New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Planning to have an outing at talisay.. Going down, I plan on passing through Ligaya Drive and going up, I plan on passing through tagaytay-talisay road. I'm curious as to the road conditions (if any parts are being repaired, is it pothole ridden, etc). Anybody passed through it recently?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Havent passed there lately but it is concrete and usually in good condition. However, if you're heading to Talisay, why not take SLEX - STAR toll - Sambat (Tanauan) exit?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Havent passed there lately but it is concrete and usually in good condition. However, if you're heading to Talisay, why not take SLEX - STAR toll - Sambat (Tanauan) exit?
    Well actually just for the view and experience of driving sa zigzag pababa. I love taking scenic routes going places. Pero syempre safety comes first so kapag sobrang pangit road conditions doon then I'd rather take yung STAR tollway route. Thanks for the input!

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    ok naman ang daan dito sir nung last na daan ko sept or oct last year yata yon... saka maganda nga view... sarap mag-sight seeing and picture-picture syempre...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Haven't driven on that stretch of road for some time.... And yes, one surreal driving experience...

Don't forget to bring cooler box for your maliputo and tawilis.....

15.5K:boxing1:
    Last edited by CVT; May 4th, 2012 at 09:47 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    There are some portions na under repair but still manageable. Just went to tagaytay last month via this route.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    just passed by this route last august, ok naman condition ng kalsada.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Last Saturday night, while raining, I passed by from Lemery-Agoncillo to Talisay-Tagaytay Rotonda. What an experience! Walang binatbat yung Kennon Road.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    This road is one of the most desirable road for drivers who wants adventure, but one of the most complicated. The twists and turns are not for the beginners.

Some less complicated are Kennon Road, Marcos Highway, Halsema Highway in Mt. Province and Benguet area, Bitukang Manok in Atimonan, Dalton Pass in Nueva Viscaya, Tanay in Rizal, and portion of the road in Samploc in Quezon.

One of the best twisted roads I had encounted is in Benguet- from Tublay (after La Trinidad) going to the municipality of Kibungan, Benguet, around 50kms and 2 hour drive.

Sent from my ASUS_X00DDA using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sarsi; May 29th, 2017 at 03:23 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarsi View Post
    This road is one of the most desirable road for drivers who wants adventure, but one of the most complicated. The twists and turns are not for the beginners.

Some less complicated are Kennon Road, Marcos Highway, Halsema Highway in Mt. Province and Benguet area, Bitukang Manok in Atimonan, Dalton Pass in Nueva Viscaya, Tanay in Rizal, and portion of the road in Samploc in Quezon.

One of the best twisted roads I had encounted is in Benguet- from Tublay (after La Trinidad) going to the municipality of Kibungan, Benguet, around 50kms and 2 hour drive.

Sent from my ASUS_X00DDA using Tapatalk
    I just came from that area last week. Drove from sagada to Baguio. Grabe nagsawa ako sa twisties. The following day, sobrang na miss ko naman ang Flat roads kasi dyan sa puro kurba, 2nd to 3rd gear lang ako. Takbong 30kph lang para safe puro blind curve.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Road conditions / traffic conditions on Ligaya drive on tagaytay-talisay road?