New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Waze is an app for both android and iOS. It gives real time traffic situations by users who are driving from place to place. Its main function is for a user to be able to go from their location to their destination.

I have numerously been saved gas and time by using waze. Though its not perfect, it gives you options to get to your destination.

Anybody else use the app?

Also, Whats your speed difference between your gps speed via waze and actual.

My difference in my camry using 215/50 tires from standard series 55 or 60 for the vehicle is -9km/hr. So pag 100 na sa speedometer nasa 91 lang sa WAZE gps function. Maybe -5 to -6 kmh pag original 55 or 60 series. Di ko alam since palit kagad ako ng gulong to series 50.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonub View Post
    Waze is an app for both android and iOS. It gives real time traffic situations by users who are driving from place to place. Its main function is for a user to be able to go from their location to their destination.

I have numerously been saved gas and time by using waze. Though its not perfect, it gives you options to get to your destination.

Anybody else use the app?

Also, Whats your speed difference between your gps speed via waze and actual.

My difference in my camry using 215/50 tires from standard series 55 or 60 for the vehicle is -9km/hr. So pag 100 na sa speedometer nasa 91 lang sa WAZE gps function. Maybe -5 to -6 kmh pag original 55 or 60 series. Di ko alam since palit kagad ako ng gulong to series 50.
    Been using WAZE for two years already.
    During the first year of use Waze was a big big help to me in finding better routes with less traffic. Unfortunately, as the number of local WAZE users grew, even the alternate roads are now packed.
    I still use waze though for getting a heads up on road hazards that I might encounter. Also still use Waze as my main (and only) GPS.

RE: Speed difference
    Although I have the speedometer enabled in Waze, I haven't really tried checking how far it deviates from the speed reported in my car's dashboard.
    I wouldn't blame waze for the inaccuracy though. The car speed rating comes from the built in accelerometer in your smartphone or tablet. Waze is just reporting what it reads from it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    waze user here.... however, i do not really give a thought on the difference.
    what i use them for is for the best route, as well as information on traffic on the routes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

waze user here.... however, i do not really give a thought on the difference.
    what i use them for is for the best route, as well as information on traffic on the routes.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I use waze mainly for directions. As far as traffic goes, I still find the mmda app slightly more accurate. I use waze's traffic info pag wala yung route na yun sa mmda app.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    Although I have the speedometer enabled in Waze, I haven't really tried checking how far it deviates from the speed reported in my car's dashboard.
    I wouldn't blame waze for the inaccuracy though. The car speed rating comes from the built in accelerometer in your smartphone or tablet. Waze is just reporting what it reads from it.
    I assumed that the speed waze is reporting is via gps not accelerometer. I could be wrong. Thanks for the info

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    I assumed that the speed waze is reporting is via gps not accelerometer. I could be wrong. Thanks for the info

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Waze's speedometer reading is more accurate because it's a GPS reading compared to your car's speedometer.

My car's speedometer is consistently 8 kph higher than the Waze reading at speeds above 100 kph.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonub View Post
    Sorry... my mistake. Speed and direction is acquired mainly by GPS, not acceleromoter. So the accuracy of the data you're reading depends on the accuracy of the GPS reading returned by your smartphone or tablet.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I have been using waze since June last year, use it for traffic situation updates, but I still rely on the MMDA app for major routes, coz it is 24/7. One disadvantage of waze is that sometimes the place where you are going have no wazer to report the traffic.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    During the Papal visit, we went to Kamay Ni Hesus, Quezon. I was following my brother-in-law. At one point, na bad trip ako sa kanya kasi ang hilig mag overtake, kahit na makitid ang kalye at maraming kasalubong na jeepney.
    So I got fed up, stopped my car, and fired up WAZE. After telling WAZE to take me to kamay ni hesus, I texted my brother-in-law that I'll go my own way.

Since this was my first time to drive to Quezon so I knew NOTHING about the general area. I just followed waze blindly. (Kinda foolish and reckless of me since brought no maps)
    An hour later, nasa bulubundukin na ako. The roads were still nice (asphalt, walang lubak) but there were hardly any cars, just the occasional cargo jeepney and truck.

Eventually, I lost Cell signal. But fortunately, WAZE had already cached the map + route. So hindi pa rin ako nag panic.
    Eventually, I also lost GPS lock because it was very cloudy and maybe because the tree canopy and the mountain was blocking the GPS signals...whatever. AT this point, without Cell signals and GPS to estimate location, waze was just using its best guess to let me know where I was at the map. Buti na lang walang forks doon sa kalye so I just followed it.

I eventually cleared the mountain road and saw the boundary of a barangay. At this point, GPS lock was restored, and soon enough, Cell + Data signals went back.

Believe it or not, I arrived at Kamay Ni Hesus 1 hour before my brother-in-law! My brother-in-law told me that he took the main highway and there was heavy traffic.
    Galing ng waze! hehehe... Pero I realized that it's still not a full replacement for a dedicated GPS. After that experience, nag install din ako ng GPS app that had offline maps.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Yan nga din downside pag nawalan ka ng cellular data connection yare na!

And pag walang waze users na dumaan/nagreport hindi ko alam may traffic din.

One time hindi naman ako niligaw pero pinaikot ako ng malayo ni waze, i thought best route only to find out anlayo ng inikot ko.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast