New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 236 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    850k for the top of the line 1.5 SkyActiv would be good enough for me. Still cheaper than the Fiesta Ecoboost or Jazz 1.5 VX, but definitely looks better and most likely gonna be more fun to drive.

Most likely it's not as spacious as the Jazz, but as long as it beats the Fiesta, that should be sufficient for yuppies. Hopefully it comes with a 6AT too, same as the Mz3's (which is very responsive).

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Somehow I got the feeling this will also break the 900k mark.. ;(

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    I am unsure how they can really sell the new Mazda 2 here.

In order to lower the price, they would really need to remove the MID and just put in a radio like on the basic models of the Mazda 3 in the US.

Just from a mechanical standpoint, the Mazda 2 would be identical to the Mazda 3 1.5 already, even without i-eloop and i-start, it still looking like around 900k price point as the target price for this. With i-eloop and i-start, then it would push the price even higher than the Mazda 3 1.5V pricing from the looks of it.

As for external dimensions, how much "shorter can they really make it given that the rear legroom is already no good for those taller than 5'6" for the current mazda 3 and the long hood is because of how they designed the exhaust pipes for the Skyactiv system of the engine.

I'm just being realistic here, unless they can migrate production over to Thailand for it to enjoy tax perks for ASEAN region given by Phils, I find it really hard in seeing how it can even be priced close to 800k php.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    I am unsure how they can really sell the new Mazda 2 here.

In order to lower the price, they would really need to remove the MID and just put in a radio like on the basic models of the Mazda 3 in the US.

Just from a mechanical standpoint, the Mazda 2 would be identical to the Mazda 3 1.5 already, even without i-eloop and i-start, it still looking like around 900k price point as the target price for this. With i-eloop and i-start, then it would push the price even higher than the Mazda 3 1.5V pricing from the looks of it.

As for external dimensions, how much "shorter can they really make it given that the rear legroom is already no good for those taller than 5'6" for the current mazda 3 and the long hood is because of how they designed the exhaust pipes for the Skyactiv system of the engine.

I'm just being realistic here, unless they can migrate production over to Thailand for it to enjoy tax perks for ASEAN region given by Phils, I find it really hard in seeing how it can even be priced close to 800k php.

I think puwede yung planta nang mazda sa Thailand. Dun ginagawa Mazda 3 eh, so puwede din dun Mazda 2 para mura.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    hindi ba CBU japan ang mazda 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    I think puwede yung planta nang mazda sa Thailand. Dun ginagawa Mazda 3 eh, so puwede din dun Mazda 2 para mura.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I would rather by a CBU Mazda from Japan rather than from Thailand. Japan's quality is a lot better than Thai's...So I wouldn't mind the price even if it's above 900K. To Mazda, they should point out that there units are coming from Japan. I'm sure there are lots of people out their who wants an above quality standard product to bring home.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post
    I would rather by a CBU Mazda from Japan rather than from Thailand. Japan's quality is a lot better than Thai's...So I wouldn't mind the price even if it's above 900K. To Mazda, they should point out that there units are coming from Japan. I'm sure there are lots of people out their who wants an above quality standard product to bring home.
    Anlaki nga ng billboard nila sa c5 na may "made in japan". I think its just 'perceived' quality. Standardized na factories ng manufacturers ngayon everywhere. Pero syempre, kinalakihan ng tao na pag Japan, mas maganda.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    As for external dimensions, how much "shorter can they really make it given that the rear legroom is already no good for those taller than 5'6" for the current mazda 3 and the long hood is because of how they designed the exhaust pipes for the Skyactiv system of the engine

Like the elegant Hazumi concept that accurately previewed it, the new Mazda2 body has grown in all dimensions except width and is also claimed to be about 30 per cent more rigid.

Riding on a 2570mm wheelbase (+80mm), it measures 4060mm long (+160mm), an unchanged 1695mm wide and 1500mm high (+25mm)

http://www.motoring.com.au/reviews/s...4-review-44408

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Yep Made in Japan yun Mazda 3 ngayon. Thailand produces Mazda 3's but only for right hand drive markets.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by aargh View Post
    Anlaki nga ng billboard nila sa c5 na may "made in japan". I think its just 'perceived' quality. Standardized na factories ng manufacturers ngayon everywhere. Pero syempre, kinalakihan ng tao na pag Japan, mas maganda.
    There's still the metallurgy. So you're saying a Mercedes / BMW made in Germany would have the same quality as one made here or in India? (Not that they have factories in these places in the first place). Try checking the body of a local car and compare it with that of a Subic import.