New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Oh, I see where the problem is... The Asian Mazda5 (why aren't we getting it here, if it's available in the region?) has an occassional seat between the 2nd row chairs.

In the US, apparently, they don't have the seat, but I don't blame them, I can't picture a 200 pound adult sitting on that thing... actually, I can't imagine putting my kid there, either... doesn't look like it has a safety belt or whiplash protection.

Probably best to call it 6+1, then...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    There was a gray market brand new white Mazda 5 on display kanina sa Virra Mall lobby by Standout Motors. Kaso, sobrang nagmamadali ako kanina, just took a quick glance. There were a lot of people making a beeline to hop into the unit and harassing the agent/s. I had no time to inquire/scrutinize it. Based on my initial survey, it looks kinda small and from my vantage point, the 2nd row looked like a bench type seat. Balikan ko this weekend, kung nandun pa.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Mini minivans like the Mazda 5 are all the rage in Japan although strangely enough, I didn't see a single Mazda 5, at least up north.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 30th, 2007 at 10:50 PM.

mazda 5 is available here courtesy of the gray importer in e. rodriguez(forgot the name!) servicable by our local mazda but no warranty, and costs much higher sa mazda 6.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Mini minivans like the Mazda 5 are all the rage in Japan although strangely enough, I didn't see a single Mazda 5, at least up north.
    Microminivan?

Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    mazda 5 is available here courtesy of the gray importer in e. rodriguez(forgot the name!) servicable by our local mazda but no warranty, and costs much higher sa mazda 6.
    Yup, that's it. Standout Motors.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    yup, kita ko rin yan sa greenhills kahapon sa vmall.. medyo maliit nga for a 7 seater, parang masikip nga ang 2nd and 3rd row.. tpos binigyan nga ako nung agents ng list ng other cars sa Stand out motors sa erod, may evo 9, fj cruiser, etc. mostly imported..

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Saw it last night. parang Avanza-size.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    If they are selling it and more than the Mazda 6 then I wouldn't suggest getting it. The original selling price of a Mazda 5 tops out at about $22K here in the US and with negotiation you can even drop it to $20K. The 6 on the other hand AFAIK starts at about $20K for a base model which you probably won't find anywhere. The pricing alone tells you where the 5 stands in the model line of Mazda.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    If they are selling it and more than the Mazda 6 then I wouldn't suggest getting it. The original selling price of a Mazda 5 tops out at about $22K here in the US and with negotiation you can even drop it to $20K. The 6 on the other hand AFAIK starts at about $20K for a base model which you probably won't find anywhere. The pricing alone tells you where the 5 stands in the model line of Mazda.

tama ka dyan bro...

got my Touring Mazda5 for a little less than $20K... tatlong dealers pa pinuntahan ko tapos pinag-sabong ko yun mga presyo nila .

as far as the size of the 5 is concerned, hindi naman sya kino-consider ng mazda na pantapat sa odyssey or sienna. it was positioned to fill the gap between these bulky people haulers and sporty four door sedans hence the size and the handling. its actually perfect for me, the wife and our two-year old.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i hope they can bring it in. price it better than what they did with their MPV before.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
is the Mazda 5 going to be sold here?