watch it. They were talking about Mazda sales and I already have an idea about it because the company went to "premium" or whatever it is called.
    [emoji3]

Hopefully, I get to watch it once I get home. That is, after the quarantine. If it will be extended... I don't want to think about it!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Someone posted that link on the Mazda 6 forum but I didn't watch it. They were talking about Mazda sales and I already have an idea about it because the company went to "premium" or whatever it is called.
    [emoji3]

Hopefully, I get to watch it once I get home. That is, after the quarantine. If it will be extended... I don't want to think about it!
    Kia sponsored this video pala. hahahah WTF

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    100 Years Of Mazda Cars In 1 Minute - YouTube

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    This is the problem with some and even most reviewers. They think they're speak truths in general. Alex on autos mentioned that the ride is balanced. Most Buyers considering a 7seater probably have kids, they want that suspension to soak in all that road imperfections.

Alex is even asking as to why its the worst selling in the USA. lol

Some reviewers like CarGuru's mentioned the ride being harsh and that it needed good roads. This alone tells me why the CX9 sells so badly.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    This alone tells me why the CX9 sells so badly.
    Mazda is a very small player & will never see sales like the big mainstream brands. What they're doing is giving an alternative...NonCVT, good drive dynamics, attempt at premium, NA engines. Options are healthy. Good reliable products & we're pretty happy w/ our kodos.
    The CX9 sales in the US has been consistent. Locally, the expectations have pretty much been hit. It'll never catch the 5, but they're ok where they are on those segments. The compacts, however, are a different story. Hard times for lil cars. Crossover era is here....Good thing Toyota is in w/ them now.
    Can't help but smell the animosity or hate, stock sir...Why so, if I might ask?[emoji848][emoji4]

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Mazda is a very small player & will never see sales like the big mainstream brands. What they're doing is giving an alternative...NonCVT, good drive dynamics, attempt at premium, NA engines. Options are healthy. Good reliable products & we're pretty happy w/ our kodos.
    The CX9 sales in the US has been consistent. Locally, the expectations have pretty much been hit. It'll never catch the 5, but they're ok where they are on those segments. The compacts, however, are a different story. Hard times for lil cars. Crossover era is here....Good thing Toyota is in w/ them now.
    Can't help but smell the animosity or hate, stock sir...Why so, if I might ask?[emoji848][emoji4]

you hit on cvts, why can't we discuss the poorly selling cx9's harsh ride.

sure its niche but alex is also wondering why selling poorly lol..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015

Oh, you can discuss anything, stock sir.[emoji4] What the badges do w/ their products & how they react to market reaction are up to them. On ride, generally the Americans like em boaty. Those across their eastern pond, firm & connected...my preference, too.
    I'm just here like everyone...sharing & learning. And my narrow view on CVTs.... the way they're designed? It's phobia, sir, not hate.[emoji4]

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006

You mean Alex on Autos? I think he said the CX-9 is cramped for its size in comparison to its competitors. The CX-5 sells well in comparison because it hits the sweet spot on what Americans look for in that segment.

Oh wait. It's not Alex on Autos. It's Redline Reviews with what's his face. Sofyan Bey

What Happened to Mazda Sales in 219? - YouTube
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 6th, 2020 at 04:17 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast