New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Good day everyone! I just want to ask if anybody experienced this, while the engine is running/idle then you opened the oil cap ay may tumatalsik na langis? My fuel consumption is good and no black smoke or what so ever from the exhaust. Is it normal or do you guys also experienced this? Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    why in the world did you do that? nevermind if may tatalksik na langis or not.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I did it because some said that you can see if the compression state of your engine is ok or not. Anyway, thank you for your reply.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, you open the oil cap... guess what? There's a pair of camshafts and rocker arms in there moving at 800 revolutions per minute... that's over ten pumping motions per second... that are continuously being sprayed with oil. Having a little bit spit out of the oil cap when you take it off is normal. Having a lot maybe, maybe not, it actually depends on the specific design of the engine.

The real test is whether there's a great build-up of pressure if you put your had over the hole where the oil cap goes. If there's a lot of pressure, either you have a compression issue or a positive crankcase ventilation valve issue... but oil spitting by itself does not really mean anything.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Thank you very much for the information.

Question about mazda3 1.6 engine