New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Since the bottlenecks are the toll booths at the ends would it be better to exit sctex at tarlac then enter tplex again at the next toll gate? I do have a rfid for nlex/sctex but there are no rfid for tplex kasi.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    We tried this once, I think 3 years ago, assumed that most of the vacationers would have been finished by Thursday evening.

It took us 4 hours to travel from Clark to Subic, what used to be 45 mins only. Go figure.

One of the main problems kasi ng Subic toll gate, 4 lang ang booths, minsan 5 pag ganyang holiday or magdadagdag sila to accommodate the massive inflow, but after the toll gate, the road narrows to 2 lanes again. Dyan na yung bottleneck at traffic ulit.
    kasi kung maundy thursday ka aalis, kahit madaling araw traffic din eh

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Since the bottlenecks are the toll booths at the ends would it be better to exit sctex at tarlac then enter tplex again at the next toll gate? I do have a rfid for nlex/sctex but there are no rfid for tplex kasi.
    That's an interesting idea.

I've never tried going to TPLEX before, after NLEX and going back to SCTEX for Subic.

I've tried using the Concepcion entrance to go to Subic and it was fairly quick. On an ordinary week day it was only an hour and 15 minutes travel time, averaging 100-120KpH.

We did it last April 9, during the Araw ng Kagitingan holiday. It was a breeze.

If you want to avoid the congestion at the bigger intersection points, this might actually be a good idea.

NLEX to TPLEX up to Concepcion, then go back in the opposite direction to SCTEX, then get off at the Dinalupihan interchange, take the O.G. road into Subic.

Haven't tried that though. It will be a crap-shoot for sure, but it has potential.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    We are driving up to Pampanga tomorrow and I am hoping traffic will be tolerable. I told my wife that we will have to leave early.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    We are driving up to Pampanga tomorrow and I am hoping traffic will be tolerable. I told my wife that we will have to leave early.
    Balitaan mo kami ano kalabasan ng biyahe niyo, bro.

Good luck.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Good luck with that Master E. If I see a good-looking driver in a Fozzie I'll give you a honk and maybe stalk you for a day or two. hehe.

Seriously though, avoid getting off at the Angeles-Magalang exit, it's too small to accommodate the number of cars expected. The same for Clark.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Good luck with that Master E. If I see a good-looking driver in a Fozzie I'll give you a honk and maybe stalk you for a day or two. hehe.

Seriously though, avoid getting off at the Angeles-Magalang exit, it's too small to accommodate the number of cars expected. The same for Clark.
    Maybe if traffic is slow, you can honk your horn to a plain-looking Fozzie on the road. When traffic is light and flowing, you'd know me when you see a Fozzie cruising steadily at a brisk pace of the acceptable limits of NLEX (120kmh).

That's the sad part, we are most likely getting off at the Angeles-Magalang exit unless we go somewhere else first.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Maybe if traffic is slow, you can honk your horn to a plain-looking Fozzie on the road. When traffic is light and flowing, you'd know me when you see a Fozzie cruising steadily at a brisk pace of the acceptable limits of NLEX (120kmh).

That's the sad part, we are most likely getting off at the Angeles-Magalang exit unless we go somewhere else first.
    Hehe, it would be very lucky if you can go that fast tomorrow considering the date.

Now may be the time to buy an E-pass/ RFID, it may save you quite a bit of time on the toll booths.

Personally, I would prolly get off at the Mexico exit, it has a bigger toll booth although the road going to MacArthur highway is only 2-lanes.

Everywhere tomorrow will be congested, that's a given.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Everywhere tomorrow will be congested, that's a given.
    Everywhere except dito sa Maynila. Change of plan kami this year. Dito muna kami at maglibot-libot na lang dito sa Metro.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    Everywhere except dito sa Maynila. Change of plan kami this year. Dito muna kami at maglibot-libot na lang dito sa Metro.
    Maybe on Friday and Saturday, but not tomorrow sir. Yung lahat ng lalabas ng M.M. nasa daan lahat bukas di ba?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast