New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 179 of 448 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 4472
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Latest update from a Mown3r of a 2017 Mazda3 Speed HB. The most glaring issue is with the Motolite replacement EFB acid leakage. Quick tip: always do a weekly checkup on battery leaks!

Overall the Mown3r seems to be happy with the M3's engine performance and fuel efficiency.

The article also mentioned about the "visible" engine hood insulation that can be bought separately:

217 Mazda3 Speed: Long Term Test Update # 4 | Philippine Car News, Car Reviews, and Prices | ************

Best part of the article for me - "Out of Pocket Expense: NONE".
    I'm interested in an engine hood insulation for the 2018 Mazda 3 R.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Latest update from a Mown3r of a 2017 Mazda3 Speed HB. The most glaring issue is with the Motolite replacement EFB acid leakage. Quick tip: always do a weekly checkup on battery leaks!

Overall the Mown3r seems to be happy with the M3's engine performance and fuel efficiency.

The article also mentioned about the "visible" engine hood insulation that can be bought separately:

217 Mazda3 Speed: Long Term Test Update # 4 | Philippine Car News, Car Reviews, and Prices | ************
    Sadly my mazda 3 has 2 major issues.
    One is the suspension. Lately been hearing knocking sounds when going through humps or uneven pavement.
    Another is the incomplete folding/unfolding of both Left and right side mirror.
    As evidenced by the videos...

https://youtu.be/gtR5ExNvtTg

https://youtu.be/XwkSHCjb9Ps

3. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_pido View Post
    One is the suspension. Lately been hearing knocking sounds when going through humps or uneven pavement.
    I occasionally hear a slight knock sound when going through some speed bumps especially those steep ones. I'm planning to have this checked on my next 6 month pms. On bumpy and uneven roads, so far I don't hear this noise. I've driven my M3 for about 1500km so far.

As for your M3's folded side mirror, that's indeed an issue. That should be covered by Yojin warranty afaik.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I occasionally hear a slight knock sound when going through some speed bumps especially those steep ones. I'm planning to have this checked on my next 6 month pms. On bumpy and uneven roads, so far I don't hear this noise. I've driven my M3 for about 1500km so far.

As for your M3's folded side mirror, that's indeed an issue. That should be covered by Yojin warranty afaik.
    Mazda uses high durometer rigid strutmounts in pursuit of a more direct road feel. Random noises can be its side effect. Good thing, suspension noises aren't difficult to hunt down.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_pido View Post

Mazda 3 2017 suspension issue - YouTube

Mazda 3 side mirror issue - YouTube
    For your sidemirrors these should still be under warranty - experienced a warranty claim with our M6 no questions asked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Sep 2017

Sent from my CPH1723 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Noob question, is it safe to wash 2018 m3 engine? I mean do I need to cover something?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Shark View Post
    Noob question, is it safe to wash 2018 m3 engine? I mean do I need to cover something?

The engine can generally tolerate washes, but I never do that. Dust does less harm than water here.[emoji4]
    If you really have to, cover the intake, the alternator(it's open. Some internal parts can corrode) & the ECU(though sealed, don't take chances). Dry everything up w/ compressed air after.
    Best approach is to regularly detail the engine w/o washing.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Avoid engine wash ... will cost more if something gets fried ...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    The engine can generally tolerate washes, but I never do that. Dust does less harm than water here.[emoji4]
    If you really have to, cover the intake, the alternator(it's open. Some internal parts can corrode) & the ECU(though sealed, don't take chances). Dry everything up w/ compressed air after.
    Best approach is to regularly detail the engine w/o washing.

We just use an air blower to blow out the dusty areas, and just use a used cloth to wipe off the dirty areas.