New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    The reason I see why they sell the old model at 2.2m was because of the PHRT. Though it's still overprice XD

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    thanks to the brz/86, mazda was forced to sell it at that price. kung di dumating brz/86 i be they'll still sell it above 2m.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

thanks to the brz/86, mazda was forced to sell it at that price. kung di dumating brz/86 i be they'll still sell it above 2m.
    Di naman siguro. They priced the 25th Anniv NC Miata at 1.8M inclusive of Yojin3 and the premium on the Soul Red color last year.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by germs View Post
    Di naman siguro. They priced the 25th Anniv NC Miata at 1.8M inclusive of Yojin3 and the premium on the Soul Red color last year.
    late 2012 dumating 86/brz kaya na pilitan na sila ibaba yung price ng 25th anniv miata. from there i knew there's a huge chance that the new miata will be priced almost the same since only hard core miata fans will buy one for more than 2m.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    late 2012 dumating 86/brz kaya na pilitan na sila ibaba yung price ng 25th anniv miata. from there i knew there's a huge chance that the new miata will be priced almost the same since only hard core miata fans will buy one for more than 2m.
    Ah, but have you forgotten that the distributors of the 2.2M Miata and the 1.8M 25th Anniv are different? Hehe

Ah, but have you forgotten that the distributors of the 2.2M Miata and the 1.8M 25th Anniv are different? Hehe

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Miata is a toy

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    so our group was invited to the test drive at bgc yesterday. all i can say is wow.

here's my pro's and con's on it against the brz/86

pro's
    - faster on sharp turns and low speed turns
    - gearing is perfect
    - very light, you can really feel the difference as soon as you take a fast turn.

con's
    - body roll
    - handbrake is a bit hard to reach
    - very cramped interior space
    - clutch is pretty high for a sports car

bottomline
    it's a serious contender against the brz/86. drag racing you can't tell the difference but i'd say the mx-5 is a bit faster because it has better tires, but if the 86/brz and mx-5 has the same tires i'd say that the brz/86 would out perform the mx-5 in every way. it's basically a toy car since it's very cramped and there is basically no luggage space. anyway thinking of buying one for track use.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Nice one foresterx. I also really like it but sadly its a manual and while i cut my teeth on manuals, i really cant stand them for city use.

It beat the brz by 2 seconds in identical conditions in willow springs. Its also faster 0-60 and in the quarter mile. I saw a video comparo somewhere in autoblog.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Nice one foresterx. I also really like it but sadly its a manual and while i cut my teeth on manuals, i really cant stand them for city use.

It beat the brz by 2 seconds in identical conditions in willow springs. Its also faster 0-60 and in the quarter mile. I saw a video comparo somewhere in autoblog.
    available din matic locally but the difference in performance of the matic and manual is huge.

like i said i think the only reason the mx-5 is faster is because of it's tires. equip both cars with the same tires and i can guarantee that the outcome would be different. nag tipid kasi toyobaru sa tires ng brz/86 kinabit pang prius pero kung performance tires ang ilagay nila mas magiging ok talaga. kung equipped with same tires tingin ko magiging advantage lang ng mx-5 is tight corners pero around the track mahihirapan talunin brz/86.

anyway baka this weekend our group will be able to compare both since one of our members got an mx-5. both will be equipped with stock tires then re-11's.

Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post

available din matic locally but the difference in performance of the matic and manual is huge.

like i said i think the only reason the mx-5 is faster is because of it's tires. equip both cars with the same tires and i can guarantee that the outcome would be different. nag tipid kasi toyobaru sa tires ng brz/86 kinabit pang prius pero kung performance tires ang ilagay nila mas magiging ok talaga. kung equipped with same tires tingin ko magiging advantage lang ng mx-5 is tight corners pero around the track mahihirapan talunin brz/86.

anyway baka this weekend our group will be able to compare both since one of our members got an mx-5. both will be equipped with stock tires then re-11's.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008

How huge is the difference in performance?like how?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by T|tan View Post
    How huge is the difference in performance?like how?
    not sure about the specs in paper if there are any difference but once you drive it the response of the a/t miata is far from the m/t version. mahina hatak ng a/t and the throttle response sucks.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast