New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 448 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jbertz24 View Post
    Skyactiv R sedan, sir. Aluminum metallic. Loving the color. :-)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Wow...that's the fave color of our good Samaritan, Geo_S here....that's the color I chose, too. Grats, sir!!!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Wow...that's the fave color of our good Samaritan, Geo_S here....that's the color I chose, too. Grats, sir!!!
    Thank you, sir! BTW, do you know where to get accessories?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010

Check out lamson if fb, or join the Mazda 3 Skyactive Club Ph in facebook. Makakatiempo ka ng good deals dun!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    Check out lamson if fb, or join the Mazda 3 Skyactive Club Ph in facebook. Makakatiempo ka ng good deals dun!
    +1

What are you planning? There's an old guide here....
    2014 Mazda 3
    Skip the chip, Skyactivs react poorly to piggybacks.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Planning to get a present for yourself & your 1.5 or 2.0 hatch?
    The sought-after & proven Racing Beat Hatch Axleback Exhaust is currently on Christmas offer at pre-increase price. Limited stocks left. Fits '14-'16 & Facelift '17 hatches.

On a Mown3r's 2.0Speed

On a Mown3r's hobo 1.5:

-No welds. No cuts. No clamps. Just 2 bolts & 4 stock hangers. No adjustments on alignment.
    -DIYable. Precision bolt-on kit. Installs in minutes w/o need of jacking nor lifting. .
    -Visible dual 4" tips & exhaust body
    -No weight penalty
    -No drone, no vibrations, only deep, sweet & low exhaust note.
    Racing Beat Skyactiv 2.0L Mazda 3 Axle-back Exhaust - YouTube
    -Performance gains as seen on this 2.0 dyno chart:

-Top notch quality & precision as these are...

For more details, please email
    satravajante*gmail.com
    A blessed Christmas!!!!
    RB History...

"Racing Beat's founding duo, Jim Mederer and Takayuki Oku, began modifying and building rotary engines for racing applications back in 1972. It was odd pairing of an American automotive engineer meeting up with a Japanese racer that brought these two unlikely partners together. Together, many early successes came while building engines for dirt track midget cars, IMSA R/S class RX-2's , Car and Driver Magazine's Bonneville RX-4, and Racing Beat's RX-3 NHRA drag car.

Needing a way to finance these projects, newly formed Racing Beat developed and offered a new line of rotary engine performance products. Not all engine development projects were racing applications, some of the more interesting projects in the next few years included a mechanically supercharged rotary engine, a single-rotor experimental engine for NASA, a 4-rotor prototype racing engine, a turbocharged self-contained industrial engine for seismic drilling, and a government-sponsored 1000HP aircraft engine for use in short airstrip takeoffs.

Racing Beat built several RX-7s for land speed record attempts both at El Mirage Dry Lake Bed in CA, and the Bonneville Speedway in Utah, Nevada. Three different Racing Beat RX-7s set new land speed records over a 25-year span. An ill-fated attempt in 1993 resulted in a harrowing airborne ride for car designer/driver Jim Mederer at speeds approaching 220mph! The car was repaired and in 1995 returned to the salt flats and established a new land speed record of 242.005 MPH. As a testament to the extraordinary accomplishments of the Racing Beat RX-7 race vehicles, these land speed records have stood the test of time for over 30+ years!

While going fast in a straight line was a thrill, road racing was Jim Mederer's true passion. Racing Beat-built RX-7s dominated the 1980 IMSA GTU season, winning 8-of-12 races and capturing the class championship. Returning to run only endurance races in 1983, the Racing Beat RX-7 won GTO class events at the 24-Hours of Daytona and at the Mosport 6-Hour Endurance race.

In the 1990's, Racing Beat concentrated their efforts on developing racing and performance products for the newly introduced Miata. Racing Beat's Miata was featured in Motor Trend Magazine and established several new handling records, all with Racing Beat's bolt-on performance parts! In 2000 Racing Beat was invited to join*Car and Driver Magazine for a tuner show-off, which highlighted our high-developed 1999 Miata. This project then led to a similar feature article with now-defunct Sport Compact Car Magazine; where the Racing Beat Miata set an all-time skid pad record of 1.1g during testing.

In 2008 Racing Beat was selected by Mazda USA to build and test a 20B 3-rotor engine for use in Mazda's futuristic*Furai concept vehicle. This concept car thrilled journalists and legions of web viewers with its display of impressive looks and exotic rotary sounds. Sadly, the Furai's demise came during the filming of Top Gear when it*caught fire and was destroyed.

The 2000's continued an era of developmental work with continued involvement with the Miata MX-5 platform and newly introduced RX-8 rotary application. By now the Racing Beat was in full production mode with new products also being introduced for the Mazda/Racing Beat co-branded Protege MP3. A decision was made to sponsor multi-year National Solo Champion Jeff Kiesel in the 2011 KFR/Goodyear Tire/Racing Beat Rotary Turbo Sprite in the SCCA Pro Solo class.

The 2010's continued with further advancement in R&D and manufacturing. Racing Beat worked again with Mazda USA to develop and produce the exhaust systems on two SEMA-bound CX-5 show cars. This project was the starting point for a line of Racing Beat exhaust systems for both the Mazda3 and CX-5 Skyactiv applications. In 2013 Racing Beat installed a 2004 Renesis rotary engine and transmission into a MOTEC-sponsored rotary-pickup project vehicle. Fitted with the latest engine management system and components from MOTEC and a fully-customized exhaust system by Racing Beat, this 70's era classic received a stunning classic upgrade!

Next, Racing Beat partnered with Mazda USA on the development of exhaust systems of three all-new 2014 Mazda 6 and Mazda 3 vehicles bound for the Las Vegas SEMA show. In 2015 Racing Beat teamed up with Mazda USA and the University of California-Irvine (UCI)*Advanced Power and Energy Program*on a joint project to develop a Distributive Generation/Combined Heat and Power (DG/CHP) system, essentially a small natural gas powered Renesis rotary-engine generator system with waste heat recovery benefits."

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Racing Beat's 1986 244+mph RX7...quicker than a Concorde SST at liftoff.

More RB history here.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015

8. Join Date
    Dec 2016
    I was not able to test drive a unit po kasi so I really would want user feedbacks. A dealer is giving me hefty discount since it's an inventory unit. And based on what you're saying, i think I'm going to be part of the club.

If you don't mind my asking, which dealer is this? I'm currently in the market for a compact vehicle, and after months of research, I've zeroed in on the all new mazda 3 hatch. Would also appreciate getting feedback on Mazda's after-sales service. I'm a Honda car owner and, so far, the maintenance work and overall customer experience is good. If there's anything holding me back from considering other vehicle brands, it would be this particular factor. Honda really delivers on its after-sales service.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish87 View Post
    If you don't mind my asking, which dealer is this? I'm currently in the market for a compact vehicle, and after months of research, I've zeroed in on the all new mazda 3 hatch. Would also appreciate getting feedback on Mazda's after-sales service. I'm a Honda car owner and, so far, the maintenance work and overall customer experience is good. If there's anything holding me back from considering other vehicle brands, it would be this particular factor. Honda really delivers on its after-sales service.
    pm sent.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish87 View Post
    For the first 3 years/30,000km its free PMS. So far Mazda Phils is ok for me. My concern however is if some not so common part fails even if its within warranty. Unlike Toyota, Mitsubishi or even Honda, the nearest Mazda factory is in Thailand, China and Japan. If Mazda does not have the parts in store it could take weeks for it to arrive.