New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    May forced leave ako on the upcoming weekdays so I can't count on my friends na papayagan sila mag leave on such a short notice

I have been to Pagudpud na, pahinga ko lang is the stretch from San Fernando to Vigan, nagpapalit na ako kasi I came from work that day, then Vigan to Pagudpud ay ako na ulit.

Ang initial plan namin is sa Matnog, Sorsogon which is kasing-layo rin ng Pagudpud. I haven't driven that long na solo

1. Tips on how to drive this far na solo lang?
    2. I will be using Waze/Google Maps all the way, hanggang Lucena lang ako familiar. Reliable ba yun all the way to Matnog? Nung nag Pagudpud kami, Waze was on point.
    3. I have the following already: tow strap, jumper cable, 2x15L diesel jerry cans, 2x spare headlights, basic tools. Baka may recommended tools pa kayo to bring
    4. Any notable or recommended waypoints and stopovers?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Solo? you're in for trouble man. Bring a driver/friend mas masaya! If you feel the eyes getting slow, stop and rest. Water tools and food - the usual road trip stuff. Punuin mo na rin USB mo ng disco songs lol jk. Extra cash and extra clothing. I'll recommend going the bitukang manok route for the zigzag fun but remember top top up the gas at Daet.

Have fun!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    for me thats 582km or 12 hours of loneliness, won't drive alone with that distance anymore... but thats just me...

tire repair kit and compressor...

*ok sana road side assistance insurance for peace of mind since you are alone, pero di yata covered yan ganyan ka layo... (free ito sa petron value card, just read the fine print to qualify)
    Last edited by Stigg ma; October 11th, 2016 at 11:15 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Plan trip para wala masyado traffic.
    Two days before of complete rest.
    Bring lots of water.
    Most important kutsilyo and kalamansi kung antok ka na :-)

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Gumagana na ba waze papunta.matnog?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by johncoder View Post
    Solo? you're in for trouble man. Bring a driver/friend mas masaya! If you feel the eyes getting slow, stop and rest. Water tools and food - the usual road trip stuff. Punuin mo na rin USB mo ng disco songs lol jk. Extra cash and extra clothing. I'll recommend going the bitukang manok route for the zigzag fun but remember top top up the gas at Daet.

Have fun!
    Baka broken heart kung minsan kasi kahit takot ang tao mag-travel ng solo, nakakag-travel kasi broken heart. Si *cath nga hindi umaabot sa ganun situation, antay ko na lang mag-travel sa subic kahit solo pero mukang kaya pa nya

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Baka broken heart kung minsan kasi kahit takot ang tao mag-travel ng solo, nakakag-travel kasi broken heart. Si *cath nga hindi umaabot sa ganun situation, antay ko na lang mag-travel sa subic kahit solo pero mukang kaya pa nya

What's there to see in Matnog?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    yung mga butanding pero summer pa siguro magpapakita

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ sa matnog? Wala naman butanding doon afaik. Sa donsol iyong whale watching bos

Matnog is the gateway to the visayas. Doon dumadaong mga ferry/roro papunta sa samar , leyte and beyond

to be or not to be, that always confuses me!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    May forced leave ako on the upcoming weekdays so I can't count on my friends na papayagan sila mag leave on such a short notice

I have been to Pagudpud na, pahinga ko lang is the stretch from San Fernando to Vigan, nagpapalit na ako kasi I came from work that day, then Vigan to Pagudpud ay ako na ulit.

Ang initial plan namin is sa Matnog, Sorsogon which is kasing-layo rin ng Pagudpud. I haven't driven that long na solo

1. Tips on how to drive this far na solo lang?
    2. I will be using Waze/Google Maps all the way, hanggang Lucena lang ako familiar. Reliable ba yun all the way to Matnog? Nung nag Pagudpud kami, Waze was on point.
    3. I have the following already: tow strap, jumper cable, 2x15L diesel jerry cans, 2x spare headlights, basic tools. Baka may recommended tools pa kayo to bring
    4. Any notable or recommended waypoints and stopovers?
    Nakapag-solo drive na ko for 500-600kms many times, both northbound and southbond. No big deal naman. Kailangan lang may ample rest beforehand, at wag nagmamadali. Also, make it a day trip if possible. Yung tipong nasa Naga ka na before nightfall.

For your backup navigation, install OsmAnd then download the latest PH map sir. Both app and map are from OpenStreetMap. Reliable sila AFAIK. Pag walang data connection, yan minsan gamit ko in addition to my Garmin+Roadguide PH map.

For your stopovers, maraming kapehan/karinderya along the way if that's what you mean by stopovers. Or did you mean tourist spots like Mt. Iriga, Mt. Mayon, CWC, or maybe Donsol?

Another tip, I would suggest you go up via Camarines Norte and avoid Andaya Highway - laging sira/butas-butas kalsada dyan. One of the reasons why I suggested you go day trip.

BTW, pagdating ng Matnog, why not take the RoRo na rin and drive all the way to Tacloban? Sayang naman yung pagkahaba-habang byahe. Sulitin na yan hehehe.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast