New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    it was somewhat silly kung bakit namin napili sa Matnog, kasi andun yung arch na "you are now leaving the island of luzon" , then we researched and found out several pristine islands and beaches, and mahilig din kami sa roadtrips at marunong naman kami mag drive lahat kaya dinecide namin to go to Matnog.

kaka open ko lang ng Waze. i had been up to Legazpi na and the roads it suggested were the same roads we took going to Legazpi so somehow checked na yung maps na part

i am not really sure with myself hahahaha kaya i am still checking kung may pwedeng sumama sa akin, but if matutuloy ako ng solo eh this will be a hellafun of a drive

kanina i was looking at air compressors, and may recent thread na rin about it. di pa naman ako nafa-flatan along the way but it looks like it is a must-have na

--

i was about to submit then jettp0gi just replied, your insights are very helpful. say alis ako ng mga 10 or 11PM, para at sunrise bandang Cam Norte na ako with a stopover at Lucena?

Cagsawa is a must, CWC was meh for me. Donsol is very interesting. From Matnog, how much is the Roro fare to Allen, then how long would it take from Allen to Tacloban?

this is exciting ahaha

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    it was somewhat silly kung bakit namin napili sa Matnog, kasi andun yung arch na "you are now leaving the island of luzon" , then we researched and found out several pristine islands and beaches, and mahilig din kami sa roadtrips at marunong naman kami mag drive lahat kaya dinecide namin to go to Matnog.

kaka open ko lang ng Waze. i had been up to Legazpi na and the roads it suggested were the same roads we took going to Legazpi so somehow checked na yung maps na part

i am not really sure with myself hahahaha kaya i am still checking kung may pwedeng sumama sa akin, but if matutuloy ako ng solo eh this will be a hellafun of a drive

kanina i was looking at air compressors, and may recent thread na rin about it. di pa naman ako nafa-flatan along the way but it looks like it is a must-have na

--

i was about to submit then jettp0gi just replied, your insights are very helpful. say alis ako ng mga 10 or 11PM, para at sunrise bandang Cam Norte na ako with a stopover at Lucena?

Cagsawa is a must, CWC was meh for me. Donsol is very interesting. From Matnog, how much is the Roro fare to Allen, then how long would it take from Allen to Tacloban?

this is exciting ahaha
    Rates:
    FASTCAT - PASSENGER RATES

Sched/Travel Time:
    FASTCAT - SCHEDULES

Just find "Matnog - San Isidro" sir.

Di pa ko nakarating ng Tacloban sir. Hanggang Catbalogan lang ako hehe.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I would recommend splitting the trip from Manila-Naga (8 hrs) and Naga-Sorsogon (4 hours). This way, you're recharged when you get to Sorsogon and you have time to enjoy the trip.

Here are some of the things you can see in Matnog:

1. Subic Beach (20 min boat ride):

2. Fish Sanctuary:

3. View from Matnog port:

4. View from Bulan port (20 min drive):

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    ^ our initial itinerary is to visit Subic beach and surrounding islets. san nyo iniwan ang sasakyan when you are about to board the boat?

ive been looking for Matnog's tourism office contact info for like a week now pero parang walang leads....

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    ^ our initial itinerary is to visit Subic beach and surrounding islets. san nyo iniwan ang sasakyan when you are about to board the boat?

ive been looking for Matnog's tourism office contact info for like a week now pero parang walang leads....
    Matnog has a parking area, overnight parking was P50 if I remember correctly.

Oh since you're in Sorsogon you should also try Bulusan Lake. Haven't been there personally but I saw pics from my friend and it looks nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Mukang excited si juts magkwento sa alone trip nya

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I've travelled abroad alone. It kept me distracted but there were instances when I wish I had someone with me.

What's there to see in Matnog?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Na-approach ka na ba ng eastern european looking men

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    na test ko nadin solo drive batangas to pagudpod..ayun pagud na, pudpod pa pwet at gulong.sa layo.
    pa check mo muna mga brake shoe at pad mo.reserbang gulong kung ok pa.dala ka na din ng lubid.or goma panali.pagkain tubig.damit,at mga safety tools.firts aid.dapat may tire inflator ka din para mas ok.dala ka din brake fluid.at basic tools.
    extra sim.at extra cellphone ,load.kasi may mga lugar na walang signal ang globe.or smart.

at higit sa lahat baunin mo si lord happy trip..

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Add ko lang din sir, don't forget to bring wd40 and duct tape 😄.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    got the following already:

portable air compressor
    8L distilled water
    30L diesel
    tire puncture kit
    canned food
    osmand offline map

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast