New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 209 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    hi guys!

good thing na this thread is alive and kicking! i've been looking for some local peeps who have the same b-series pick up!

i have a late 89 b2200. it has been with our family ever since and has maxed its odometer twice! it has traveled from luzon to visayas before when my mom's crafts business was still up. it has had it's engine replaced already too. having gone through, literally, thousands of kms, it's body is really rusted and beat up. i'm probably going to have it stripped and restored when the time permits.

as for some concerns regarding park lights and other trinket aesthetic exterior parts, there's this shop along taft that we go to ever since francisco motors closed that have these available. DynaACE is the shop's name. if ever they don't have the part you are looking for the guys will be happy to find them for you.

as of now, i'm planning to upgrade the rf engine to a wl-t one. my problem is the transmission, since all surplus engines only come with automatics and i really opt for the manual. and the b2200's tranny will not fit with it. does any one here know where to source a manual tranny from a b2500? or is anyone planning to sell their b2500's transmission?

also, do u guys think that there's a possible rear axle swap i can do, one that has an lsd, that will be compatible with the said transmission regardless of make?

tia guys! and long live the b-series!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by duskylim View Post
    Dear rna800:

Sir, just to make sure, dalhin mo sya sa shop o garahe ng gasolinahan na may LIFTER at ipa-lift mo. That way makikita mo mismo kung sa flexible pipe o ibang parte ng tambusto sya galing.

If not, well condolences pre, kung injection pump sya tulad ng sinabi ng mekaniko mo mabigat ang problema mo.

If it does indeed turn out to be the flexible pipe, just go to banawe st, and buy the brand-new one for the Hyundai Starex, exactly the same diameter, (2 inch - I.D. - internal diameter) but about 2 inches longer at 8 inches of flexible section - just needs a little adjustment during the fit.

Bro, I already brought my truck to my trusted shop since I felt that the brakes got weaker too on top of the sound problem that I have been hearing since. I left my truck there for 2 days and all the problems, fingers crossed, are gone.

For the rattling sound at start up, he found that there are two loosen screws that he just tightened. Those screws bolt the exhaust to the engine, I think. He suspects that Mufflerland didn't really tighten that.

The leaking issue under the passenger back side area, when he put it in the lifter, he said that he couldn't find a single part there that leaks. He is just clueless as to where that stain that I said in my parking area came from. The thing is my cars have their own designated parking areas and almost all the time, they are parked the same way so it's so easy to see if there are any leaks. But he said he couldn't find any. For 2 days that he couldn't find any, I don't know where did that come from either.

The repairs that he did were he replaced the brake pads, brake shoes and refaced the brake drum. Everything is good again.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by duskylim View Post
    Dear rna800:

Sir, just to make sure, dalhin mo sya sa shop o garahe ng gasolinahan na may LIFTER at ipa-lift mo. That way makikita mo mismo kung sa flexible pipe o ibang parte ng tambusto sya galing.

If not, well condolences pre, kung injection pump sya tulad ng sinabi ng mekaniko mo mabigat ang problema mo.

If it does indeed turn out to be the flexible pipe, just go to banawe st, and buy the brand-new one for the Hyundai Starex, exactly the same diameter, (2 inch - I.D. - internal diameter) but about 2 inches longer at 8 inches of flexible section - just needs a little adjustment during the fit.

Bro, I already brought my truck to my trusted shop since I felt that the brakes got weaker too on top of the sound problem that I have been hearing since. I left my truck there for 2 days and all the problems, fingers crossed, are gone.

For the rattling sound at start up, he found that there are two loosen screws that he just tightened. Those screws bolt the exhaust to the engine, I think. He suspects that Mufflerland didn't really tighten that.

The leaking issue under the passenger back side area, when he put it in the lifter, he said that he couldn't find a single part there that leaks. He is just clueless as to where that stain that I said in my parking area came from. The thing is my cars have their own designated parking areas and almost all the time, they are parked the same way so it's so easy to see if there are any leaks. But he said he couldn't find any. For 2 days that he couldn't find any, I don't know where did that come from either.

The repairs that he did were he replaced the brake pads, brake shoes and refaced the brake drum. Everything is good again.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear rna800:

Its good to hear na ayos na ang pickup mo! Hoping that there will be no more problems (knock on wood). Keep on trucking!

Dear cbgavin:

I also haven't been able to find WLT-31's with the manual transmission. As far as I am aware, the only possible sources are older Mazda B2500's or Ford Rangers.

I think that the local Ford Everest (which also has a WLT-31 on it and is made in Thailand) only comes with an automatic (though I'm not sure).

Important Note: the latest Ranger and Everest models (2007 and up) also come with a 3.0 liter, common-rail, direct-injection (CRDi), variable-geometry (VG), turbo-diesel engine (Duratorq model), so if you can wait a little longer, you may be able to get your hands on a real monster!

I have less of a problem as B2500 ang pickup ko. Meron na akong 5-speed manual tranny.

As a last resort you can bring it to an experienced shop and try to have a tranny modified to fit it.

In these cases I recommend getting a Toyota truck transmission unit as they are usually very reliable and relatively inexpensive.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

PS: A high-performance fueling kit for the B2200 and B2500 is now available! Inquiries are welcome. Just PS me.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    dear cbgavin..

bro..saan banda ung dynaace sa taft..dun ba sa may mga auto parts malapit sa pasay rotonda un? and alam mo ba how much ung clear na halogen na headlights dun and ung park lights..and if meron sila ibang design na lights dun..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    yup dun un bro. the clear lenses will depend whether you get the taiwan or china made one. i suggest going for the taiwan made ones. I'm not sure how much these lenses are now a days though.

btw dyna ace is the shop closest to the small caltex station along taft in that area.

* duskylim

i know what you mean! although i do envy your tranny, the only engine that can fit on it is the WL or WL-T. As for the 3.0 crdi engine you are referring to, the WE, i think, the tranny issue is again present. Although no one of the surplus shops i go to carry these engineering gems as of yet, i think that that elusive manual tranny equipped one will be as scarce as the WL.

But in case you do hear someone or a shop that has it do inform me!

And have you seen a toyota tranny fitting on to a WL engine?? If it does what specific tranny from which engine does it come from??

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear cbgavin:

To be frank wala pa akong nakitang nag-adapt ng Toyota transmission for the WL-series of engines, but I do not doubt that it is possible to have them swapped in.

I recommended the Toyota transmissions because of my experience with our own 1995-1996 HiLux. Its really old, but reliable and unlike the Mazda is easy to shift.

Sorry for the mix-up.

Regards,

Dusky Lim

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Mga bosing, baka pwedeng magpa-advise? Balak naming bumili ng 2nd hand B2200/B2500 (depende sa budget) for our farming business. Ano ang masasabi niyo in terms of performance, durability, and maintenance cost? Thanks a lot!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear jjmd3_787:

I have a 1998 Mazda B2500 that I got from Francisco Motors as a prototype vechicle (assembled in Japan not locally).

In terms of performance, comparing it to similar naturally-aspirated (non-turbo) diesel pickups of its time, masasabi ko na kapag well-maintained siya its definitely in the upper half in terms of power and performance, especially if you know a few tuning tricks with the motor.

I consistently get 11-12 km/liter in the city, driving it from Fairview to Binondo twice a week, the rest around QC. Kahit puro hataw ako sa traffic it doesn't go below 10 km/liter. Fuel economy is even better on the highway, I average 13-14 km/liter if I keep it around 100 kph going to Baguio or Dagupan.

Sa durability well, I used it for 2 years to haul cement, soil, lumber and rebar steel etc. when our house was being renovated, at wala naman akong complaints, its bed could be filled to the brim with soil or cement bags at dapang-dapa na ang leaf-springs (muelle) and still it hauled everything around without problems or repairs.

Sa maintenance cost, well I've had several cars as well as pickups over the years and I can tell you that it shares most chassis and suspension components with the B2200 which makes the parts relatively inexpensive (cheap!). You just have to take care of the engine and be religious in replacing your oil, and all your filters and fluids (clutch, brake, gear and differential) and you'll be fine.

Since you're buying second-hand a lot will depend upon the care given by the previous owner. There's the rub. If your not that familiar with cars bring along a good mechanic when you check it out.

I have driven, but never owned a B2200, and from my experience when it comes to the driving they are very similar to the B2500 but mas mahina talaga ang makina.

I don't have any experience with the B2200 motor so I can't give any advice there.

By the way we also have a 1996 Toyota HiLux 2.4 diesel. Comparing it to the Mazda, I can say that its much more of a practical work truck. Its smaller outside, but roomier inside!

Mas matigas ang suspension nya but its more controllable, comfortable and stable especially if you load it up with 2-3 sacks of rice! Hindi sya kasing tulin pero malakas din sya humatak.

Wala akong masabing masama sa kanya except for an alternator tension belt that's almost impossible to adjust, and the fact na iba ang parts nya kaysa locally-assembled na HiLux (also imported by the dealer, as a prototype - 1st batch pati battery nya Japan).

Compared to the HiLux the B2500 is much more car-like, mas malambot ang suspension nya and there's a lot more padding. But the Toyota is definitely the more 'classic' pickup.

Good Luck with the hunt!

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Thanks a lot sir duskylim for the infos. Point well taken!