New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Try to use Google maps in conjunction with waze. For the exact place, pag malapit na kayo sa destination, just to verify na same yung tinuturo ng maps. Minsan kasi mali yung pinpoint ng waze, minsan yung Google maps ang mali.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^ yes exactly pag nasa bahay na ako. Mali yung position ng bahay ko sa map ni waze! Hanlaboo! Hehe mali triangulation ng GPS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Anyone using android has 'GPS Status' app? Before installing it, my GPS locations are always off by a block or 2. After downloading it, my locations are corrected. Just don't know if there are any other apps out there that are better?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Waze is smart enough to cache the route + map of your current trip.
    When you lose your data signal, don't try to meddle with the current trip programmed in waze. If you try to meddle, it will try to recalculate its route and it may drop the currently cached route. Patay ka na.

Also, when searching for a destination, make sure the destination appears on the list doon sa initial search mo. If you cannot find the destination, don't use the "more results". Ginawa ko yon dati to look for a hotel in Taal province. I clicked on MORE RESULTS and found the hotel I was looking for via an alternate search. So I selected that and Waze plotted the course.

Waze was able to take me to the general location of the hotel, after which, pinaikot ikot niya ako. I didn't know na halos 4 beses na ako dumaan doon sa main entrance road leading the hotel. Eventually, we asked directions.
    Tapos when we got main entrance road, naging Pacman icon yung car ko sa waze (this means the road I took was not yet on waze's map and I was adding a new road).

Another situation where WAZE (or any Google Maps) won't be of much help when you're in a place unfamiliar to you. Pag may PIYESTA tapos sinara yung main route na sinusundan mo! Grrrrr. The minute you take that detour, WAZE will recalculate. EH kung minalas ka na walang data signal, patay....

Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    ^ yes exactly pag nasa bahay na ako. Mali yung position ng bahay ko sa map ni waze! Hanlaboo! Hehe mali triangulation ng GPS?

If WAZE cannot get a GPS lock, it will use cell sites to triangulate/guesstimate your location.
    General location lang ang mabibigay non.
    Last edited by ess; February 10th, 2015 at 07:37 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    While nothing beats knowing your route, Waze is pretty smart. Even without an internet connection, as long as your destination is saved to your favorites, it'll guide you there. Of course, no live updates, but ganun din naman ang standalone/in-car GPS.

And from experience, never pang nawalan ng GPS signal yung phone ko except when going inside parking buildings. Apple also locks in much faster than Android from my experience.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Maiba tayo ng konti --- I read an article a couple weeks ago about the US Police campaigning to have the Report Police Trap function of Waze banned. They claim that the said function is compromising their operation.

Makikigaya kaya yung mga opisyales dito?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^ bakit nga kasi may report for police/speed cam si waze.

Mukhang dun pa lang red flag na nga.

Even criminal elements can gain from this kind of reports.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    ^ bakit nga kasi may report for police/speed cam si waze.

Mukhang dun pa lang red flag na nga.

Even criminal elements can gain from this kind of reports.

I guess the original intent of the function was to serve as an alternative speed radar detector.
    But waze is able to give more info. Hindi lang speed traps. Pati mga officers on standby, mga patrols, etc. Worse, the info is made available publicly, and can be viewed not only from smart phone but on your big screen desktop browser (world.waze.com).

YOu can theoretically have a view of the entire city complete with place markers for police checkpoints, speed traps, etc.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    waze user here for nearly 3 years already, its a great apps.. useful as well but its not accurate traffic info reports. pa minsan minsan sabi sa waze report trapik daw sa xx street pero di naman, minsan naman di trapik pero super trapik. Phewww ano ba tagala koya???

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    waze user here for nearly 3 years already, its a great apps.. useful as well but its not accurate traffic info reports. pa minsan minsan sabi sa waze report trapik daw sa xx street pero di naman, minsan naman di trapik pero super trapik. Phewww ano ba tagala koya???
    IMO, WAZE judges traffic volume using a combination of two methods:
    - Average speed of WAZE users passing through the road.
    - Traffic report from WAZE users

Minsan magkakaroon ng freak but temporary traffic (e.g. dump truck na nagpupumilit mag u-turn). Wazers in the area will immediately report "STANDSTILL". Pero once the traffic clears up, it takes a while before WAZE clears the status.

Also, there are other factors such as your data connection that affect the traffic info. Minsan nasa mamalasin ka na wala or mahina ang data signal sa area. The info that you'll "see" in the area is "traffic". Pero panis na pala yung data na yon, kaya lang hindi pa ma refresh dahil pangit ang connection. Tapos pag okay na, boom, biglang mawawala yung dark red/light red status doon sa kalye.

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast