New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I'm curious cuz I think its a nice 7-seater that doesnt have to be an AUV, SUV, or oversized van. Ok ren sana pang everyday car since its compact enough especially if you have a family na.

Just wondering why local Mazda isn't selling it here yet.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Word was the regional production hub for the MZ5 was supposed to be in Indonesia.

Then we can either import CBU units from them or get CKD packs from them.

Unfortunately, hanggang ngayon, wala pa ring response.

Don't know when.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    baka no plans yet or mahina ang market ... same with the mazda6 v6 ...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I'd rather want the CX-7 he he he

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I'm curious cuz I think its a nice 7-seater that doesnt have to be an AUV, SUV, or oversized van. Ok ren sana pang everyday car since its compact enough especially if you have a family na.

Just a correction it's a 6 seater not a 7 seater.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post

Well, given that the Mazda 3 isn't offered with the right gearbox since its launch, I don't see other models here in the near future.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Just a correction it's a 6 seater not a 7 seater.
    Depends on who's counting. Here in the Philippines, the Kia Pride (Ford Festiva) isn't a four seater, it's a nine-seater. (as long as you're okay with sitting in someone's lap... )

But seeing the elbow room on the Carens, which is supposedly a six seater and a bit smaller (supposedly) than the 5, I'd say the Mazda5 could probably seat seven Pinoy-size passengers.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sana. Pero mukhang malabo. Mazda Phils hasn't introduced a new vehicle in about over a year (if you consider the Mazda 6 2.3L new). Correct me if I'm wrong tho.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Also, the market for small vans isn't that big considering the models Toyota has to offer, unless Mazda can price the 5 competitively.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Depends on who's counting. Here in the Philippines, the Kia Pride (Ford Festiva) isn't a four seater, it's a nine-seater. (as long as you're okay with sitting in someone's lap... )

But seeing the elbow room on the Carens, which is supposedly a six seater and a bit smaller (supposedly) than the 5, I'd say the Mazda5 could probably seat seven Pinoy-size passengers.
    The middle row are captains chairs and the 3rd row can only seat 2 people so unless they will do a interior redesign just for the RP market, which is highly unlikely given the cost and number of units that will be sold, then it's just a 6 seater. See the website for the interior pics of the Mazda 5.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/disp...ehicleCode=MZ5

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
is the Mazda 5 going to be sold here?